Sal's RuneScape Forum
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Does reversing abortion laws give all non-white Americans a better socio-economic demographic position?

14 minutes ago, Micael Fatia said:

It doesn't make any more acceptable, but it creates a distinction between "evil for the sake of being evil" and "evil because this person's life circumstances ruined them to the point their evil is the consequence of something that could've been prevented in different circumstances".

Well, but that just boils down to what can be constituted as "evil". I think it is safe to say that there are very few actions done, simply to be evil. There is almost always a reason why someone does what they do, even for the sociopathic serial killers that does the most bestial killings. Evil is a term that is extremely hard to use, because there is always going to be many interpretations on what that constitute, even if we might all share a singular definition. :tongue: 

Oh so the prevailing theory is that the account is an alt, still? :laugh:
Good lord I'm beginning to recall some the juicy drama that had been buried in the depths of my mind. Vera I think was "her" name hahaha.

We never managed to find any evidence for or against, but the indications were pointing to "alt account", yeah. :tongue: 

It is funny, the more you end up thinking about the past, you end up coming up with the weirdest memories from "back then". :xd: 

25 minutes ago, Micael Fatia said:

Good lord I'm beginning to recall some the juicy drama that had been buried in the depths of my mind. Vera I think was "her" name hahaha.

Yeah it was a Co-Z troll account that got pretty embedded into the community.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Adam? said:

Yeah it was a Co-Z troll account that got pretty embedded into the community.

I never actually got to interact with it seeing as we frequented vastly different groups. I was mostly a RuneScape nerd delving within the satanic PvP and clan boards, and Co-Z's troll persona seemed to be mainly real life based. There were some odd things, but I wasn't paying attention enough to have figured out anything and even if I had been paying attention maybe I would've still failed to see through it. Was quite funny to follow the aftermath though. :tongue:

17 minutes ago, Yuanrang said:

Well, but that just boils down to what can be constituted as "evil". I think it is safe to say that there are very few actions done, simply to be evil. There is almost always a reason why someone does what they do, even for the sociopathic serial killers that does the most bestial killings. Evil is a term that is extremely hard to use, because there is always going to be many interpretations on what that constitute, even if we might all share a singular definition. :tongue: 

It's a bit of a broad definition, open to interpretation. But evil is evil, regardless of what caused it. Even if the person commiting them isn't 'evil' per strict definition, any acts they make to purposely harm another person are still evil acts.
Is Mitch McConell an entirely evil and monstrous being? Probably not, but many of things he's done certainly come close to be qualified as such.

Edited by Micael Fatia

1 hour ago, Yuanrang said:

He is gone forever, but I imagine his actual main account will be around at some point in some manner. :tongue: 

Gone, but not forgotten.  If he is an alt account then he really was dedicated to the bit.  He posted the same exact posts on other forums that had nothing to do with RuneScape. 

5 hours ago, Gnostic Christian Bishop said:

“Censorship reflects a society’s lack of confidence. It is the landmark of an authoritarian regime...”

~ Justice Potter Stewart

You must need a life.

Keep busy any way you like.

Regards

DL

As rude and stupid as that was, it was the funniest thing you've ever said and to your own detriment. Then signing off politely with regards, dl. That was top tier. I can picture @Yuanrang laughing as he read that, pulling the planks from the floor and uncovering the ban hammer like he's Kratos.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bros before hoes said:

Gone, but not forgotten.  If he is an alt account then he really was dedicated to the bit.  He posted the same exact posts on other forums that had nothing to do with RuneScape. 

I'm not saying you're wrong, especially because I know nothing of this person other than the topics he writes here and I probably dealt with him far less than all of you, but if they were a troll account he wouldn't be the first to be that dedicated to the point of creating a back-story/back-ground of sorts to play as some sort of troll get-out-of-jail card.
With all due respect towards Benn0 - with whom I've long ago made peace with and have seen grown as a person - back in his troll days he was truly dedicated; and we can argue that Co-Z's Vera was also an inspired and dedicated troll. These are two examples that immediately come to mind, and both happened not only in RuneScape but in this very same community. I know of others too in the community who hid a lot about themselves, including creating entirely fake personas, name(s), gender and entire fictional lives. In a matter of fact I spent quite a lot of time dealing with one, while I myself also played a role in a succesful attempt to unmask the person. So I know how far people can go when doing things like these.
They wouldn't be the first, nor the last. :tongue:

Edited by Micael Fatia

It's a bit of a broad definition, open to interpretation. But evil is evil, regardless of what caused it. Even if the person commiting them isn't 'evil' per strict definition, any acts they make to purposely harm another person are still evil acts.
Is Mitch McConell an entirely evil and monstrous being? Probably not, but many of things he's done certainly come close to be qualified as such.

Ah, but see, often what is evil, depend on what viewpoints you have in life, and a given situation. You mention acts done with purpose to harm another human being, as your definition of evil. What about harming someone in a home invasion? What about defending your country during an act of war? I am sure if we spend the time on it, I think we can come up with hundreds of examples where we disagree, and even if you and I disagreed, that would not mean someone from a different culture or continent would agree.

The statement "evil is evil" is a highly individualized one, because what is evil to you, is not necessarily evil to me, and vice versa.

1 hour ago, Fatalysm said:

As rude and stupid as that was, it was the funniest thing you've ever said and to your own detriment. Then signing off politely with regards, dl. That was top tier. I can picture @Yuanrang laughing as he read that, pulling the planks from the floor and uncovering the ban hammer like he's Kratos.

Actually, when I read the part about authoritative regimes, I was thinking that this place is not a democracy, and then I remembered this particular scene: 

Yes Minister: A British Democracy

If anything, I was thinking "Oh well, I tried. :facepalm: ". :tongue: 

I mean... he is not the only one that has gone the distance, but yeah, when Adam? told me that recently, I was surprised too. However, judging by those forums, he was obviously just doing it to make people angry and sow controversy, so I guess that is how they got their kicks in life? :unsure: 

What genuinely surprised me was that, after every suspension he received, he would log in almost like clockwork when the suspension was automatically lifted. There were quite some dedication coming from that account.

I will be honest and say I would prefer to not have banned him, but there are some lines I have to draw, and civility is one of them. Let us just say that the way he eventually reached +8 was a very long road of being malicious towards others, so... while his content spawns some attention, it sadly just..also annoy people. I would rather have people be on the forum and be happy enough to keep logging in, rather than get annoyed, log off and forget the place for a year or five. :tongue: 

2 minutes ago, Yuanrang said:

I will be honest and say I would prefer to not have banned him, but there are some lines I have to draw, and civility is one of them. Let us just say that the way he eventually reached +8 was a very long road of being malicious towards others, so... while his content spawns some attention, it sadly just..also annoy people. I would rather have people be on the forum and be happy enough to keep logging in, rather than get annoyed, log off and forget the place for a year or five. :tongue: 

He's banned on like half of the other forums so I think that's his end game.

also trol lower than dirt

14 minutes ago, Yuanrang said:

Ah, but see, often what is evil, depend on what viewpoints you have in life, and a given situation. You mention acts done with purpose to harm another human being, as your definition of evil. What about harming someone in a home invasion? What about defending your country during an act of war? I am sure if we spend the time on it, I think we can come up with hundreds of examples where we disagree, and even if you and I disagreed, that would not mean someone from a different culture or continent would agree.

The statement "evil is evil" is a highly individualized one, because what is evil to you, is not necessarily evil to me, and vice versa.

While that's undoubtedly true, a basic definition of 'evil' still does exist and isn't bound by the rules of individual opinion. Anything that purposely infringes on one's basic human rights, the right to existence or individualism is evil, if done by no other reason but dominate, control, humilliate or eliminate.
You're not wrong when you say there's probably hundreds of examples where we'd disagree (although I doubt it, we're a lot alike :tongue:), but there will always exist very basic guidelines that separate evil from anything not... entirely evil.

14 hours ago, Micael Fatia said:

While that's undoubtedly true, a basic definition of 'evil' still does exist and isn't bound by the rules of individual opinion. Anything that purposely infringes on one's basic human rights, the right to existence or individualism is evil, if done by no other reason but dominate, control, humilliate or eliminate.
You're not wrong when you say there's probably hundreds of examples where we'd disagree (although I doubt it, we're a lot alike :tongue:), but there will always exist very basic guidelines that separate evil from anything not... entirely evil.

I mean, I must admit, I am not entirely wrong with the argument you make about infringement towards basic human rights, but.. I think it is safe to say that the debate on what is, or is not, an infringement of human rights is a whole different hornet's nest to stir. :xd: 

I think my basic stance on this is that, yes, there are some very basic guidelines on how to clearly separate "evil" from anything not... entirely evil, as you say. However, and here I think is where I disagree with you, the definition of where those guidelines end are so thoroughly unique to an individual, a society, a culture or a religion, that defining "evil" becomes impossible. There is a reason why this is a whole field of philosophical debate, simply because breaking it down into simple definitions such as "Good" and "Evil" is nigh impossible. :tongue: