Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pixel Bunnie

Returning to Runescape

Question

It's been almost a decade since I have played RS seriously and I haven't played at all in the last 6 years but I have been feeling nostalgic recently. I need to make money on RS3 before I do anything else, since I have been so out of the loop, can anyone tell me how to make money with 85 Herblore and 85 Farming. I would really appreciate some help! Thanks :)

7 answers to this question

Farming is generally a net drain in cash.

For herblore cleaning herbs and making unfinished potions (herb+vial of water) should make you money. These aren't great methods for training herblore by the way, just will get you money.

You may also want to look into combat because combat, for better or worse, is often the best way to get money in RS3. Even something simple like slayer training can earn you a fair amount of cash.

Edited by Sobend

OK, well that's consistent with other advice I've been given. i won't be playing more than a few hours a week so I want something efficient. It's unbelievable how much everything has come down on the GE. I suppose that's expected after a 7 year hiatus.

Similar to you, I took a long break from RS and returned at the end of 2014 for Oldschool Runescape. If you don't like what RS3 has become, consider it. :) The community is actually very strong and there's an amazing bunch of developers too.

Yeah a lot of things that were crazy expensive 10 years ago are cheap now due to changes in game mechanics and better items. I don't think either herblore or farming are great money in rs3 so I would try something else.

In terms of Farming, if you stick to just Herb runs you can profit. Personally I'm using Toadflax, but since herb seeds are so cheap now just about every herb can help you profit. Before your herb runs, by a few "Juju Farming Potion" s from the G.E, they may seem expensive upfront but you only need use one dose per lap and you'll earn 33% more herbs per run.

Similar to you, I took a long break from RS and returned at the end of 2014 for Oldschool Runescape. If you don't like what RS3 has become, consider it. :) The community is actually very strong and there's an amazing bunch of developers too.

I did consider it but since I can only commit to very few hours per week, I don't want to start from the beginning. If that wasn't the case, then I would most certainly play OSRS but I just don't have the time to commit to building up another account.

Surprisingly, I've met a few other players in my situation in the game and have managed to join a clan, so although the community is very different, I haven't had issues with getting help in the game so far.

Thank you for your suggestion though. :)

In terms of Farming, if you stick to just Herb runs you can profit. Personally I'm using Toadflax, but since herb seeds are so cheap now just about every herb can help you profit. Before your herb runs, by a few "Juju Farming Potion" s from the G.E, they may seem expensive upfront but you only need use one dose per lap and you'll earn 33% more herbs per run.

That potion must be after my time, but it sounds very useful. This is the sort of advice I'm looking for, thanks! :)

Damn completely forgot herb runs. Am idiot.