Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Nitua

Thoughts on Windows 10?

Windows 10 released today and I was wondering what you guys thought about it. So far I think it looks slick but I haven't had a lot of time to review it completely.

Couldn't decide if this should go in technology or not so I just put it in general for now, can always be moved of course.

I'm still waiting for my email to download it :(

I think if you right click that windows 10 icon on the taskbar it will say something like "Get windows 10" or something. There was something I clicked in that menu that started it for me.

I think if you right click that windows 10 icon on the taskbar it will say something like "Get windows 10" or something. There was something I clicked in that menu that started it for me.

Humph.. if smugly says "Notify me when ready!"

Follow THIS guide to force the download

I'll check that out, thank you!

1362663780947188325.png

yes this game is delivered with the OS and is not a separately installed demo...

pathetic...

How to spot an old man: the first thing he checks out in a new Windows installation is FreeCell

1362663780947188325.png

yes this game is delivered with the OS and is not a separately installed demo...

pathetic...

How to spot an old man: the first thing he checks out in a new Windows installation is FreeCell

I hope you aren't implying that I would have installed windows :P

1362663780947188325.png

pathetic...

a) They had the same thing with W8

b) You don't have to pay for it?

c) There are hundreds of solitaire apps on the windows store (heck you can just download the W7 version), MS aren't forcing you to use that one

What's the problem again?

1362663780947188325.png

pathetic...

c) There are hundreds of solitaire apps on the windows store (heck you can just download the W7 version), MS aren't forcing you to use that one

nope in the previous version it wasn't installed on your system already

the problem is obvious, micro transaction "free to play" demo's already packed in the official OS itself, not as an add on on an 'app store'

if it isn't included in the OS don't include it

so you buy a copy of the new windows, becasue it isn't free actually, and in an application that gets installed with it you get adverts and pop ups asking for money

yeah not a problem indeed...

1362663780947188325.png

pathetic...

the problem is obvious, micro transaction "free to play" demo's already packed in the official OS itself, not as an add on on an 'app store'

so you buy a copy of the new windows, becasue it isn't free actually, and in an application that gets installed with it you get adverts and pop ups asking for money

Why is 'free to play' in quotations? It's 100% free to play.

Old Windows had these same games pre installed, nobody seemed to mind then.

And Windows 10 is free to me, haven't had to pay a cent for it :)

I'm seriously not bothered to go through the hassle of updating my laptop at the moment. I'll wait until circumstances force me to grudgingly accept change.

I just installed the update today. Took under an hour to get the first boot (on an SSD), then I just used it as normal for the next few hours, restarting every once in a while, and everything is pretty good.

Some of the theme changes are kind of annoying, but there's some cool new features. Biggest gripe is that my gestures aren't working 100% right now.

Oh, and Windows finally has multiple desktops.

I just installed the update today. Took under an hour to get the first boot (on an SSD), then I just used it as normal for the next few hours, restarting every once in a while, and everything is pretty good.

Some of the theme changes are kind of annoying, but there's some cool new features. Biggest gripe is that my gestures aren't working 100% right now.

Oh, and Windows finally has multiple desktops.

Yeah I like the multiple desktops, that'll come in handy at college/in general. I don't have a touch screen so... yeah.

1362663780947188325.png

pathetic...

Why is 'free to play' in quotations? It's 100% free to play.

Old Windows had these same games pre installed, nobody seemed to mind then.

And Windows 10 is free to me, haven't had to pay a cent for it :)

This is definitely different, considering these are ad-supported whereas Windows 7 and previous just had them there without anything. It's annoying that you now have to pay for the privilege of not having to look at those ads.

Windows 10 is fine. I'm sorta missing the thing where in the start menu it was possible for programs to give multiple options (like Steam allowing you to launch the most recently played games) but maybe the option's there and I just haven't found it. I like the UI stuff, especially that you've got more options for snapping windows. Except for that it is 100% the same as far as I'm concerned. No revelations but at least they don't make you install a program to get rid of the garbage UI like they did in Windows 8.

So, just got it. Love it! Not much to comment on, I definitely like the new look.

I just wish you could add more programs to the Start menu.

So, just got it. Love it! Not much to comment on, I definitely like the new look.

You can. Just drag from the program list.

You can. Just drag from the program list.

I should have specified. I would like to add custom programs to the list. For some reason I can't add Microsoft Word or Ppt, but I can add the Excel from the same year. I'd also like to put on there specific documents, and icons for Steam Games.

Oh and I'd like to be able to put programs where "most used" is. I disabled that one and the other (recently added) but can't put anything in their place.

Edited by Chaoss

Did they skip Windows 9? I feel like we totally missed that.

Did they skip Windows 9? I feel like we totally missed that.

We totally didn't

c2AgPp0.jpg

I'll be sticking to 8.1 for now. Never did jump on newest version immediately. I think I'll get 10 on my next format schedule, which won't be for a while, since this computer is like 2 months old. :P

I upgraded a few days ago and I don't really have any complaints so far. I'm glad they did away with the start menu being this completely separate screen, because that was a hassle. Cortana is alright from the limited times I've used it.

Out of topic, but what is wrong with number 9 that major tech companies are skipping it :D same story with Iphone X lol