Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
khouji

Pet and Animal Thread

Okay, now it's the time for talking about animals, which can be really close to your heart (pets), but some of you can really afraid of them. Are there animals which you really are afraid of? Or is there something that you love? Do you have any pets? Want to tell us about it/them?

13 hours ago, khouji said:

Are there animals which you really are afraid of?

Humans.

I have three cats, Sherlock, Moriarty and Molly. They are absolutely adorable and awful at the same time. Sherlock is closest on the bed, he's doesn't leave my side. Moriarty is further on the bed, he loves attention when it's his turn, but stays mostly to himself and we have Molly who's just taken the household by storm. I'm considering asking her to pay the bills seeing as she likes to be the boss anyway.

I used to own a cornsnake and a ball python called Loki and Maverick but they have gone as the cats and snakes were not a fantastic mix.

I'm not really scared of animals, I'm scared of their owners. I have a healthy respect for wild animals and will keep my distance or avoid altogether.

I also own a pet shop. 

gLdj8h.png

xim0Ag.png

I have two fantastic gold fish. I don't have any pictures of them but if you google "goldfish pictures" you should get a pretty good idea.

22 hours ago, Fatalysm said:

I have three cats, Sherlock, Moriarty and Molly. They are absolutely adorable and awful at the same time. Sherlock is closest on the bed, he's doesn't leave my side. Moriarty is further on the bed, he loves attention when it's his turn, but stays mostly to himself and we have Molly who's just taken the household by storm. I'm considering asking her to pay the bills seeing as she likes to be the boss anyway.

I used to own a cornsnake and a ball python called Loki and Maverick but they have gone as the cats and snakes were not a fantastic mix.

I'm not really scared of animals, I'm scared of their owners. I have a healthy respect for wild animals and will keep my distance or avoid altogether.

I also own a pet shop. 

gLdj8h.png

xim0Ag.png

I do also have a cat and I'm thinking of giving her some toys because lately she's been playing with my slippers and other things at my home. Any suggestion for any cat toys?

14 hours ago, khouji said:

Any suggestion for any cat toys?

LASER POINTER.

3 hours ago, Guitarguy said:

LASER POINTER.

Laser pointer definitely. Any cardboard with rough edges to scratch. A scratch post and or a cat tree. Some feather boa type toy, mouse on a rope, couple balls, catnip?

To be honest, just get more than one cat because they can keep each other company. Also, cats get bored so quickly. Be prepared for a cat to not care about anything you buy them. Especially the expensive stuff.

Just update guys, I saw these different cat toys such as Roller Paw which is a fun and interactive toy that your cat will forever enjoy and this Flic N' Stick Wand, this wand in front of your cat will let them engage in the physical exercise they need as natural hunters. I think these kinds of cat toys are nice because it has different functions that will promote play, exercise, movement, and mental stimulation. What are your thoughts on these types of product? What do you think? Any suggestions?

I am an ardent lover of animals but there is this phobia I have for cats. This may sound weird but I'm still trying to figure out why it is so.

On 1/14/2018 at 7:40 PM, khouji said:

Just update guys, I saw these different cat toys such as Roller Paw which is a fun and interactive toy that your cat will forever enjoy and this Flic N' Stick Wand, this wand in front of your cat will let them engage in the physical exercise they need as natural hunters. I think these kinds of cat toys are nice because it has different functions that will promote play, exercise, movement, and mental stimulation. What are your thoughts on these types of product? What do you think? Any suggestions?

My suggestion is you stop advertising your dumb cat toys on community forums!

Anyway, I have two goldfish!

On 1/11/2018 at 8:21 PM, Guitarguy said:

Humans.

Hahahahahaha! :xd:

On 1/12/2018 at 2:28 AM, Sobend said:

I have two fantastic gold fish. I don't have any pictures of them but if you google "goldfish pictures" you should get a pretty good idea.

:xd::xd::xd:

20 hours ago, Matatala said:

I am an ardent lover of animals but there is this phobia I have for cats. This may sound weird but I'm still trying to figure out why it is so.

Likewise. Only I've an irrational fear of dogs. But only pet dogs and not strays. For some reason, I'm less inclined to be afraid of stray dogs because I know what to expect from their temperament towards me. If it's anybody's pet dog (regardless of breed) I find it difficult to trust that animal's instinct lest it misunderstand anything I'm feeling for it's human.

16 hours ago, Sobend said:

My suggestion is you stop advertising your dumb cat toys on community forums!

Anyway, I have two goldfish!

Hahahahaha! :xd:

I used to have a female dachshund (sausage dog), Candy, a long time ago before I developed cynophobia. I had her and a very beautiful male Siamese cat, Hero, too. Lost Candy to a selfish veterinarian who wouldn't return her to us after she broke her leg from a fall. Cheap vet knew how expensive Candy's breed was and kept giving us an excuse so we won't come by and collect her. A month of stalling and she completely disappeared on us (the vet). I just hope whoever she sold Candy to is taking good care of her. As for Hero, he grew up to being a healthy and territorial male cat and dominated the street we lived in and, more or less, just became an independent cat who don't need no man. :tongue:

But after those two, we changed houses and over the span of half a decade had close to 19 cats living with us simultaneously (and it all began with one horny, male Persian cat named Fatty). Fatty was an old cat when we got him from a friend so he lived his last handful of years with us and left a legacy that we had to slowly, but surely, give to other people who were willing to adopt them.

Then came Ginger, the closest thing to an animal companion I've ever had the pleasure of having. Also a Persian male, Ginger was less cat and more human when you looked into his eyes. He was well-mannered, civilised, loving, and very vocally responsive and emotionally empathetic. I've never met an animal (or even human being) like Ginger. Unfortunately, the girl who owned him asked for him back after two years because she had returned from university abroad and I was told to care for him while she was gone.

Currently pet-less. I'm thinking of getting myself a tortoise, a turtle, a tarantula, and a cat but I'm not sure if my folks would let me keep a spider. :slanty:

Sometimes in periods of war, wounded rescue dogs need to be put on ships and sailed back home. What do they do if the dog is terrified of water?