Jump to content
Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Zooey

Sal's Guestbook v2.0

Recommended Posts

bQhEvQE.jpg
Figure 1.1: Sal's Shoddy Guestbook v1

Trying this out, but larger and better this time. I have some 11x14" 90gram paper I've been practicing on.
I would love to (somehow) scan in a large version if it turns out and anyone is interested. (I have not done that before yet, no promises)
I have fond memories of looking at mine and saying "oh, wh-, @20000_Posts, @Beret?" at 6 in the morning

Post what you want added! Font, style, color, size, angle, anything.

You can clearly see the last effort was pretty off-the-cuff, so any of the following would be valid:

  • put my name in green font on the top left with a picture of a rune med
  • I want "Infinite Jest was actually written by @Kyo" in "Comic Sans" font somewhere
  • I want "Fred" in 48 cm font written with a blue glitter pen. Preferably with a 3D effect
  • Here is a 100x400 image I want on it somewhere :-)

@Doom @Fatalysm @Youhei

@Zazzy @Egghebrecht

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want "Adam?" in blue in the bottom right (not all the way in the corner just like around there). Size is to your discretion but Dwar's size is good. Below it in smaller text please say "Creator of Sal's#1 Anime!"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello! I remember Adam?, you must be an old battler like me!

I'm just posting here because it's one of the only threads with activity, but I randomly thought of runescape, and then that I thought I once wrote a guide about something that got published on the site. And I had a sleuth and its still there! 15 years later

BEHOLD: https://runescape.salmoneus.net/tips/wilderness-survival-guide.html#rune_rock_mining

Im sure its even more irrelevant than it was back then, but good on Sal for still paying the bill each month. Shame I cant even log in to my RS account anymore and no chance I care enough to follow that up :lol:

shout out to @Arianna  @Yuanrang  @Salmoneus  hello

edit- I just read that guide and christ I really knew my rune mining back then. great escape tips

Edited by yErrRokK
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, yErrRokK said:

hello! I remember Adam?, you must be an old battler like me!

I'm just posting here because it's one of the only threads with activity, but I randomly thought of runescape, and then that I thought I once wrote a guide about something that got published on the site. And I had a sleuth and its still there! 15 years later

BEHOLD: https://runescape.salmoneus.net/tips/wilderness-survival-guide.html#rune_rock_mining

Im sure its even more irrelevant than it was back then, but good on Sal for still paying the bill each month. Shame I cant even log in to my RS account anymore and no chance I care enough to follow that up :lol:

shout out to @Arianna  @Yuanrang  @Salmoneus  hello

edit- I just read that guide and christ I really knew my rune mining back then. great escape tips

I recognize the name! Hello! 

Maybe the guide is so outdated that it describes a strategy that's been lost to the ages 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, yErrRokK said:

shout out to @Arianna  @Yuanrang  @Salmoneus  hello

edit- I just read that guide and christ I really knew my rune mining back then. great escape tips

Damn, now that name is a blast from the past. It has been so long since I last saw you around, I would have imagined something would have killed you down in Aussie-land by now. Hi! :tongue: 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Yuanrang said:

Damn, now that name is a blast from the past. It has been so long since I last saw you around, I would have imagined something would have killed you down in Aussie-land by now. Hi! :tongue: 

 

 

Right? It's like, I remember you! ...from 16 years ago lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Synapsi said:

Right? It's like, I remember you! ...from 16 years ago lol

I am not sure what surprises me more. That I vividly remember people from that long ago, or the fact that it has actually been that long! :box: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Adam? said:

I want "Adam?" in blue in the bottom right (not all the way in the corner just like around there). Size is to your discretion but Dwar's size is good. Below it in smaller text please say "Creator of Sal's#1 Anime!"

I appreciate you contributing and tried to give you some 3D depth and a very classy newspaper font

 

9 hours ago, bros before hoes said:

“bros before hoes” with this emoji underneath :band:

this was fun but it made me think how do you classify emoticon yellow?? where can I purchase pens in `bbforum emoticon yellow` in current year??

 

4 hours ago, Inquisitribble said:

I want a 1"x1" square in the top left corner of the page in the first color you think of when you read this reply. 

inquis-reaction-sals-why-do-you-remove-all-unicode-or-interesting-characters-it-is-such-a-real-bummer-you-know.thumb.png.8599c31e9304bdee20db2d4ba48835b4.png 

I need to think about this, I have some ideas, but it needs to be very algorithm-y, tech-y like you

to everyone else posting here (yes you Yuan and Vog, truly incorrigible) I'm totally going to put your name somewhere creatively, unless you don't want me to :-) @yErrRokK There's no chance you still have that avatar of the boxing kangaroo do you? (I want to say that was you, but I was 12??)
 

I'm saving all the drawing operations and positions, so if I screw something up (majorly) or finally buy decent paper, it's reproducible :pirate:
as a side note here, I'll try and size everything down as small as possible, I'd hate to be costing Sal any additional hosting fees (but can't seem to embed external images very well?)

002-progress.thumb.jpg.341f0a4fa788c1f6d8ed57e25536a288.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Zooey said:

I appreciate you contributing and tried to give you some 3D depth and a very classy newspaper font

 

this was fun but it made me think how do you classify emoticon yellow?? where can I purchase pens in `bbforum emoticon yellow` in current year??

 

inquis-reaction-sals-why-do-you-remove-all-unicode-or-interesting-characters-it-is-such-a-real-bummer-you-know.thumb.png.8599c31e9304bdee20db2d4ba48835b4.png 

I need to think about this, I have some ideas, but it needs to be very algorithm-y, tech-y like you

to everyone else posting here (yes you Yuan and Vog, truly incorrigible) I'm totally going to put your name somewhere creatively, unless you don't want me to :-) @yErrRokK There's no chance you still have that avatar of the boxing kangaroo do you? (I want to say that was you, but I was 12??)
 

I'm saving all the drawing operations and positions, so if I screw something up (majorly) or finally buy decent paper, it's reproducible :pirate:
as a side note here, I'll try and size everything down as small as possible, I'd hate to be costing Sal any additional hosting fees (but can't seem to embed external images very well?)

002-progress.thumb.jpg.341f0a4fa788c1f6d8ed57e25536a288.jpg

Sick. Bravo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Fatalysm said:

I'd love to have my name somewhere, perhaps something like this in green/lime green

0ayzdkU.png

 

Dude, this is awesome, can't wait to plot it, lime green center with a dark stroke or drop shadow? - any chance you have a higher res? If not, I can use it somewhat decently, I'm just translating image->path that a machine does XY coordinates for. So it's like a pretty bad selection-to-path from photoshop, pretty much. I'm trying to actually learn illustrator, I'm hoping its path export is better (Photoshop's SVG export turns out to be awful?)

@Inquisitribble Breaking out my ruler and going "why do I need to translate all my generative stuff to imperial???"

lYrmUcQ.jpg
^ why does this not attach?
^^ okay, I had to "edit" the post, now it embeds??

Edited by Zooey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is really cool! It reminds me of the time we used to do graphic worms.

I have no idea how I would sign it though. :sad:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ambo100 said:

This is really cool! It reminds me of the time we used to do graphic worms.

I have no idea how I would sign it though. :sad:

 

Luckily Zooey takes great artistic liberties like with mine lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2022 at 1:49 AM, Zooey said:
On 2/20/2022 at 1:49 AM, Zooey said:

Dude, this is awesome, can't wait to plot it, lime green center with a dark stroke or drop shadow? - any chance you have a higher res? If not, I can use it somewhat decently, I'm just translating image->path that a machine does XY coordinates for. So it's like a pretty bad selection-to-path from photoshop, pretty much. I'm trying to actually learn illustrator, I'm hoping its path export is better (Photoshop's SVG export turns out to be awful?)

@Inquisitribble Breaking out my ruler and going "why do I need to translate all my generative stuff to imperial???"


^ why does this not attach?
^^ okay, I had to "edit" the post, now it embeds??

Whatever you feel like! Go crazy!

lax2yxw.png

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Zooey!!

Okay so I'm thinking like, "heb0" in a bold but tasteful old english font, and then behind that it has cannons with fireballs shooting out of them which are gradually morphing into a dragon on one side and a eagle on the other. and the eagle is holding satan in his (eagle is male) claws and satan has a tattoo on his arm that says "article I, section II, clause III" and on the other side the dragon is looking into a mirror but instead of his reflection staring back at him it's jerome powell except it's not, i mean like it's him but he looks different you know? and he has a speech bubble above his head but you can't make out what it says. And at the edges of the flames they're slowly turning into rain but you get the sense they're actually tears which are raining down on a endless plain of fertile soil, which a lifelike version of my osrs character is digging in. And next to him it says "74 farming, 68 herblore, 103 combat, 1640 total level" in a vibrant font so it stands out. I would like it limited to 40x40 pixels so that it doesn't take up so much room, though.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, heb0 said:

Hi Zooey!!

Okay so I'm thinking like, "heb0" in a bold but tasteful old english font, and then behind that it has cannons with fireballs shooting out of them which are gradually morphing into a dragon on one side and a eagle on the other. and the eagle is holding satan in his (eagle is male) claws and satan has a tattoo on his arm that says "article I, section II, clause III" and on the other side the dragon is looking into a mirror but instead of his reflection staring back at him it's jerome powell except it's not, i mean like it's him but he looks different you know? and he has a speech bubble above his head but you can't make out what it says. And at the edges of the flames they're slowly turning into rain but you get the sense they're actually tears which are raining down on a endless plain of fertile soil, which a lifelike version of my osrs character is digging in. And next to him it says "74 farming, 68 herblore, 103 combat, 1640 total level" in a vibrant font so it stands out. I would like it limited to 40x40 pixels so that it doesn't take up so much room, though.

i love you

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the only one I have saved. @Adam? might have a cleaner one. But I'd like my Rukia figure with "Morte" somewhere that makes sense.

av-426.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Zooey!

 

I would like Leo Crimson in orange coloured font (just the regular shade of orange is fine). That's about the only criteria I would have, feel free to do whatever style or design you want with mine :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had to make some slight changes but basically the same as my original idea. Probably only visible to morally superior non-night mode users.

rhHrJCb.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dang memories

 

I vaguely remember making something for this before

 

must now add:

Egghebrecht
The Unpronounceable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2022 at 1:15 PM, Morte said:

This is the only one I have saved. @Adam? might have a cleaner one. But I'd like my Rukia figure with "Morte" somewhere that makes sense.

av-426.jpg

I don't have any of the original GIMP files anymore so its pretty similar unless you want the one that isn't a meme. Looking at the page reminded me of this peak humor tho.

fo3Z8m1.png

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Adam? said:

I don't have any of the original GIMP files anymore so its pretty similar unless you want the one that isn't a meme. Looking at the page reminded me of this peak humor tho.

fo3Z8m1.png

I need the whole page pls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Morte said:

I need the whole page pls

cJzFA8J.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.