Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fatalysm

Spoiled

What was your inspiration for the idea? 

Also, out of sheer curiousity, why did you add those two prongs out of the skull (or whatever they are?) The way they interfere with the text irks me, but I am only speaking as a non-artistic person. Were they intended to be worms out of a skull, symbolising decay, or am I overthinking things? :P

That said, it certainly has potential as a concept. In a way, I like it, apart from some of those aestethical questions/points I mentioned.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Yuanrang said:

What was your inspiration for the idea? 

Also, out of sheer curiousity, why did you add those two prongs out of the skull (or whatever they are?) The way they interfere with the text irks me, but I am only speaking as a non-artistic person. Were they intended to be worms out of a skull, symbolising decay, or am I overthinking things? :P

That said, it certainly has potential as a concept. In a way, I like it, apart from some of those aestethical questions/points I mentioned.

I keep thinking about the fact that as far as I can tell there is nothing left after death. All we learn and do is for nothing at the end of it all. But I don't really mean that in a depressing way, more just an acknowledgment that every thing ends and no matter how good we get, death is the final chapter.

So the text is coming out of the head, or the mind. 

Coming from the skull you have ink/blood (i guess), spoiling the text.

The skull and the text look like it's in motion, to signify being rushed through life.

The skull has a line running along side it with the texture of diamonds. To signify our lust of material things and so show this image of perfection, when behind it is spoiled words and a decaying skull.

I was also making a bit of comparison with the skull and the text, the skull being organic and the text being very produced. With the organic spilling into the produced and distorting it.

The ramblings of a mad man i'm sure.

Edited by Fatalysm

Huh. I find that thought process to be rather interesting, because you see and think in ways that I am utterly incapable of. Most of your reasonings were ones that I would never be able to guess, but the way you explain them makes sense when comparing them with the art piece itself.

I would not call it madness in any shape or form, but it is very alien to me since that artistic aspect is very esoteric for me, as I cannot see any depth or allusions to that extent. My view of art tends to always be very straight-forward, mixed in with some impressions based on how I perceive it. That diamond reasoning is so utterly beyond my capabilities, it is hilarious.

Then again, you actually did make me sit down and think about the piece twice and actually study it, so in that regard, surely there were some value in producing it after all? If art fascinates someone, I would claim it was successful. :tongue: