Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Zooey

Sal's Shoddy Guestbook

31 minutes ago, im gona mill burray ur mom said:

wow this is VERY arty!

what is 'why they call it oven when you of in the cold food of out hot eat the food' from? lol

communal guestbooks are bound to be amazing looking (if you ignore the shizzlety parts!!)

that's fishee, it was a tweet he found lol

Edited by Zooey

Can you make a for dummies explanation of this? I want to take part but I'm also a dummy in a sense.

Edited by Magic of Woodcut

22 minutes ago, Magic of Woodcut said:

Can you make a for dummies explanation of this? I want to take part but I'm also a dummy in a sense.

Haha I'm pretty unclear in the topic; completely understandable! You can either:

• Edit the picture and put your text/font/color wherever you want and post it (preferably, telling me the name of said font.)
  • Tell me here where and what you want, specifying font/color if you care. If not I'll pick something random
    • e.g.: "I want '99 wc is king' in a medieval font in blue somewhere above 'Mr n3wb'"
    • e.g.: "I don't care what or where, just make sure it's bright, 90 degrees and has 'helo' in it"
    • e.g.: "'Give me life or give me death' in Helvetica, upside-down next to Fishee. And I want a Pikachu next to it."

It's worth noting some fonts just don't work with my code so I may end up having to swap it out or fix the print entirely (like Beret's font glyph file missed B, R, and S for some peculiar reason. I'm sure someone smart could explain this)

Edited by Zooey

Any font works for me, can mine say "The one, the only, Magic of Woodcut" with the woodcutting icon from old school runescape next to it. I tried to attach a picture with the indication of where I'd like that to be but it failed. Can you put that going upwards diagonally up there close to the title of the page sals guestbook guitarguy etc.

p.s. i don't know what type of files you're referring to, but corrupted files could be the cause of such incompatibility. i've had experience with corrupted files in the past; generally speaking they can render the entire program (whatever it may be) unusable. the corruption can vary from source to registry to basically anything accessible within the OS. it's a real pain. as far as mitigation/fixing it goes, not for me to say :slanty: 

Edited by Magic of Woodcut

7 hours ago, Magic of Woodcut said:

Any font works for me, can mine say "The one, the only, Magic of Woodcut" with the woodcutting icon from old school runescape next to it. I tried to attach a picture with the indication of where I'd like that to be but it failed. Can you put that going upwards diagonally up there close to the title of the page sals guestbook guitarguy etc.

p.s. i don't know what type of files you're referring to, but corrupted files could be the cause of such incompatibility. i've had experience with corrupted files in the past; generally speaking they can render the entire program (whatever it may be) unusable. the corruption can vary from source to registry to basically anything accessible within the OS. it's a real pain. as far as mitigation/fixing it goes, not for me to say :slanty: 

Ok - still working on code to print out images (I'm not sure if I should be aiming for the edges of images or somehow do some shaded-in kind of deal. The monkey of Redmonke's was a dingbat font, lol. I'll continue working on it; I attached an idea of what's going on, I'm printing points dependent on the brightness/green values at each pixel

IMG_0661.thumb.jpeg.18fa6d97025c0c8943572c77d3b6d095.jpegIMG_0660.thumb.jpeg.7a90307b7a3f4e2e592dc01d4642d653.jpeg

cool things

I think it really needs a drawing of an egg

since it's basically the same principle as engraving going for outline only is the easiest route and looks good

On 8/17/2019 at 12:51 PM, Egghebrecht said:

cool things

I think it really needs a drawing of an egg

since it's basically the same principle as engraving going for outline only is the easiest route and looks good

well, this has been done entirely with fonts, uh, so, you got an easter egg :band:

4 hours ago, Chaoss said:

Needs a Sal's Santa Hat somewhere now!

Put one in the center! Great idea.

@Magic of Woodcut so I partially gave up on drawing images and pulled a tree font, put a few around, hope that's okay :aware:

On 8/23/2019 at 1:05 PM, Sk8skull said:

Can you do one for me do like "Still here"- Sk8skull really cheesy font likecomic sans bold

Put you down in the bottom right with purple! :ice:

Ok, so, I doubt there's any remaining interest but if anyone wants to add anything more, I'm probably gonna copy it in and print out onto a larger piece of paper (maybe scale it down for more space?) but yeah. Seeing how bumping is not an issue with us remaining 5 members I'll keep all the code to add on stuff in 1000 years :aware:  

IMG_0955.thumb.jpeg.c5c17822f72b22abdbaab019abe34d32.jpeg

3 hours ago, Kemosabe said:

If you could find a space to print "Don't forget about Kemosabe" that'd be great.

It is done

IMG_0974.thumb.jpeg.ef29873ccb732e1703e161b7dbf3a4b4.jpeg

Edited by Zooey
  • Like 1