Sal's RuneScape Forum
Matthew

Official Wow Thread

got rival on my hunter from arena season 3, only challenger on my druid because i got to 70 mid season. :aware: now to aim for duelist.

i can decide the faction well help decide

for the alliance if you just wanna have fun and meet new friends than join the ally

if your serious about the game like wanna pvp alot and more mature than join the horde

Wrong. There is nothing about Alliance that makes Alliance better for "having fun and meeting friends" and there is nothing about Horde that makes Horde better for "pvp alot". The common conception that 'horde has the more mature players' is completely erroneous and wrong, and depends entirely on the server's community and not the faction.

For the horde/alliance choice, just pick a race that you're comfortable with looking at and playing. There's nothing that separates them except for aesthetics and different areas/zones/cities.

PVP is different for each battlegroup and battleground. In my battlegroup alliance never wins WSG or AB but we dominate horde (unless they're premades) in AV.

Alliance is just as unfriendly as horde.

Just pick whichever one you want. I don't know how to explain it so I'll just say it. It makes a huge difference over the course of the game but no matter which side you choose it won't be that big a change.

Yes I know it makes no sense.

Edited by Raz

for the alliance if you just wanna have fun and meet new friends than join the ally

if your serious about the game like wanna pvp alot and more mature than join the horde

Wrong. There is nothing about Alliance that makes Alliance better for "having fun and meeting friends" and there is nothing about Horde that makes Horde better for "pvp alot". The common conception that 'horde has the more mature players' is completely erroneous and wrong, and depends entirely on the server's community and not the faction.

For the horde/alliance choice, just pick a race that you're comfortable with looking at and playing. There's nothing that separates them except for aesthetics and different areas/zones/cities.

i agree mostly, i dont think you were meaning it this way, but horde is better for pvp, at least the racials. allies got mostly crap for pvp racials while horde got decent ones.

i agree mostly, i dont think you were meaning it this way, but horde is better for pvp, at least the racials. allies got mostly crap for pvp racials while horde got decent ones.

I don't understand how perception, stoneform, escape artist and shadowmeld are bad pvp racials. Please explain that to me. They might be situational, but they're practically just as useful as wotf. Humans expertise isn't bad either, as with gift of the naaru or passive +hit; at least if youre fighting laser chickens , mages or hunters.

Meh, I might be stereotyping, but most young players (talking 12 years or younger) become Alliance because they're pretty, and they want to be 'good' and 'strong'. Unfortunately, a lot of those become Paladins (:aware:). But then again, people that have heard that horde are 'smart' become blood elf, going around thinking they're much smarter than the rest.

All factions have 'good' and 'bad' players.

At least that's my view on things.

Conclusion? Faction, race or class doesn't matter. Don't look at stats or racial traits and don't let anyone influence your decision. Go with your hearth and pick what you like.

Edited by Haleth

Meh, I might be stereotyping, but most young players (talking 12 years or younger) become Alliance because they're pretty, and they want to be 'good' and 'strong'. Unfortunately, a lot of those become Paladins (:aware:). But then again, people that have heard that horde are 'smart' become blood elf, going around thinking they're much smarter than the rest.

Conclusion? Faction, race or class doesn't matter. Don't look at stats or racial traits and don't let anyone influence your decision. Go with your hearth and pick what you like.

People 12 years and younger aren't allowed to play the game, per se. :)

But I agree with the rest of the post.

I've played with far too many idiots to say my faction (Alliance) is smart. (e.g.; boomkins saying they can heal and start spamming Moonfire/Hurricane, switching forms all the time, rogues needing on plate armor, etc.) The racial traits don't really make a lot of difference. Especially not in PvP, where it's more about how skilled you can play, and not really about how good your gear is.

Of course, a full green is going to lose from almost any full epic player, but it's still not like PvE gear checks.

Edited by Toungy

I've played with far too many idiots to say my faction (Alliance) is smart. (e.g.; boomkins saying they can heal and start spamming Moonfire/Hurricane, switching forms all the time, rogues needing on plate armor, etc.) The racial traits don't really make a lot of difference. Especially not in PvP, where it's more about how skilled you can play, and not really about how good your gear is.

Of course, a full green is going to lose from almost any full epic player, but it's still not like PvE gear checks.

I've met retards on Horde side as well - and just as many. The amount of bad/notsoverysmart players depends on the server community, not the faction.

I don't understand how perception, stoneform, escape artist and shadowmeld are bad pvp racials. Please explain that to me. They might be situational, but they're practically just as useful as wotf. Humans expertise isn't bad either, as with gift of the naaru or passive +hit; at least if youre fighting laser chickens , mages or hunters.

lol? shadowmeld, almost useless in pvp, you might get a tiny jump in the beginning, might. has a small use when trying to drink. perception and escape artist are pretty usable in pvp but thats 2 racials that are pretty good, stoneform is iffy, forgot everything it does but removing bleeds is good against... feral druids? and there are almost none of those in pvp. are you aware that gotn heals 1500 at level 70? that might be one white crit, thats if all of it goes off. useless.

you see how they pail in comparison to wotf, the blood elf silence, tauren war stomp and berzerking? silence and war stomp can easily be the thing between getting a heal off or not, i play a resto druid and there have been many times where they chain stunlock and then use one and im not much use. wotf is like an extra trinket.

lol? shadowmeld, almost useless in pvp, you might get a tiny jump in the beginning, might. has a small use when trying to drink. perception and escape artist are pretty usable in pvp but thats 2 racials that are pretty good, stoneform is iffy, forgot everything it does but removing bleeds is good against... feral druids? and there are almost none of those in pvp. are you aware that gotn heals 1500 at level 70? that might be one white crit, thats if all of it goes off. useless.

you see how they pail in comparison to wotf, the blood elf silence, tauren war stomp and berzerking? silence and war stomp can easily be the thing between getting a heal off or not, i play a resto druid and there have been many times where they chain stunlock and then use one and im not much use. wotf is like an extra trinket.

Meld is awesome for drinking in arena, and getting the jump in BG's when you're defending. Even more useful for warriors who can use it to get a charge off. Perception and Escape artist are fine. Stoneform removes bleeds AND poisons. Including crippling and wound poison so GG rogues. Gotn is obviously the most useless one, but they still get +hit from their racials so they can gem + enchant differently. Hardly wasted.

Meld is awesome for drinking in arena, and getting the jump in BG's when you're defending. Even more useful for warriors who can use it to get a charge off. Perception and Escape artist are fine. Stoneform removes bleeds AND poisons. Including crippling and wound poison so GG rogues. Gotn is obviously the most useless one, but they still get +hit from their racials so they can gem + enchant differently. Hardly wasted.

meld still isnt that great, 1 small burst at the beginning wont win an arena match. I agree that it is really good for drinking, but has almost no use other than that. stoneform still has a few minute cooldown and if i remember correct it didnt last that long. It wouldnt do much against a rogue, if he wanted to he could gouge you for the duration. 1% hit, not a reason to roll a race. I wish i rolled tauren instead of nightelf, 5% more stam and war stomp instead of 1% dodge and shadowmeld. big difference, and much more useful as a tauren.

Edited by blondeguy32

meld still isnt that great, 1 small burst at the beginning wont win an arena match. I agree that it is really good for drinking, but has almost no use other than that. stoneform still has a few minute cooldown and if i remember correct it didnt last that long. It wouldnt do much against a rogue, if he wanted to he could gouge you for the duration. 1% hit, not a reason to roll a race. I wish i rolled tauren instead of nightelf, 5% more stam and war stomp instead of 1% dodge and shadowmeld. big difference, and much more useful as a tauren.

Charge out of meld onto a druid, eat the warriors intercept and keep your own. That wins you a fight. Playing rogue/priest with meld can give you the upper hand easily. Meld while drinking is probably the most overpowered racial atm, since drinking is what makes druid and priest setups so powerful. Stoneform lasts for I think, 8 seconds. Which is actually a huge boost against rogues. If you're a dwarf rogue, it will allow you to vanish against warriors.

Charge out of meld onto a druid, eat the warriors intercept and keep your own. That wins you a fight. Playing rogue/priest with meld can give you the upper hand easily. Meld while drinking is probably the most overpowered racial atm, since drinking is what makes druid and priest setups so powerful. Stoneform lasts for I think, 8 seconds. Which is actually a huge boost against rogues. If you're a dwarf rogue, it will allow you to vanish against warriors.

i can see how sm might give you a small boost, but it wouldnt be the deciding factor in a 30+ minute arena fight for a warrior, might be for a druid, not a warrior. Still, horde racials are more active and deadly than alli ones.

ifyou can afford it after you got your new RAM, I would definitely recommend you to switch out that as well. You don't need a expensive one like a nVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX or anything like it, but what you have now is not a proper graphics card, and even upgrading to a cheap one like http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814121085 would also help. Get the RAM first though.

Just another thing I was wondering if anyone knows,do you need to have a specific memory stick for your computer type or can you just buy any kind of ram and it will still work?

Edited by Dante

ifyou can afford it after you got your new RAM, I would definitely recommend you to switch out that as well. You don't need a expensive one like a nVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX or anything like it, but what you have now is not a proper graphics card, and even upgrading to a cheap one like http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814121085 would also help. Get the RAM first though.

Just another thing I was wondering if anyone knows,do you need to have a specific memory stick for your computer type or can you just buy any kind of ram and it will still work?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductConfi...ry-Configurator

Man ive been having so many problems with wow.

I tried to install the game using the disc but it didnt work so I had to download it from the offical site

After 10 hours of DL I finally play but now every 30 minutes the scren goes black or freezes,sometimes both.

Do I gotta reinstall the game agian?This freezing is preventing me from doing full bg's.

I also got the brutal gloves finally

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.x...&n=Beowoulf

Just gotta get new vambraces, boots,and chest now

i don't like wow :aware:

Then get off the damn thread. Sheesh, does it take a fudgeing PhD to figure that one out?

Plus WoW is like 1000000000x better then runescape.

but i like runescape :)

maby if the people were nice! and it cost nothing it would be fun but people like epic hobo are still there tell me please!

its an ok game :)

i just don't like the people!

Then get off the damn thread. Sheesh, does it take a fudgeing PhD to figure that one out?

y r u mad at me?

I didnt mean to get so carried away, sorry about that comment I made.

maby if the people were nice! and it cost nothing it would be fun but people like epic hobo are still there tell me please!

y r u mad at me?

You are joking right? The community on wow is much better than the one on Rs. If you've tried to play it, you must've picked a really shizzly server.

y r u mad at me?

You are joking right? The community on wow is much better than the one on Rs. If you've tried to play it, you must've picked a really shizzly server.

Yes I agree, you must have picked a bad realm :) I rarely run into immature or ignorant players on mine.

I found out that wow was not my problem.It seems that every download game I play doesnt work.When I play CSS,everytime I join a server I automatically get an error.The character models are also not normal.There big red walking letters that say ERROR.

Well this sucks.I suppose I will have to get a new computer like acer or something if I want to start playing agian.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.