Sal's RuneScape Forum
Big Black Spook

How many people here still actively play?

I usually play a couple hours a week afking at spiders while I study or something. I really don't have time to do anything more unless I'm on break from school, and I'm f2p so I don't feel the need play because I'm paying for it.

I'm also F2P and play very infrequently. Maybe once every couple month i'll get a small urge to play and put in a couple days time, but then I'll go without playing for another 1-3 months. I find it more fun when I set little goal for myself. So, the first one was to complete all quests, the second was to collect all phats, masks, and tradeable "rares", the third goal was zamorak armor. My current goal is 60 woodcutting, and my long-term goal is all trimmed armor sets.

So, at least I have a direction I'm moving in. It's a little strange though, it took me a lot of time to get enough money to buy my santa hat, but then just yesterday I logged on randomly and someone had dropped a whole bunch of rune scimmys on the ground and I ended up picking up 12 of them. Later that day a guy on twitch started handing out cash and I just so happened to get 400k. So, yeah, I almost feel like I should just stand in W1 and wait for free things than grind for cash skilling :P

I'm still quite active. I sink a few hours a day into it if I'm not doing anything else

I'm so active it took me nearly two months to reply to this..........

Since the summer ended I probably average a farm run or two per week and an occasional slayer assignment. I've been visiting Gielinor a little more often since Zeah came out. I'm not yet sure how much of that I am going to try.

I have zero motivation to even attempt to play again. There's nothing capable of making me want to give the game another go, at least that I can think of. The game itself isn't interesting enough to make me want to play, heck I've been so disinterested of games in general that I haven't even bought Fallout 4 yet. I've been tempted to but I'm always able to change my mind last second, which is really crazy taking into account how much I love Fallout. Just to give you an idea I bought Skyrim months and months before it's release, and was there watching the Steam countdown so I could install the game as soon as possible. I played the game on the day of release and was extremely disappointed to find out my laptop couldn't run it properly, so much I ended up buying a much better gaming laptop just so I could enjoy it and similar games to the fullest. And I don't like TES as much as I like Fallout.

I'm getting old that's what, my priorities seem to be finally changing and I can't enjoy games as much as I used to.

In RuneScape's case the game was never that interesting to begin with, most of the people I got along really well in the game and the Sal's community have quit or gone severely inactive so I don't even have that to keep me going. I had the clan community left, but the only clan I could see myself joining is closed and the core members moved to other games I have no interest in trying.

It's kinda sad, but it appears the RuneScape chapter of my life is really over. I've quit and went inactive many times during the 10+ years I played, and for the first time ever I feel I'm really done with the game.

I don't even check here often at all anymore.

If anyone reads this and wants to keep in contact feel free to add me on Steam, I don't use it that often but at least I'm more active there than here or RuneScape. Alternatively you can add me on Facebook, most of my best friends in the game already have.

Hello everyone, Remember me? 

I started playing Runescape in 2002 and I retired in 2015? Or there abouts. 

Which is along time, and it seems like a life time ago now. But I still think about the place fondly, and all the great times us Slammers used to have. 

What's great is, I'm still friends with some people who I used to play with back in the day, which is pretty cool. 

From Cabbage dropping in Fally, to all sorts of crazy adventures lol

I even was given a Runescape t-shirt for helping new players out in the game for ten years. 

Which was cool, and I still have it today. 

So, who remembers me.

I can only play so often, and with the frequency of updates each month it's hard to stay on top of all the skilling you need to do to meet high end level requirements, especially on a hardcore ironman. Things like ports, which you always make sure to do daily, really fly by when you're logging in to check on the week's update.