Sal's RuneScape Forum

Hey guys!! I'm sure you have all seen this question plenty of times with the same exact circumstances but it's my turn to ask....

I have been seeing a lot of OSRS logs and things of the like and it's making me miss the game a lot.

My problem is that I have already come so far in RS3 and still have so much to do..

Do I play OSRS or stick with RS3???

Thanks all

Well, you should play what you enjoy more. You can always play both.

Play OSRS when you're bored of RS3 and play RS3 when you're bored of OSRS.

I also "gave up" a lot of progress to play OSRS, which is frustrating, but ultimately I enjoy it more so I play it.

It really depends on what holds your interest more. I like RS3 better, but sometimes I get bored of it and go play OSRS (like now). When I get tired of this, I might go back to RS3 or just leave it alone altogether for a while.

I like to take breaks from games when I feel myself running thin on enthusiasm for them. You don't say specifically if that's happening with RS3 and yourself but if it is, take a week off. Try a different game, take a run through an old Pokemon game, etc. Come back after a week and see if you're super excited, or bored coming back. Either way you have an answer.

Try a different game

I can't ever make up my mind about what game I want to play anyway so this one will be easy for me :P

It really depends on what holds your interest more

It's really hard to say which one does. I think in my mind the pros and cons of each match them up. I enjoy the new graphics and all of the new gear and skills and stuff in RS3. It seems like there's more to do. But I love OSRS that's the game I played all those years ago and I really never got far in it anyway.

Play OSRS when you're bored of RS3 and play RS3 when you're bored of OSRS.

I think after all that I like this idea the most. That way when I get bored I won't go to a completely different game haha.

Thanks all!

It really depends on what holds your interest more

It's really hard to say which one does. I think in my mind the pros and cons of each match them up. I enjoy the new graphics and all of the new gear and skills and stuff in RS3. It seems like there's more to do. But I love OSRS that's the game I played all those years ago and I really never got far in it anyway.

If you didn't get too far into it in the first place, it might not hold your attention too long. For me, I progressed pretty far when I shared my first account back in 2005-6 with my friend (SHAME, I know). Because of this, there is more of that sense of nostalgia which drives me to keep going and uncovering what I've forgotten about the game in my memory.

But, I guess the flip side works too. If it's new to you, then exploring what the game was like 8 years ago might just be the biggest appeal. When OSRS came out a couple years ago now, myself and a bunch of friends who used to play it way back in middle school all signed up to make sure we got in. Those who played until end-game content are the only ones still active. Those who barely progressed past Romeo and Juliet, well, they stopped playing a long time ago.

It's a great game either way :)

I progressed pretty far when I shared my first account back in 2005-6 with my friend

Tis a shame and unfortunately I used to do the same thing... We both forgot about RS and I stole it back O.o.

I progressed pretty far when I shared my first account back in 2005-6 with my friend

Tis a shame and unfortunately I used to do the same thing... We both forgot about RS and I stole it back O.o.

I don't see it as a bad thing, I know it was against the rules and understood why, but I'm just happy it wasn't enforced. Just, if you got in trouble in another way you wouldn't get much help. Made playing the game for fun when you only had to do half the grind!