Sal's RuneScape Forum

Sailing is getting added to Old School, with the 75% approval of course. Here is the devblog on it.

It seems to follow a dungeoneering type random generation of islands and obstacles. You'll be able to unlock certain things like augury, Fossil Island, etc which have been talked about but not implemented.

Will you vote for sailing?

Player-owned ports in RS3 wasn't enough huh???

Welp I don't play Old School, but I may still have my account on there if I were ever to log in and try it out. It sounds interesting

Boats boats boats! But uhhh I might check it out or something, if I ever decide I want to play.

I don't like the idea of the player vs player sailing. I hope that's an option for specific areas, rather than regardless.

Bout time though.

Seems to be PoP for old school. I liked that in RS3 and something similiar in OS would make a nice addition to the game. But we'll see what they come up with the details.

I hope it's nothing like POP.

Even though I don't play OSRS, the idea of this skill does motivate me to try it out. If it's implemented, I'd love to see it appear in RS3. One question that comes to mind, though, is how completely new skills fit in with the idea of OSRS.

At the moment it sounds a bit like a dungeoneering substitute.

Edited by Tree

Not really impressed with what they've thought of so far. I'll vote for it though, this is the only skill I would ever want to see released in Old School. I don't understand all the negative reaction on the forum thread.

Screw change. Voting no. The only reason OSRS exists is because people were satisfied with how it was... some updates are fine but I just think it crosses the line of 'OSRS'.

Screw change. Voting no. The only reason OSRS exists is because people were satisfied with how it was... some updates are fine but I just think it crosses the line of 'OSRS'.

Holy Sneeze, you're still here. :o

I think OS needs to move forward at some point and not stay behind like RSC. But it totally needs to avoid updates that RS3 had in the past.

Edited by Jure

Yeah it should definitely move forward, totally with you on that. I just think an entirely new skill (with traits that resemble dungeoneering) is too much.

It's still too early on for me to dismiss this but I agree in that I don't want to see another dungeoneering.

I would rather see dungeoneering-like content released in this way instead of an actual dungeoneering skill. Don't want to see anything like dungeoneering though, it looks like this has some dungeoneering sort of flair but that's only part of it.

I will vote no if it simply going to be instanced like dungeoneering plus pvp.

I won't mind if some of the high seas will be considered part of the wilderness but I do not want all of it to be. Maybe they can work in some of the pirate lore from quests and let us be safe and under their protection in their pirate areas. I'd like to see the skill integrated with some of the existing skills (construction, crafting, smithing) I am not sure how they can make that work.

I was going to ramble on some giant unnecessary post about how the skill must be balanced, yet useful, however, I gave up.

If the skill comes out, I'll train it. I'll probably be maxed by the time it comes out and can just simply do nothing but that skill if and when that happens.

Some things to keep in mind is that PvP won't be required, it will be a side thing you can do the way the current wilderness works. You also won't be required to train the skill in a party like Dungeoneering if you wish to gain the most efficient exp within the skill.

This skill has definite potential in that it actually can fit in with the oldschool feel and live within the spirit of the game. It also has potential to bring more usefulness to having high construction, smithing and crafting levels not to mention, with shipbuilding, it can bring in very useful item/gp sinks for the game.

I still don't get it. It does not sound like a skill to me. The shipbuilding xp could easily be left to existing skills (construction, crafting, smithing, etc) The rest of it sounds like dungeoneering with islands and caverns iso Daemonheim rooms. Not what I want in a skill.

I'm 50/50 on having sailing added. It wouldn't truly be 07 Runescape because this skill never existed back then. However, I can see some reason behind it, to have some other content in the game besides the original skills & etc.