Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sofee

Let me post pls

I have so much content for the blog

I'm one of those who can't start new topics/post new entries. Help

So many things are broken but things have been getting fixed recently.  I alerted Sal.

• Thanks 1

On 5/27/2020 at 3:45 PM, Sofee said:

I have so much content for the blog

I'm one of those who can't start new topics/post new entries. Help

You've become such a boomer since we last saw you

• Haha 1

On 5/27/2020 at 4:43 PM, Sobend said:

So many things are broken but things have been getting fixed recently.  I alerted Sal.

Does this mean the whole website is going to be revived...? The real thing to do would be for Sal to repair the thing that stops you making edits, etc.; that way the site could work without Sal needing to be around 24/7...

27 minutes ago, NobleKorhedron said:

Does this mean the whole website is going to be revived...? The real thing to do would be for Sal to repair the thing that stops you making edits, etc.; that way the site could work without Sal needing to be around 24/7...

I can't speak for @Sobend or @Salmoneus, but I imagine that the site will likely never come back. I'm always interested in doing things for the site/forum but at the end of the day, what we have is an archive, a history of what was a huge fan site and forum. I know that Sobend puts effort in on his end which is commendable, but I can't see this place being revived. Fansites died to the wikis/reddit/discords. Forums have also slowed as a medium that people use, live updates and fast content has changed the way we use the internet.

The actual site CMS is accessible by @Sobend and others I am sure, but sadly from what I understand, it's largely outdated and isn't really fit for it's purpose. Besides all of that, the site and forums still belong to @Salmoneus and I don't think anyone really wants to move this site on without him. This site is what we know of him and has a whole community and history that all starts with him.

I think if you ever want to go ahead and do something, go out and make it. I personally created a website that was a similar idea called Realm Of Runescape but back then It was this idea that I could port the site into an upgraded wordpress cms and integrate everything there. But at the same time, it lacks the foresight that realistically, nobody wants another runescape fan site, so long as the wiki's survive. If you were to ever run a successful website, you need something the Wiki's and reddits don't have or you do it so much better that you can carve out an audience.

(Excuse the clickbait title :whistle:)

We're all old men and women here now, holding out as the last bastions of a time gone by.

Something really funny I just read, people are using the site as a guide for old-school runescape because the pages haven't been updated for such a long time. Tragic but also hilarious.