Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sobend

Movies that were better than the book

What movies were better than the books (avoid spoilers if possible).

I have always found the movie version of The Natural to be better than the book. I understand what the book is trying to accomplish, but I think the movie is visually well done and better reflects the title.

Oh MAN I love this thread. I totally agree with The Natural, the film version is just so much better, Redford killed it. Best scene:

(I have WonderBoy in my house)

Some others:

• Fight Club
  • The Godfather
  • Forrest Gump
  • Jurassic Park (to an extent)
  • Silver Linings Playbook (mostly because B. Coops :wub:)

I've also heard LoTR was a better movie, but I've only read the books. I loved the books though they are pretty slow, so maybe that's why people prefer the movie (even though it's what, 3 hours?)

Similarly, I head Gone Girl is a better movie. I have the book on my shelf to read, but I have to wait until midterms are over.

Edited by Chaoss

Imo Lord of the Rings was definitely better in the book.

Yeah the only one that comes to mind is the Natural, but it's a completely different ending so I don't know if that's fair (you like the movie plot better than the book plot).

(I have WonderBoy in my house)

I have a New York Knights t-shirt, most people assume it is a legion ball t-shirt though lol

Similarly, I head Gone Girl is a better movie. I have the book on my shelf to read, but I have to wait until midterms are over.

I don't think one is necessarily better than the other, they're both great and you should definitely get on it :D

I thoroughly enjoyed watching Cloud Atlas, although I'm not sure if it's better than the book, but it's certainly a fun watch.

the original comic book ending was horrible, the movie one was much much much better

ooh speaking of better movie endings, Stephen King's The Mist

watchmen

the original comic book ending was horrible, the movie one was much much much better

That movie is fairly confusing if you're not familiar with the actual book.

Rorschach and the Comedian are well portrayed, but some other roles weren't portrayed that well or the actors looked far too young to be middle aged.

I always found The Godfather to be a better experience than the first part of the book, covering the same events. Coppola brought a degree of life into that story that the book could not do justice. :P

Other movies I can think of that has not been mentioned would be Forrest Gump, Die Hard and Silence of the Lambs. Especially the two first.

Life of Brian is definitely superior to the book it's based on

Life of Brian is definitely superior to the book it's based on

heh

Seeing as I've never been able to actually force myself to slog through LOTR I definitely feel like the movies are better.

Most movie adaptions of books I've read I wasn't too fond of, and a lot of actual good movies that are adaptions I've never read the book so that's really the only thing I can offer for this.

Shrek and The Iron Giant were both stupid children's books but were really great as cartoons.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching Cloud Atlas, although I'm not sure if it's better than the book, but it's certainly a fun watch.

I understood nothing in Cloud Atlas, especially how they were all supposed to be connected. Goes from gay composer to evil Tom Hanks doctor to Korean food slaves to slavery to old Tom Hanks. I was like what

The LOTR movies aren't necessarily better than the books in my opinion, just easier to follow for both casual and die-hard fans. It helps that the score is amazing, but the battles are more entertaining dumbed down than in the books where there are just too many moving parts.

I understood nothing in Cloud Atlas, especially how they were all supposed to be connected. Goes from gay composer to evil Tom Hanks doctor to Korean food slaves to slavery to old Tom Hanks. I was like what

Yeah you really need to read the book before watching the movie, even then it's still a clusterfudge but I really enjoyed it

Yeah you really need to read the book before watching the movie, even then it's still a clusterfudge but I really enjoyed it

watched the movie and bought the book after, had absolutely no problems whatsoever

and compared to the book the movie is very clear, simple and streamlined :P

I usually get a lot of hate when I argue this but I honestly think the LoTR movies are better than the books. Mind you the books are superb, but some of the changes they made in the movies to add more effect, drama and emotion to some scenes were simply brilliant.

I usually get a lot of hate when I argue this but I honestly think the LoTR movies are better than the books. Mind you the books are superb, but some of the changes they made in the movies to add more effect, drama and emotion to some scenes were simply brilliant.

I don't think we should see each other any more