Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bros before hoes

Podcasts

I like The Ezra Klein Show what about you my friend 

9 hours ago, bros before hoes said:

I like the Monday Morning podcast with Bill Burr. Most of my regular podcasts are sports or comedy related. 

My issue with sports podcasts is that the only sport I can discuss confidently is basketball. And I'm not as interested in sports punditry as I am in seeing plays broken down and more strategic discussions, which is why I like Thinking Basketball and Bball breakdown on YouTube. Are there any good basketball ones you think I'd like?

I listen to a lot of political / world events podcast as well as a few history ones. I finished The History of Rome last year and I'm currently working through its spiritual successor, The History of Byzantium.

I used to listen to NPR's Radiolab but fell off when Jad Abumrad and Robert Krulwich left.

Occasionally I'll hop into UK Youtuber podcasts, Sidecast, Happy Hour, What's Good, The Fellas etc.

On 2/24/2022 at 5:22 AM, Adam? said:

My issue with sports podcasts is that the only sport I can discuss confidently is basketball. And I'm not as interested in sports punditry as I am in seeing plays broken down and more strategic discussions, which is why I like Thinking Basketball and Bball breakdown on YouTube. Are there any good basketball ones you think I'd like?

I listen to a lot of political / world events podcast as well as a few history ones. I finished The History of Rome last year and I'm currently working through its spiritual successor, The History of Byzantium.

Check out the Lowe Post podcast. Zach Lowe is one of the best NBA guys. His show isn’t the boring hot take stuff you see from regular ESPN content. He actually dissects the game. One of my favorite podcasts. 

When do you guys listen? I find podcasts require a fair amount of attention compared to just turning on a playlist and (doing whatever)

But if you're driving or something, makes sense. @Fatalysm Do you have any favorite Radiolabs you remember? I've got a flight tomorrow

19 minutes ago, Zooey said:

When do you guys listen? I find podcasts require a fair amount of attention compared to just turning on a playlist and (doing whatever)

But if you're driving or something, makes sense. @Fatalysm Do you have any favorite Radiolabs you remember? I've got a flight tomorrow

I walk to work almost every day and it's 1.5 miles. Very good podcast time

7 hours ago, Zooey said:

The screwjob, colours, playing god, the buried bodies case. I remember listening to stochasticity and loving it. On the edge, I solidly remember loving that one. The living room, the ice cold case.

So many there, I'm guessing I stopped watching in 2017.

17 hours ago, Zooey said:

Driving, at work, at the gym, when I cook

History of Rome is a great podcast, he's done a couple good ones and wrote a book about Lafayette which is on my to-read shelf. 

Besides that I listen to a couple astronomy podcasts and Wheel of Time podcasts.