Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Young Leo

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

I am so hype even though The Force Awakens really didn't live up to expectations. Let's hope we don't just get "The Empire Strikes Back 2: Electric boogaloo."

I am so hype even though The Force Awakens really didn't live up to expectations. Let's hope we don't just get "The Empire Strikes Back 2: Electric boogaloo."

I personally enjoyed The Force Awakens. It was Rouge One that pissed me off. Poor character development shouldn't be tolerated in a Star Wars film.

Edited by Phoenix Rider

I personally enjoyed The Force Awakens. It was Rouge One that pissed me off. Poor character development shouldn't be tolerated in a Star Wars film.

Out of sheer curiousity, how did The Force Awakens have better character development than Rogue One? :P

I'm a bit concerned that a new movie will just be like the old ones.  I'm not really sure how I feel when movies follow the plot (as The Force Awakens followed A New Hope) However, I'm a big fan and can't wait when it will be released in theaters :)

I think it will diverge significantly from the old trilogies; I thought TFA was alright but I don't blame them for wanting to start the new movie franchise on familiar ground to the fans.

If I remember it correctly, Carrie Fisher has already shot her scenes for this movie, right?

After watching the trailer, I can safely conclude that the Galaxy is doomed and the Sith will rule forever. Bow to our new Dark Lord of the Sith: Darth Fuzzywuzzy

tenor.gif

So, some initial thoughts:

So I liked the movie as a whole but if I could summarize it, it's like an RPG where the main quest is iffy but all the side quests are spectacular.

The Rey-Luke story where we find out what really happened at Luke's temple, Kylo and Rey's small talks, the lightsaber fight scene. The main story with the Resistance being chased at a 20 mph speed was a bit of a letdown - like 70% of the movie was based around that one cruiser. Also the Finn-Rose team would have been better as Finn-Poe which is strange that it wasn't since Episode 7 built up that friendship from the get-go.

/r/StarWars is going crazy too - someone on there posted that the long-term reaction to this will probably be the opposite of TFA - TFA was well-received at first but a month later everyone started criticizing it for being ANH v2. The opposite will probably happen with Last Jedi - once everything calms down there might be a greater appreciation for it.

Outside of the strange Resistance ship-politics and lack of Finn/Poe Dynamic Duo, I enjoyed Episode 8.

Rose Tico is my new favourite character! I am very excited to see her again in Episode IX. I know her presence displeased the Finn/Poe shippers, but Rose had good chemistry with Finn too. It was weird to realise Rey and Poe had never met onscreen before this movie.  I'm really curious what they're going to do without Carrie Fisher. Leia was right to smack Poe for his bad behaviour. Laura Dern did a really great job in her role too. 

I really enjoyed it. It has some of my favorite scenes in the saga. The stuff with Luke and Rey was great. I'm gonna go see it again in a couple weeks when it finally hits my local theater. 

Really excited to see what J.J. does with Episode 9, but I guess until then we have Solo to look forward to...