Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arianna

Italian chef threatens to kill colleague over best way to make pizza

Italian chef threatened to kill colleague in Australia over the best way to make pizza

A 'passionate' chef threatened to kill his co-worker with a knife after arguing about the best way to make the Italian dish

How to make pizza correctly is a matter for debate among many people, with some preferring deep dish, others loving a hot dog-stuffed crust, and still more who think sourdough is the only correct pizza base.

This guy went got a bit too 'passionate' about his pizza recipe, however. A court heard that he threatened to kill a fellow chef with a knife over the best way to make a pizza.

The two chefs had their argument at the restaurant in Fannie Bay, Darwin, Australia last month.

When the argument came to a head, the accused man, Francesco Cristofaro, 21, allegedly chased the victim with a knife, yelling "tonight, I kill you".

Magistrate Greg Smith told Cristofaro that "passion is sometimes a good thing, but running around with a knife is misplaced passion".

Cristofaro is originally from Italy, but was living in Australia on a working holiday with his girlfriend, who also worked at the restaurant.

His lawyer, Peter Maley, said his client is "a passionate cook that cares a great deal about the art of making pizzas".

"He has never been in trouble with the law here or in Europe," he said.

Magistrate Smith said Cristofaro "might be a good cook, but the use of a knife by a cook is not always good".

"Hopefully this sentence teaches you a lesson," Magistrate Smith told Cristofaro.

Cristofaro was sentenced to four months' jail, suspended for 12 months.

What is the perfect pizza? We asked an Italian

Federica Cocco, who moved to England from Italy 12 years ago, told The Telegraph the correct way to make a pizza.

"It's easy! You make the dough by mixing flour, salt and yeast. You knead it. You leave the dough to rise for a few hours. You make the sauce with tomato etc."

"Then you roll out the dough into thin circles and you put it in the oven with the sauce for 5 minutes, then add the mozzarella, then leave for another few minutes and it's ready."

We also asked her what is most likely to make her angry when it comes to pizza.

She said: "No chicken on pizza! Or on pasta for that matter. Because the dough is there to absorb flavour. But chicken absorbs flavour too! So it makes no sense to match them."

http://www.telegraph...make-pizza.html

do not-a fudge-a with italia, signora

(also, as someone with knowledge of UK English, the name of the city will never cease to make me giggle YES I'M TWELVE SHUT UP)

Edited by Arianna

Talk about taking their passions to a new extreme. Perfectionist professions such as being a chef generally produce some very OCD-like employees. :P

I expect nothing less from Italian Pizza chefs.

As much as i find this believable, i checked back the last couple of months on local sources but couldnt find it anywhere else & knowing the " high quality" of journalism they practice find it difficult to think they wouldn't have picked this up & run with it if true.

Possibly an old story rehashed to fill space, but definitely not in the timeframe they claim.

I disagree with with the "no chicken" remark. Buffalo chicken pizza is a god-send. As is BBQ chicken pizza.

We've filled whole highway supports with the likes of you, and we've still got a few highways under construction :grindteeth: