Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Egghebrecht

Zorro gets an post apocalyptic reboot

Lantica Media and Sobini Films are partnering up for the feature project that plans to shoot in 2016.

Zorro Reborn has been reborn.

The film project about a futuristic Zorro has found new life with a partnership between Lantica Media and Sobini Films.

Lantica, the media company led by CEO Antonio Gennari that works in production and financing as well as studio space, will finance the movie with a plan to begin principal photography March 2016 in Pinewood Dominican Republic Studios.

Veteran producer and Sobini CEO Mark Amin, whose credits include Good Kill and Frida, will produce the film.

Pantelion Films will handle international sales with sales launching at the Toronto Film Festival.

Zorro Reborn is a post-apocalyptic take on the myth of Zorro, the pulp hero created in 1919. The traditional stories cast Zorro as a hero of peasants and farmers who fought against corrupt and brutal officials of Spanish-held California. Reborn is set in the near future but keeps the idea of a masked and caped stranger taking on tyrants.

The project had been previously set up at 20th Century Fox with names such as Bryan Singer, Ricardo de Montreuil, Gary Whitta and Justin Marks involved with it over the years.

A search is underway for a filmmaker to tackle the project.

"This has been a 15-year journey filled with ups and downs, but it has remained my passion project over the years," said Amin.

"Every generation has its own Zorro hero and we’re proud to be able to introduce a new Zorro to this generation," said Gennari.

Albert Martinez Martin is overseeing production for Lantica Pictures. Cami Winikoff and David W. Higgins will executive produce on behalf of Sobini.

source: http://www.hollywood...c-reboot-815937

personal opinion:

kill-it-with-fire-demotivational-poster-1235695993.jpg

seriously this is just a generic masked hero in a post apoc setting story but with Zorro in the title to compensate for a complete lack of originality

now on the other hand if it would be named "Zorrobot and the age of Daaaaaarkness" there might be some hope yet...

Edited by Egghebrecht

Apocalyptic Antonio Banderas.

I like the concept of Zorro, but I think by removing him from his general setting to a post-apocalyptic future, I imagine they will change his outfit too. That raises the following question:

If a hero does not look like himself/herself, nor do he/she fit in the usual background and setting, and is only the same in name and deeds... is it then really the same hero? I do not think so, meaning they are just basically hogging the brand recognition to sell a stand-alone story.

Elseworlds Zorro.... I find that concept to be sad, because it ruins good childhood memories.

because at least something good must come out of this I hereby declare this thread to be about horrible puns about potential titles from now on

Mad Zorro: Fury Horsetrail

RoboZorro: Once dead now he's back, with a mission!

The iMask of Zorro

idabSoC.jpg

Bring it on

Edited by Arianna

Sounds potentially hilariously bad.

For some reason this reminded me of the Knights of Cydonia music video. I'd really rather have that extended into a full movie because that sounds even dumber and better.

Edited by reepicheep

I doubt they would change the outfit too drastically. The hat, rapier, and mask are his signature items, changing them would definitely change the character.

Zorronator 3: Rise of the Machines

Transzorro 3: Dark side of Mexico

No Country for Old Zorros

Yeah, I don't think they will change his outfit too much. Besides, it wouldn't make sense. That is what he is known for, his signature. It'll be interesting to see how they do Zorro in a post apocalyptic way.