Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
-TiTaN2k4-

Kind of a bummer...

Hey.

Was anybody else here before the forum move in '05?

it's pretty sad to see what's become of this community.

I mean... when this place was at it's peak it was a lot of fun to be around.

I check in ... maybe once a year and I'm actually amazed. There used to average like a thousand users online -- when I checked in today there were 0....

what happened?

Well I know my old crew all have families.

everybody send your well wishes to chris (1800) pretty sure he just got engaged to a cute asian chick lol.

Same with Mehar (aratreak) just had a kid.

hope everybody is doing well

I was here before the forum move in 2005! Forums as a whole are losing activity and we are no different.

Good to hear that 1800 and Aratreak are doing well.

All the kool kids were here in '08.

You know it hommie.

Most of the old timers would have well-established lives by now. I mean, it has been 12 years for most of us. :P

For anyone who wants a ton of nostalgia...

https://web.archive....eus.net/forums/

ZOMG! :blink:

there goes my productivity for the day

questing to retrieve the original "why rune rusts" topic

Oh man, I'd say that that topic was around before I even joined Sals, then looked and realised we joined within 4 days of each other :o

It's pretty cool when rifling through that archive site to randomly see a post you'd made that you'd totally forgotten about. SO much drama happened that I can't even remember!

It's weird that no data from 2010 was saved.

Oh man, I'd say that that topic was around before I even joined Sals, then looked and realised we joined within 4 days of each other :o

It's pretty cool when rifling through that archive site to randomly see a post you'd made that you'd totally forgotten about. SO much drama happened that I can't even remember!

sadly the site didn't archive the actual topics and the search engine isn't functional either so I can't find it :(

but I lolled a lot about the "sals chat" moderator rantign topics that could be found everywhere, same for the dramatized threads from people "leaving" sals

comedy gold XD

Edited by Egghebrecht

'08 represent :D

Love going through the Wayback and checking Screenshot Fakes. I'd guess 75% of my post count stems from there. I think we were one of the few forums who had that section, and if not ours was definitely the most bouncin'.

Love going through the Wayback and checking Screenshot Fakes. I'd guess 75% of my post count stems from there. I think we were one of the few forums who had that section, and if not ours was definitely the most bouncin'.

TBFL crew lit??

I can't seem to be able to find it

some threads have been archived, others haven't but the search engine doesn't work obviously

I know that the link to that topic was in my signature for as long as the topic existed so finding one of my posts from that era shoudl at least give us the URL of where to look

but so far I haven't found an original post of mine in archived fashion, not a current day rehash :/

so if you stumble on one of my posts in there with a rune stoned goblin signature with the link (rank anything other than retired mod woudl be an easy indication for this) give me a shout

I would love to find that original post of mine again

a same rewrite for the newspaper can be found through google here

TBFL crew lit??

Hahah you know it! My sig used to be filled with those faking advertisements and awards. Love it.

I can't seem to be able to find it

some threads have been archived, others haven't but the search engine doesn't work obviously

I know that the link to that topic was in my signature for as long as the topic existed so finding one of my posts from that era shoudl at least give us the URL of where to look

but so far I haven't found an original post of mine in archived fashion, not a current day rehash :/

so if you stumble on one of my posts in there with a rune stoned goblin signature with the link (rank anything other than retired mod woudl be an easy indication for this) give me a shout

I would love to find that original post of mine again

a same rewrite for the newspaper can be found through google here

Aw what, how dare they archive that legendary topic. Hopefully our overlords can pull some strings and dig it out of the post grave.

TBFL crew lit??

Hahah you know it! My sig used to be filled with those faking advertisements and awards. Love it.

Fakes were actually my favourite thing to look at back in the day. I always admired the high quality fakers, such talent. I remember Beret being one of the first amazing ones :P

TBFL crew lit??

Fakes were actually my favourite thing to look at back in the day. I always admired the high quality fakers, such talent. I remember Beret being one of the first amazing ones :P

Beret and Easl were the ones I remember being great initially. Then some guy called Joke who got himself banned quite quickly but gave some great content, and then WolfieMario.

I remember spending hours making them but they never compared. Still was a fun place to escape to after school :)

Edited by Chaoss

TBFL crew lit??

Beret and Easl were the ones I remember being great initially. Then some guy called Joke who got himself banned quite quickly but gave some great content, and then WolfieMario.

I remember spending hours making them but they never compared. Still was a fun place to escape to after school :)

Oh yes, I remember the timeline of fakers in the different generations. Also remember pixel art, that was the coolest thing, maybe second to fakes :P . There were heaps of templates you could copy and paste and customise your own pixel character, like dressing magnet Barbie on the fridge with different clothes. Where did the time go D:

TBFL crew lit??

Oh yes, I remember the timeline of fakers in the different generations. Also remember pixel art, that was the coolest thing, maybe second to fakes :P . There were heaps of templates you could copy and paste and customise your own pixel character, like dressing magnet Barbie on the fridge with different clothes. Where did the time go D:

Kingy was a legend there :)

The Bunny Kit!

Edited by Chaoss

@sofee, look at your own signature lmaoo. Sal's only blogger 4 years agoooo

@sofee, look at your own signature lmaoo. Sal's only blogger 4 years agoooo

My greatest achievement on Sal's :D

Edited by Sofee

I remember being here probably a year after the move when I started playing Runescape under different accounts past like Tribal Dragon Boy and Osiris. Later creating this account and getting stung for having so many accounts!

I remember wanting to be like CookTheChef and Enigma because they were creating some of the best graphics I'd ever seen. It's probably thanks to this forum in particular that I even started doing graphic design and stuff like that. It was so good back in the day with people like Joe and Andyana, Kingy & Doom all really good with pixel art and drawing.

I remember trying so hard to become a distinguished member and eventually realising that my issue was that I was trying for this title. I used to pester everyone about it. I had a group of friends that consisted of people like Toungy, Evin, Lilshu, Morte. I remember the tech support group and getting on really well with Agent F and at one stage I decided that because I was good at photoshop I should try and steal some of Beret's thunder with faking.

I remember the many alterations to the website design and speaking with Sal and Neo about certain aspects of it. More recently I remember trying to get back in contact with Sal to re-do the website from the ground up and try to re-ignite some spark.

I remember having online girlfriends that didn't last long, Sarah and Pixel Bunny. Back when I was a teenager I was so emo and I thought that I was the coolest kid around. I loved being the head of the SalCast even though it was absolutely abysmal, I also loved being on the newspaper when that was running too. When things were bigger and the audience was here, I felt kind of important. Which as a kid, was extremely important for me.

I remember that I loved to make threads that would get stickied. It gave me some sense of pride that even though I'd blown my chance to be a dm, I could still be an integral part of the website/forum. I felt like helping out was giving me purpose and it made me look cool. If only I could tell myself how stupid I was being back then. Looking at myself now as a 24 year old I wouldn't change it...I'm half proud of what I've done here and have ashamed.

I remember the very first time I went into the debate room. I thought I was the most amazing kid out there and that I was pretty intelligent. When it came down to it, actually I knew very little and did not help myself because I would rarely fact check anything I said. In fact, most of my debates could have been better debated had I taken just 5 minutes to read it out. But little me was too busy thinking he was fantastic for any of that to be relevant.

Throughout my life I've had different things happen to me good and bad and the way I combatted a lot of those issues is through this forum. This place gave me a window to show some personality, it gave me friends and it gave me hope for the future. When I was diagnosed with severe anxiety and depression, this place was like my safe haven. On a smaller scale this is like the school playground, expect I could always mask my emotions. (Or at least try to)

The best parts of my time here have been helping others with graphic design, helping with the website and hopefully giving people great responses and topics to be a part of. I was never very intelligent and that shows when you have people like Yuanrang, Pheonix Rider and Egghebrecht in here, but at the very least I was comedy gold for a few.

Edited by Fatalysm

I was never very intelligent and that shows when you have people like Yuanrang, Pheonix Rider and Egghebrecht in here, but at the very least I was comedy gold for a few.

:crying:

I've missed you, you brilliant emo kid you. :(

Since we're getting all sappy and emotional here, I'll here's my own sentimental ramblings - extra cheese.

I've missed this place so much. It's like life just wizzed by and suddenly, you realize that you haven't logged on to Runescae for 2 years and that it's been months since you've posted on Sal''s. I used to scoff and those who suddenly leave and say 'uni' as their only excuse but now I get it. Uni changes you and your priorities. It takes up so much of your time and energy. You meet new people, form new interests and soon, you've forgotten about Runescape. Being in Medical school made that transition even quicker for me.

This place was my sanctuary and safe place during highschool. I was bullied and was never really that popular back then. This placed gave me the space and tools needed to boost my confidence and sharpen my intellect and views of the world.I would be a totally different person today if it weren't for the amazing people I've met here who opened my eyes and allowed me to experience so many different viewpoints and perceptions of life. I wouldn't be as interested in nerdy stuff like history and politics, I wouldn't have been able to form well-reasoned out wordviews and articulate them to others. Hell, i would prolly just be a sad kid in his room.

It's the variety that I loved here. You had people like Morte, mormril, Neo, Dani, Egghe, Guitarguy, Jack-Nicholson, Pixel Bunny, Fatalysm, lilshu, reep, Finway, Adam? to name but a few. So many different lives and ideas and I got to experience a small part of them. In exchange, I got to share some of my own story with them.

I fondly remember laughing with Whiskas, Tabt, Merch and reep about gaming and European culture on a private skype chat they had. I remember getting into long discussions about life and faith with Thomas Jefferson, John Adams and Fataysm on MSN chat. I remember the Christmas parties, me trying (and failing) to speak in l33tspeak, the treasure hunts and mafia games, the brony epidemic, the warnings I got from Dani and lilshu, me looking up to Emanick and fanboying over him as my rolemodel here, the pride I felt when I was made DM and made a cameo on Dragon Sal Z, I remember being in a fantasy role play with Aliath and those boys from NationStates. Oh and there was of course my first forays into the Debate Room when I was chewed alive by Vega and Jack-Nicholson.

I obviously can't list down everything but it was all simply amazing. I'm forever thankful for what this place has done for me. Even as the days of fansites come to an end, I will be a proud Slammer forever. Thank you so much guys. You changed my life. :ice:

Edited by Phoenix Rider