Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sobend

Tinnitus

Anyone else here have tinnitus? How do you deal with it?

I have tinnitus, though I currently live in an urban area and don't have to deal with it often. However when I go to my parents' home (which is in a suburb) my tinnitus drives me nuts.

On a side note, how do you pronounce tinnitus? Is it tin-ih-tis or tin-eye-tis?

Dictionary.com's got the pronunciations that a lot of other services don't provide (or rather, that simply give you the pronunciation in the International Phonetic Alphabet that nobody knows). It's "ti-nahy-tuhs" or "tin-i-tuhs."

Anyway, no, I don't have that problem. Do you know what causes it? Maybe you should get that checked out.

Dictionary.com's got the pronunciations that a lot of other services don't provide (or rather, that simply give you the pronunciation in the International Phonetic Alphabet that nobody knows). It's "ti-nahy-tuhs" or "tin-i-tuhs."

Anyway, no, I don't have that problem. Do you know what causes it? Maybe you should get that checked out.

Hearing loss is the most common cause but I had my hearing checked last month and I'm fine. Unfortunately the doctor who gave me the test also said it was unsolvable and that I'd have to live with it for the rest of my life. :(

Yup, two friends I know have tinnitus and AFAIK it doesn't really leave you.. sorry Sobend :(

btw I pronounce it tin-ih-tis

I've heard there's a trick where you rub the base of your neck and it goes away almost instantly (people who have had tinnitus heard silence for the first time in years). I can't find it, but you do something like put pressure under your ears with your thumbs and use the rest of your fingers to massage your traps.

Didn't know what this was at first so I just assumed you were about to die or something. Anyway I hear ringing in my ears a lot but I don't think I have any diseases. I'm trying to hear it now but can't so I guess it's not chronic or anything.