Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
b100d4ng3l

Account was essentially reset

Question

Hello, I have been gone from the rs community for a while. I usually log in every now and again to make sure my hard earned stuff is still there and all my levels are in order. logged in for the first time in years, and everything was gone. My levels got reset, all my items, including my pride and joy, my godsword, were gone. every last bit of it. completely empty bank, level one skills all across the board except health, which was at 10 for some reason. YEARS of time and effort I put into this game, not to mention the RL money that i put towards subscribtions. I was old school man, I ground for every gold piece I had, and made most of my gear myself until i got to a very high level. What the heck. I've heard of people coming back from way longer and having every last thing the way they left it. I would understand if I had been cleaned out by a hacker. I left the account alone for a while, it would be highly likely that it would get hacked and all my stuff would go bye bye. I was prepared for that eventuality. What I WAS upset about was that everything had been reset to day one noob status. Does anybody know if there is a snowballs chance of me at least getting my levels back? the game chat said i had a bunch of items and stuff to redeem from django, and a few other bits about welcoming me back after so long away. If nothing can be done just tell me now and i'll hang up my sword for good.

3 answers to this question

Are you logging into OSRS or RS3? Skills are automatically reset for OSRS but you should have your stuff on RS3 still.

Have to be honest, I don't think there is a possible way for this to happen by a hacker. Yeah, the items can be transferred off, but the levels can't be dropped. The only time I know levels are dropped are in macroing cases, and if it was to the extent of dropping everything to 1, then it would probably have been severe enough to be a permanent ban.

Perhaps you logged onto a different version of the game like Sobend said? That makes the most sense to me.

I had the same exact thing happen to me after logging in to RS3, so I logged into OSRS and nothing changed. Didn't really know what to do so I just decided to start over from scratch and I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit so that's not too bad of an option