Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Chaoss

Text formatting

I don't know if it's an IP Board issue, or something else, but the formatting on this site really screws up the text editor window.

For example, if I italicize, then in the middle of typing in italics type a backspace, it jumps me back a couple words or more. This happens all the time. It happens to bolded words too, and probably others.

How to repeat this? Select a formatting type, start writing a sentence, and then in the middle of a word press backspace. Even in a future paragraph pressing backspace sometimes makes you jump back to where the last formatted test is located. It's annoying.

Example of how it looks:

Hi, I am writing in italicsneed to fix it, pressing backspace throws my words around. If I mess up when type and

Hope there is a fix :/

testing:

bla blabla blablabla

yeah I can reproduce it too following your instructions here on chrome

what browser did you use?

I also use Chrome, and it's on Windows 10 if that helps. Same problem occurred on Win7 though.

Edited by Chaoss

I posted about this like two years or so back but I couldn't find it, ugh. It is very annoying tho and a fix would be nice :>

Similarly, the text editor box in general has difficulties when attempting to change its size. Clicking the bottom right symbol "///" and dragging sometimes causes it to "catch" so it thinks it's still being held down when the mouse button is not being pressed. Of course when I try it now I can't reproduce it, but it happened in my last comment 5 minutes ago, so I'll try to find a way to reproduce it.

This is an ancient bug. I think I brought it up in the past too, but I think the consensus was that it was a problem on my end. I never made an effort in reproducing it, so since it was so irratic, I just assumed it actually was an issue on my end. :P

This made / makes writing guides in the text editor excruciating at times, especially with things like tables or lists when you have to jump around all over the place. Would also love to see a fix for this