Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fatalysm

What's your game of the year?

As the title suggests, what is your game of the year for 2016?

I didn't have alot of time for gaming this year but I did dabble on the xbox and on steam a little bit.

Fallout 4 is up there, having said that, I didn't finish it and when I stopped playing is when I got bored. I played this fantastic game called Mini Metro which probably shouldn't be top of the list but it's fantastic. You get to create train lines and you're managing passengers!

We had some pretty heavy hitters this year but I never had the time to play. I'm very interested in following up dishonoured 2 and perhaps looking into watchdogs 2.

Interested to see if anyone's favourite game this year was Runescape :rofl: .

Uncharted 4 was probably the game I enjoyed most this year. Funny dialogue, okay gameplay, and A++ graphics. The villain was pretty bland though. In all, it was a very satisfying end to the series. I dunno, I feel like 2016 wasn't a very strong year in games compared to 2013/14/15.

Now to wait patiently until TLOU 2 comes out :P

Edited by Sofee

This has been my year of the least amount of video games played, going off my Steam hours for this year I'd chunk the GOTY into two categories. My laptop is also nearing 6 years old now without any upgrades, and it has Intel 3000 graphics so that automatically counts me out of most of the game's I'd love to play (Fallout, even skyrim, GTA, etc). In any case..

Terraria as GOTY for a long-distance relationship. Because she's not great at games but was able to learn Terraria pretty easily, and it's the sort of game you can play absentmindedly while you talk on Skype.

Farming Simulator 17 for my personal GOTY. Because it's a great stress reliever and sometimes you just have to drive a big tractor through a field.

I haven't acquired any "new" games this year, picked up a few classics on GOG when they were really cheap for nostalgia value, but tight budgets and common sense prevailed & i stopped investing in the part play/unfinished pile.

That said apart from RS i probably spent more time playing Fallout 4 than anything else, can still waste a day & not notice the hours tick away if itheres no interruptions. Bought the season pass when they were going cheap & still regretted it but glad i didn't fold early & pay full price.

I still want Dishonoured2 but i'll wait till it discounts a bit more in a couple of months.

Mine would either be Witcher 3 with DLCs or World of Warcraft: Legion. :P

XCOM 2 was a great strategy game. They really built on the previous game and added more variety to the gameplay.

XCOM 2 was a great strategy game. They really built on the previous game and added more variety to the gameplay.

I only finished it last week and managed to do so exactly like I did with it's predecessor

by triggering the big endboss fight with a mind controlled alien :P

I didn't even enter the final fight room with one of my units this time

snipers ftw!

To be honest out of all the big titles released this year I only bothered with Fallout 4, and haven't even completed it yet cus my laptop RP doesn't run it that smoothly.

It's a good game though, no doubt about that. Some massive gameplay improvements make it a solid and fun title. It has my vote.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.