Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sageworth

Doric's tasks help

Question

I'm doing Doric's tasks, or attempting to. I need an iron full helm +1. I can make the helm, but I can't figure out how to make it +1. The RS Wiki says, "Add two iron bars to the iron full helm." That's all it says. Things I have already tried:

1..."Use" iron bar on iron full helm. Results: Nothing happens. Repeated this step twice with different iron bars. Same results.

2..."Use" iron full helm on anvil. Results: Makes another iron full helm, but not +1. Repeated a second time and resulted in another iron full helm. None of them are upgraded to +1.

3..."Use" iron full helm on furnace. Results: Makes another iron full helm, but not +1. Repeated this step with original helm with same results. Repeated with second helm made with same results.

I world hopped several times and asked at GE and the Lumbridge bank chest. No one seems to know. I asked my friends on the Friends List. They don't know either. I'm so frustrated, I'm considering not doing the tasks.

Can someone clue me in on how to do this?

3 answers to this question

I don't know if you are a new or returning player, but smithing was changed earlier this year. Essentially, you need to have an iron full helm in your bank and two iron bars. When you have those items, when you click on the anvil the iron full helm +1 option should appear in the smithing interface.

Actually, I'm both a returning player and a new player. I'm trying to learn RS3.

As I understand you, have an iron full helm and 2 iron bars in my inventory (backpack). Click on the anvil and the interface will show up to make a +1. Is that correct?

Yes. If you don't see it immediately, look around for it in the interface. The smithing interface is sort of complicated.