Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Iownu10707

Banned 5 times in the same day for the same offence?

Question

So I have been a long time Runescape player, at the time of this incident I had just crossed the 5 year mark, and i have run into a problem. To start off, a little bit before the banning actually happened, i had gotten hacked and all of my bank cleared out ext ext, nothing really new there. I reported it to Jagex and they said that there was nothing they could do about it, which I understand. The thing that got me though, is that Jagex acknowledged the fact that my account was hacked and that a little bit later, banned me for macroing. Now I can understand there need to keep the game clean, but in my opinion, this is just the biggest slap to the face that I can get. Not only am I now the one who is getting punished, but the hackers that hacked me in the first place, have gotten off Scott free. If that wasnt bad enough, i look at my offences, and i have 5 offences for the same date and time, all lined up in a row with variable times ranging from permanent to a day or two. I would really like to know why this is and why i have the same offence on my account 5 times over. Also, i logged in several days later and noticed that all of the offences had been changed to the same time, permanent, why is that?? So basically, i am confused and frustrated. IO have never seen anything like this in my months of googling and trying to find someone in a similar situation but i cant find anything. So if someone has any insight or anything, that would be most appreciated. I also linked the picture of the offences below, just to show how confusing this all is.

Thank you!

Your account has the following offences recorded:
Date
Offence
Evidence
22-Sep-2015
Macroing Major (ban)
22-Sep-2015
Macroing Major (ban)
22-Sep-2015
Bot Busting Moderate (ban)
22-Sep-2015
Macroing Major (ban)
22-Sep-2015
Macroing Major (ban)

2 answers to this question

... enough, i look at my offences, and i have 5 offences for the same date and time, all lined up in a row with variable times ranging from permanent to a day or two. I would really like to know why this is and why i have the same offence on my account 5 times over. Also, i logged in several days later and noticed that all of the offences had been changed to the same time, permanent, why is that??

Basically the avatar had been botting obviously enough for 5 people probably including a/some mods to report it. Combined with the existing (?) hack report , when the offences were reviewed later they pushed to punishment to highest scale per report, despite it being apparently only one incident.

Have you changed your password, yet? Did you check your antivirus to see if you have a keylogger attached to your account or if a trojan got in before you changed your password? If you found something like that, take a screenshot of the report and submit it to Runescape. Otherwise, they will assume that you are the perpetrator or you were careless with your password. 

• Like 1