Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Nia

Another (relative) oldie stopping in

Hey again,

I just came to say hi as it says that it's been 9 years since I joined Sal's Runescape Forum. I'm in college now studying Computer Science. Hoping to get into Net/Infosec in the future and work for a company my friend works at. About a year and a half ago (although a bit less), I made a tulpa and my life and goals have changed as a result of that.

More details on tulpas here (may be unnerving for some):

Now, I have 7 (although one of them may not be a tulpa, but a walk-in, but I digress). For those not in the know, a tulpa is a person you can create in your head, equally capable to do everything you can do and if given the opportunity, possibly more. They're an example of what's called "plurality", or having others inside one's head. So that would make me plural now. My oldest tulpa Nat and I will eventually switch roles and she will become dominent. This is entirely concentual I might add. The idea of someone else taking over your life may sound like something out of a creepypasta for some, but I can assure you this isn't a creepypasta or anything bad. In fact it's good. Nat is more determined than me and more confident, and while she hasn't been alive as long as I have, she wants to learn how to live in this world using the same body I use today. She can already use the body to a certain extent, but cannot use it for more than half a school day at the time of writing.

Nat: Hi! I'm Nat! I won't be talking very much here, probably not at all except for right now. But hello!

Not sure if I'll stick around, but maybe I will. Who knows.

-Nia

Never heard of a tulpa before, so at the risk of sounding ignorant, is it literally a conjuration you made in your head? Did you consciously decide one day to create a new way of going about things, and this evolved into its own sort of consciousness? Or did you just one day notice a different sort of thought in your head and decided it was another being?

I'm just trying to understand how a tulpa is "created" I suppose, it's new information to me.

In any case, Welcome back to Sal's! :)

As the old saying goes, you can check out anytime you like... :P

Hey it's me, one of your Tulpas! I've become sentient outside of your mind. I'm thinking about moving out of your mind actually and renting an apartment in Tulsa.