Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sobend

Opinions on Forums vs. Social Media

Forums have taken a big hit in the past ten+ years, and most of the reason why is because of the rise of "social media"--Facebook, Twitter, etc.  Have you acclimated yourself to these new platforms, and do you still prefer forums?

I know I might be preaching to the choir, but social media does not compare with forums.  Forums are easy to use and seem to bring like-minded people together. 

• Like 2

I generally avoid social media, I have an old Facebook account I log into a couple times a month and I have some familiarity with Reddit.  Personally I think it is easier to have complex discussions and be a part of a community on forums, though social media is superior for reading headlines and obtaining small bits of knowledge.  The atmosphere on those is pretty toxic as well, though that might be more a result of the times than the format.  I might just be an old-timer though.  I have heard people say that other forms of social media are superior to forums in every way.

I don't really like to sit on social networks, the maximum is to congratulate someone on the holiday, another thing is forums, here you can communicate with like-minded people on any topic, on one of these forums, I learned about a popular gaming site https://kevin.games/ where I now spend almost all my free time, there are many online games on various topics and the assortment is often updated.

Edited by SamuelRichards
misspelling