Sal's RuneScape Forum
Matthew

Official Wow Thread

Trying to ge tback into wow, thank goodness for patch 2.x to 2.4 :)

So what major new features have i missed?

I stopped at Patch 2.1.1

Lots of stuff.

ZA, Isle of Quel'danas, lock nerfs, and more.

I should renew my subscription.. PvE seems a lot of fun now (haven't been in a instance since 2.3). PvP got pretty darn boring.

Pvp gets old, fast. The reason I've almost stopped playing my hunter. Might try again when Season 4 comes out, but playing an under-represented class in arena really doesn't do too well. Noone to team with, and hard time against most set ups :aware:

So for now PVE owns, get some badge rewards and you're automatically geared for doing SSC or TK and in some cases even further.

Do a server change :) its always an option :P

Trying to ge tback into wow, thank goodness for patch 2.x to 2.4 :)

So what major new features have i missed?

I stopped at Patch 2.1.1

Lots of stuff.

ZA, Isle of Quel'danas, lock nerfs, and more.

I should renew my subscription.. PvE seems a lot of fun now (haven't been in a instance since 2.3). PvP got pretty darn boring.

Pvp gets old, fast. The reason I've almost stopped playing my hunter. Might try again when Season 4 comes out, but playing an under-represented class in arena really doesn't do too well. Noone to team with, and hard time against most set ups :aware:

So for now PVE owns, get some badge rewards and you're automatically geared for doing SSC or TK and in some cases even further.

Do a server change :) its always an option :P

Nah it isn't. Ive done 1800 on Stormscale as hunter, its pathetically hard to find a teammate there and on Neptulon. Can't be bothered to keep migrating, much easier to just wait for wrath.

I'm thinking about starting to play Wow, so I was mainly wondering what I should do to get started? I haven't ever played, but I'm thinking about it. If anybody has any advice, I'd appreciate it.

First of all

Know about the horde and the alliances[horde and alliance](just the very basics :)). Learn about the races(which races belong to what alliances) and about classes. Choose a race and a class you like. And you're set.

I also recommend knowing something about the history of warcraft if you don't

I'll give you some intros on races and classes

We'll start with the Alliance

Humans

Rogue

Mage

Warlock

Priest

Warrior

Paladin

Dwarves

Warrior

Paladin

Rogue

Priest

Hunter

Gnomes

Warrior

Rogue

Mage

Warlock

Night elves

Warrior

Druid

Priest

Rogue

Hunter

DraeneiBurning Crusade expansion only

Warrior

Paladin

Mage

Hunter

Priest

Shaman

Now, for the horde

Orcs

Shaman

Warrior

Warlock

Rogue

Hunter

Trolls

Wrrior

Hunter

Rogue

Shaman

Mage

Priest

Tauren

Warrior

Hunter

Druid

Shaman

Forsaken(Undead)

Warrior

Priest

Rogue

Mage

Warlock

Blood ElvesBurning Crusade only

Rogue

Hunter

Warlock

Mage

Paladin

Priest

(yes, they can't be warriors)

For info about classes

Wowwiki.com

:aware:

What servers do you guys play on?

My friend from school can't play Wow till he gets out of school for the summer, in the meantime I thought I would make a new character

And

Play with you guys or level with someone...

Gah...

What servers do you guys play on?

My friend from school can't play Wow till he gets out of school for the summer, in the meantime I thought I would make a new character

And

Play with you guys or level with someone...

Gah...

I'm on Gul'Dan US Server, but I don't play anymore.

Don't join the server. If you do, join horde, alliance is dead there.

I'm thinking about starting to play Wow, so I was mainly wondering what I should do to get started? I haven't ever played, but I'm thinking about it. If anybody has any advice, I'd appreciate it.

Be prepared to be pretty bored at the start, leveling is the worst - especially if you are going to start by yourself. A lot of people quit before they hit 70 and say it is a boring game, but imo, the game really starts at 70. If possible, it is always better to start with a friend so you can level together, it makes it that much less boring.

Research the classes before picking one.

Minimize boredom by looking up instances/dungeons that you can do and aim for an item/weapon drop. Instances are somewhat less boring to do and the exp rate is decent if you have a good group.

Haha, to speed up leveling (wanna get to level 40) I tried the QuestHelper addon, but it kinda freaks out when I have like 15-20 quests - it keeps recalculating all the time so it's impossible to do anything. :aware:

Questing without spoils ftw.

I play on Alesxtraza US

if yo go there don't choose horde!

we suck!! in Pvp and PvE :aware:

but well its kind of because we're like 20% of the population

Haha, to speed up leveling (wanna get to level 40) I tried the QuestHelper addon, but it kinda freaks out when I have like 15-20 quests - it keeps recalculating all the time so it's impossible to do anything. :aware:

Questing without spoils ftw.

You are better off borrowing a friend's 70 and power leveling yourself through instances. It is crazy exp especially if you bring a few other same leveled friends for the group bonus.

I had this undead mage that I hadn't really played on much, so I was grinding in the barrens trying to get to lvl 17 when my friend told me to go to Xroads to see something awsome, as I went there, I started to see corpses everywere, then some huge dragon looking thing 1 hit me. It was wiping out everyone, it was great :aware: My friend said alliance "kited" it there, I don't know what it means but none the less it was a cool experience.

I had this undead mage that I hadn't really played on much, so I was grinding in the barrens trying to get to lvl 17 when my friend told me to go to Xroads to see something awsome, as I went there, I started to see corpses everywere, then some huge dragon looking thing 1 hit me. It was wiping out everyone, it was great :aware: My friend said alliance "kited" it there, I don't know what it means but none the less it was a cool experience.

To kite something is when you attack something at a distance, using ranged attacks/spells and running away when it is in range of you.

I am not sure how you can kite a dragon to xroads and make it stay there though..

Paladin's level 40. :aware: Respecced to tankadin because no one seems to be waiting for a retri. But the problem is abilties. Too many of them. I got abilities, blessings, auras and whatnot to migitate damage, reduce threat on others, increase my own threat... I don't know which ones are worth training/using.

Btw, I was riding in Duskwood to get my herbalism up a bit, and decided to look for an entrace to the area in the middle of those hills, right in the middle of Duskwood. Found one, so I entered, and then I saw this huge dragon, guarding a portal. Cool. :)

My guild tried magtheridon ysterday

epic fail

:aware:

Let's start with two factions:

The Alliance

The Alliance mainly consists of immature players under 13, so usually it's the over-played faction. There's very little cooperation and everyone seems to be a Night Elf. Players choose this also because its the only "pretty" race. Additionally, Alliance PvP is a guaranteed loss, as every player will run around on their own and shouts out insane commands.

Real winners.

The Horde

This side is pretty much consisted of 15+ year olds who take this game seriously. Most of these serious Horde players act like they were paid to play it and harp on people in Ventrilo to not use swear words. If you wish to be invisible in PvP, roll a healing class and you will never be attacked by Alliance. This is because killing the healer first is a valid strategy, but since Alliance are stupid, Horde healers are immortal and invisible at the same time.

Classes:

Warrior- All you do is melee combat things for countless hours of your life, nothing more. No one will accept you to do anything but be a tank, sorry Fury Warriors!

Paladin- The first class available to every player who just bought the game. You can be strong AND heal yourself! You are trapped as a meat shield or healer, so no DPS for you.

Hunter- You capture poor, defenseless animals and make them your slave. It's also the base of every argument on thottbot.com to dictate that every weapon is a "Hunter Weapon".

Priest- The healing person, everybody will expect you to heal, but if you try to DPS then you are hated by anyone who doesnt know anything about other classes.

Mage- Only for making food and water for the Koreans, serves as a dispenser.

Shaman- You will be relied on to FROST SHOCK and drop totems. Totems. Totems. That's it.

Druid- you get to transform into animals and do stuff! too bad every class can do something better then you. Your just used to heal in pvp

Warlock- Like Hunters, but satanic. If you enjoy not needing an ounce of skill, warlockery is for you. Requires being able to hit five buttons, those wacky warlocks!

Rogue- These are the official backstabbing guys of the game, this class is usually played be stupid hyperactive basement dwellers who forgot to take their pills. They are also enormous control freaks who will do anything to complain about their class, even though they are by far the most powerful. 99% of the population of WoW.

and that is all.

Let's start with two factions:

The Alliance

The Alliance mainly consists of immature players under 13, so usually it's the over-played faction. There's very little cooperation and everyone seems to be a Night Elf. Players choose this also because its the only "pretty" race. Additionally, Alliance PvP is a guaranteed loss, as every player will run around on their own and shouts out insane commands.

Real winners.

The Horde

This side is pretty much consisted of 15+ year olds who take this game seriously. Most of these serious Horde players act like they were paid to play it and harp on people in Ventrilo to not use swear words. If you wish to be invisible in PvP, roll a healing class and you will never be attacked by Alliance. This is because killing the healer first is a valid strategy, but since Alliance are stupid, Horde healers are immortal and invisible at the same time.

Classes:

Warrior- All you do is melee combat things for countless hours of your life, nothing more. No one will accept you to do anything but be a tank, sorry Fury Warriors!

Paladin- The first class available to every player who just bought the game. You can be strong AND heal yourself! You are trapped as a meat shield or healer, so no DPS for you.

Hunter- You capture poor, defenseless animals and make them your slave. It's also the base of every argument on thottbot.com to dictate that every weapon is a "Hunter Weapon".

Priest- The healing person, everybody will expect you to heal, but if you try to DPS then you are hated by anyone who doesnt know anything about other classes.

Mage- Only for making food and water for the Koreans, serves as a dispenser.

Shaman- You will be relied on to FROST SHOCK and drop totems. Totems. Totems. That's it.

Druid- you get to transform into animals and do stuff! too bad every class can do something better then you. Your just used to heal in pvp

Warlock- Like Hunters, but satanic. If you enjoy not needing an ounce of skill, warlockery is for you. Requires being able to hit five buttons, those wacky warlocks!

Rogue- These are the official backstabbing guys of the game, this class is usually played be stupid hyperactive basement dwellers who forgot to take their pills. They are also enormous control freaks who will do anything to complain about their class, even though they are by far the most powerful. 99% of the population of WoW.

and that is all.

Don't do anything with PuGs and your alliance problems are solved :aware:

They messed up the new patch for mac, every time you quit the game it freezes and has to be force quit. :aware:

I hope they'll fix it soon rather than waiting for a new patch.

Edited by Knight Haleth

On our 2nd day of tryng Magtheridon, we downed him.

It's actually easy, we were having problems with the cubes coordination though.

it was fun

I had 270g on my 38 pally and bought Scarlet chest for 95g, they go for 300g+ on my serv :aware:

Edited by Dark Mage

Hmm, I've got a question - is it possible to begin doing raids at level 60?

Also, I'm getting 70 in a few months - should I get my tier 6 epic or would it be better to wait for Lich King and get the good gear at 80?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.