Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
-TiTaN2k4-

Kind of a bummer...

I was never very intelligent and that shows when you have people like Yuanrang, Pheonix Rider and Egghebrecht in here, but at the very least I was comedy gold for a few.

I've missed you, you brilliant emo kid you.

You taught me so much basic religion that you might actually qualify for my primary school teacher at this point. :xd:

It's been a pleasure being here and making memories with all of you.

There is something very final and upsetting saying that, uhh.... PLENTY MEMORIES STILL TO HAPPEN PEOPLE CMON.

Edited by Fatalysm

There is something very final and upsetting saying that, uhh.... PLENTY MEMORIES STILL TO HAPPEN PEOPLE CMON.

give me twelve more years and I got a piece of the new generation ready to get chewed up in the debate room ;)

ANNOUNCEMENT: In order to bolster forum activity, we have decided to ban contraceptives and abortions.

Sincerely,

The Moderator Team

ANNOUNCEMENT: In order to bolster forum activity, we have decided to ban contraceptives and abortions.

Sincerely,

The Moderator Team

MAKE SAL'S REALM GREAT AGAIN!!!

Sincerely,

The Moderator Team

One up the bum and you won't be a mum

Hiiiiiii

Sincerely,

The Moderator Team

P0rn forum pl0x

I remember being here probably a year after the move when I started playing Runescape under different accounts past like Tribal Dragon Boy and Osiris. Later creating this account and getting stung for having so many accounts!

I remember wanting to be like CookTheChef and Enigma because they were creating some of the best graphics I'd ever seen. It's probably thanks to this forum in particular that I even started doing graphic design and stuff like that. It was so good back in the day with people like Joe and Andyana, Kingy & Doom all really good with pixel art and drawing.

I remember trying so hard to become a distinguished member and eventually realising that my issue was that I was trying for this title. I used to pester everyone about it. I had a group of friends that consisted of people like Toungy, Evin, Lilshu, Morte. I remember the tech support group and getting on really well with Agent F and at one stage I decided that because I was good at photoshop I should try and steal some of Beret's thunder with faking.

I remember the many alterations to the website design and speaking with Sal and Neo about certain aspects of it. More recently I remember trying to get back in contact with Sal to re-do the website from the ground up and try to re-ignite some spark.

I remember having online girlfriends that didn't last long, Sarah and Pixel Bunny. Back when I was a teenager I was so emo and I thought that I was the coolest kid around. I loved being the head of the SalCast even though it was absolutely abysmal, I also loved being on the newspaper when that was running too. When things were bigger and the audience was here, I felt kind of important. Which as a kid, was extremely important for me.

I remember that I loved to make threads that would get stickied. It gave me some sense of pride that even though I'd blown my chance to be a dm, I could still be an integral part of the website/forum. I felt like helping out was giving me purpose and it made me look cool. If only I could tell myself how stupid I was being back then. Looking at myself now as a 24 year old I wouldn't change it...I'm half proud of what I've done here and have ashamed.

I remember the very first time I went into the debate room. I thought I was the most amazing kid out there and that I was pretty intelligent. When it came down to it, actually I knew very little and did not help myself because I would rarely fact check anything I said. In fact, most of my debates could have been better debated had I taken just 5 minutes to read it out. But little me was too busy thinking he was fantastic for any of that to be relevant.

Throughout my life I've had different things happen to me good and bad and the way I combatted a lot of those issues is through this forum. This place gave me a window to show some personality, it gave me friends and it gave me hope for the future. When I was diagnosed with severe anxiety and depression, this place was like my safe haven. On a smaller scale this is like the school playground, expect I could always mask my emotions. (Or at least try to)

The best parts of my time here have been helping others with graphic design, helping with the website and hopefully giving people great responses and topics to be a part of. I was never very intelligent and that shows when you have people like Yuanrang, Pheonix Rider and Egghebrecht in here, but at the very least I was comedy gold for a few.

Heh, I can relate to a lot of this.

I think essentially living here during my teenage years and a need for identity and some sort of belonging also contributed to my not so transparent attempts to become a distinguished member (I would spend days collecting information and pictures for the guide drives thinking it would increase my forum prestige, when I can honestly say I didn't care about helping the forum at all, it was more for me). It was a huge goal of mine for I guess what are really embarrassing and materialistic (?) reasons.

I remember talking to you on MSN (oh god!) about how you were discussing website alterations with Sal and would give me secret sneak previews which I though were amazingly cool. I also had fantasies about Pixel Bunnie and Sarah (I even remember dreaming about her, god I was lonely...). And I actually still have the file of my Salcast applicaion where my voice is horrifically high!

But despite all of these things that make me look back and cringe I still have great nostalgia for this place and hope it sticks around in some form so we can all remember the good ol' days.

I remember being here probably a year after the move when I started playing Runescape under different accounts past like Tribal Dragon Boy and Osiris. Later creating this account and getting stung for having so many accounts!

I remember wanting to be like CookTheChef and Enigma because they were creating some of the best graphics I'd ever seen. It's probably thanks to this forum in particular that I even started doing graphic design and stuff like that. It was so good back in the day with people like Joe and Andyana, Kingy & Doom all really good with pixel art and drawing.

I remember trying so hard to become a distinguished member and eventually realising that my issue was that I was trying for this title. I used to pester everyone about it. I had a group of friends that consisted of people like Toungy, Evin, Lilshu, Morte. I remember the tech support group and getting on really well with Agent F and at one stage I decided that because I was good at photoshop I should try and steal some of Beret's thunder with faking.

I remember the many alterations to the website design and speaking with Sal and Neo about certain aspects of it. More recently I remember trying to get back in contact with Sal to re-do the website from the ground up and try to re-ignite some spark.

I remember having online girlfriends that didn't last long, Sarah and Pixel Bunny. Back when I was a teenager I was so emo and I thought that I was the coolest kid around. I loved being the head of the SalCast even though it was absolutely abysmal, I also loved being on the newspaper when that was running too. When things were bigger and the audience was here, I felt kind of important. Which as a kid, was extremely important for me.

I remember that I loved to make threads that would get stickied. It gave me some sense of pride that even though I'd blown my chance to be a dm, I could still be an integral part of the website/forum. I felt like helping out was giving me purpose and it made me look cool. If only I could tell myself how stupid I was being back then. Looking at myself now as a 24 year old I wouldn't change it...I'm half proud of what I've done here and have ashamed.

I remember the very first time I went into the debate room. I thought I was the most amazing kid out there and that I was pretty intelligent. When it came down to it, actually I knew very little and did not help myself because I would rarely fact check anything I said. In fact, most of my debates could have been better debated had I taken just 5 minutes to read it out. But little me was too busy thinking he was fantastic for any of that to be relevant.

Throughout my life I've had different things happen to me good and bad and the way I combatted a lot of those issues is through this forum. This place gave me a window to show some personality, it gave me friends and it gave me hope for the future. When I was diagnosed with severe anxiety and depression, this place was like my safe haven. On a smaller scale this is like the school playground, expect I could always mask my emotions. (Or at least try to)

The best parts of my time here have been helping others with graphic design, helping with the website and hopefully giving people great responses and topics to be a part of. I was never very intelligent and that shows when you have people like Yuanrang, Pheonix Rider and Egghebrecht in here, but at the very least I was comedy gold for a few.

Heh, I can relate to a lot of this.

I think essentially living here during my teenage years and a need for identity and some sort of belonging also contributed to my not so transparent attempts to become a distinguished member (I would spend days collecting information and pictures for the guide drives thinking it would increase my forum prestige, when I can honestly say I didn't care about helping the forum at all, it was more for me). It was a huge goal of mine for I guess what are really embarrassing and materialistic (?) reasons.

I remember talking to you on MSN (oh god!) about how you were discussing website alterations with Sal and would give me secret sneak previews which I though were amazingly cool. I also had fantasies about Pixel Bunnie and Sarah (I even remember dreaming about her, god I was lonely...). And I actually still have the file of my Salcast applicaion where my voice is horrifically high!

But despite all of these things that make me look back and cringe I still have great nostalgia for this place and hope it sticks around in some form so we can all remember the good ol' days.

I remember those days. It felt amazing for me to be in this 'power' position where I could show you stuff people had never seen before. So much stuff went down back in those days. The sad thing is, with all the information and everything I had on a lot of people, it was kind of good that I wasn't around Sals all the time. The people I manipulated on here I am so sorry to.

It's weird how the stupid stuff like this feels like your entire world when you're socially inept. Then feeling like you have any kind of power in a friendship dynamic really can mess things up. Even now with friends I regard myself above them. I do try to lower it down because nobody wants that kind of friend but honestly, the way I act now (whilst better) is still a reflection of my need to most likely feel self worth. If you go around being told you are nothing and a disappointment it tends to stick you know.

It's amazing with stuff like the salcast, I remember taking control and trying to make it perfect. But I don't remember any of the segments. I remember holding a scripted interview and I remember telling everyone to just go with the flow and be natural when the other guys did their podcast and everyone liked it more.

Hell there is about 300 posts of me in pics of yourself because I was a whore for a camera. I really wanted people to like me and call me cute. "Oh he is the little cute emo kid". It's really messed up and whilst I mostly have really cool fond memories here I know there are members here that probably think of me as dirt on the floor. Which is fine, because that's how I acted. I used to think it was hilarious to use l33t hax0r sp33ch and I was a cooooool kid.

It's worrying with my time here that because I got involved in projects and I felt like i knew the place inside out that I felt like i ran the show. I felt like this place was indebted to me. It was so alleviating to me when I did finally sort of just disappear and had room to grow up. I got out of college and suddenly realised that I'm not as great as I thought, the working world is harder than anything I knew and if I wanted to go into design, I had to be competitive with the million other goosedowns that think they are top shizzle.

I always think it's strange looking back on my past going under names like Osiris, Lord Pixma, Tribal Dragon Boy back in the early days because back then when all of this was new it was a whole realm of possibility. A way to invent myself again. That's why I had so many accounts. After tribal dragon boy I was like....eh I don't want that account that's the old me.... Then it was Osiris and I invented myself as a pixel artist and gfx person. I think I fell out with someone and that sparked off this account. I was reinventing to be an even better artist who was even more intelligent, meanwhile being incredibly stupid all the same.

If I could do it all again I would, but I'd love to skip the bs.

The main thing I take away from all of this is that you are only a few steps away from doing the wrong thing. Actions you take should be considered and never in the heat of the moment. I think as someone who tends to overthink everything it's important to stay grounded and try to see everything in a much simpler way, make a few assumptions that people don't see the world you initially see it.

I think it's far to easy to put yourself on a pedestal and that's not just true for me but many people. Hell if I told people at the the time on here who got stupidly excited when they got promotions and who had actually been working towards it, there would have been chaos. So many dm's and mods that got to that pedestal by being absolute slime is incredible. Not that it's even a pedestal, it's extra power on a forum.

But anyway, off to bed I go, hopefully I can actually sleep now, 2:30am, I'm far to old for this lifestyle 😂

Edited by Fatalysm

Hell there is about 300 posts of me in pics of yourself because I was a whore for a camera. I really wanted people to like me and call me cute. "Oh he is the little cute emo kid". It's really messed up and whilst I mostly have really cool fond memories here I know there are members here that probably think of me as dirt on the floor. Which is fine, because that's how I acted. I used to think it was hilarious to use l33t hax0r sp33ch and I was a cooooool kid.

Haha! There's a gratuitous amount of horrible 'emo' photos of me in there too. Luckily I think imageshack or photobucket or whatever the hell we used to use started recycling the links a while ago, so they'll be eventually washed away :biggrin:

Haha! There's a gratuitous amount of horrible 'emo' photos of me in there too. Luckily I think imageshack or photobucket or whatever the hell we used to use started recycling the links a while ago, so they'll be eventually washed away :biggrin:

I still get emails from my Photobucket, then I log into it to see all my 2000's pictures, and remember why I stopped using it.

Also ImageShack started giving pop-up malware at some point, that's when I switched to Imgur.

I check back here maybe once a year and it always makes me sad, this was the only guide site I used for so many years.

Shameless plug but a few of us are playing NationStates over at the region linked below. If you have a few minutes to kill each morning, why not set up an account and join us? Maybe say hello and stuff. I know it won't generate much activity but if anyone's interested....

https://www.nationstates.net/region=sals_realm_ii