Sal's RuneScape Forum
Matthew

Official Wow Thread

So yeah I feel retarded now :(.

Maybe I've either forgotten and couldn't figure it out, or I've played too many games that when you auto-attack you actually charge at the enemy instead of getting an error message >_>.

It's kind of annoying having to walk to every enemy so is there a way for auto attack to charge/run towards the enemy?

And the other thing, can I have a list of recommended addons that aren't broken :(.

Seriously retarded that they didn't add that then.

And the other thing, can I have a list of recommended addons that aren't broken :(.

I would suggest getting the Curse Client thing. It's nice for getting and updating addons.

I'm sure some of you might disagree, but I love it. I'm lazy and don't like having to search for updates. It just kind of does everything for you. It sticks your addons into your folder, notifies you when new updates are available and you can search their addon database from the client itself.

I would suggest getting the Curse Client thing. It's nice for getting and updating addons.

I'm sure some of you might disagree, but I love it. I'm lazy and don't like having to search for updates. It just kind of does everything for you. It sticks your addons into your folder, notifies you when new updates are available and you can search their addon database from the client itself.

See my problem is most of the addons I used to use don't work so was looking for recommendations :D.

It's kind of annoying having to walk to every enemy so is there a way for auto attack to charge/run towards the enemy?

Not unless you're a warrior :D

No I'm with you <3 curse.

See my problem is most of the addons I used to use don't work so was looking for recommendations :(.

Can you tell us what class you're playing because a lot of addons are more useful for some classes rather than others. But of course there are some general ones that are useful for everyone.

Deadly Boss Mods - Pretty much a must. Has on screen prompts and timers for important boss abilities/mechanics

Recount/Skada - Track DPS, HPS, TPS, No. of interrupts, etc...

Omen - For getting accurate threat levels. More useful for tanks but decent DPS might want to get it to make sure they don't over aggro.

NPCScan - Has big on screen pop up for rare mobs if that's your thing.

Tell Me When - Tracking CDs of abilities

Need to Know - For tracking how long CDs last

These are some of the general addons I use and find very useful. I know for a fact they all work and are up to date as I use them myself. Sure there are more but just can't think off the top of my head.

Edited by Da Scotsman

Actually, pre 4.2 there was a way that you could right click something and it'd physically take you there. Someone tricked me into using it on Al'akir. I'll have a quick look to see if I can still find it.

Esc > Interface > Mouse > click to move.

makes right clicking on the ground take you to the place you clicked. Right click on a hostile => you run up to a hostile and attack it. However, it will try and move in a straight line so make sure you have a clear LoS.

Edited by Mano

So now that a few of my friends are back on WoW, we decided to 4 man Illidan and the rest of Black Temple. Easier than we imagined but overally was actually really fun.

ijAEBG.jpg

Looking to start a guild on Mal'Ganis (Horde). PST if interested, Everything is paid for in-game and out of game.

do /who flux and message someone.

So yeah, leveling as a protection paladin. Should I be using Seal of Insight or Seal of Truth.

So yeah, leveling as a protection paladin. Should I be using Seal of Insight or Seal of Truth.

Roll a warrior and join me.

I went for Insight for solo questing if you want a little extra healing, but in dungeons when you've got a healer Seal of Truth for a little extra threat while I leveled. But to be honest as a Prot Paladin you're not going to have trouble with either threat/healing while leveling.

Edited by Da Scotsman

Actually, pre 4.2 there was a way that you could right click something and it'd physically take you there. Someone tricked me into using it on Al'akir. I'll have a quick look to see if I can still find it.

Esc > Interface > Mouse > click to move.

makes right clicking on the ground take you to the place you clicked. Right click on a hostile => you run up to a hostile and attack it. However, it will try and move in a straight line so make sure you have a clear LoS.

Oh that helps me so much lol thank you

Woot hit my first 85 on my warrior!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/khadgar/Scrya/advanced

except I'm having a little trouble with cata since I began in wrath.

I heard tanking heroics is really hard compared to wrath.

Do you guys think I'm ready to Queue for a random heroic?

I'm not fully enchanted because I'm really poor atm. 525 engineering wiped me clean.

Is mining good money? Obsidium or Elementium? In my server elementium goes for around 2.50 g a piece. I don't think engineering makes money anyway. I'm enjoying my rocket boots though :(

It really sucks because I want to craft my engineer goggles to replace my crappy green, but I need a chaos orb to do it. And I'm not sure if I'm set for heroics. any tips?

I'd recommend switching over some of your gems to a more mastery heavy setup, but your gear is for sure on par to start heroics.

Also should be reforging for mastery, is the best secondary stat for all tanks at the moment. Followed by dodge/parry (or dodge/crit for druids).

Tanking heroics is as easy as it was in Wrath at the moment (with everyone over gearing the content quite a bit) the only difference is how much time they take.

Edited by Balmung

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/820354...taclysm-Edition

That should be all you need to know.

And you're set for heroics by far, my DK was in far worse gear than that when he jumped into heroics about 10 minutes after he hit 85. My warrior was less geared as well, but I have the tanking experience to compensate. If you don't feel like you're a good tank (through experience), jump into a Grim Batol normal and focus on rushing it. By rushing, you force yourself to have to pay more attention, keep an eye out on the group and the healer as well as do your part when it comes to stuns, spell reflects and interrupts.

Basically, start pulling and never stop between pulls unless your healer direly needs mana or you need a ressurection going.

..and yes, if you're new to heroics and the group isn't amazing, you're going to need to control trashpacks far more than in WOTLK.

I thought bgs were in 10 level brackets.

0-19

20-29

30-39

40-49

50-59

60-69

70-80

and I'd guess 80-85?

But bgs I've been in have been 60-64.

Also is it bad that the lvl 60ish PVP gear is better for tanking then most of the PVE drops from my perspective O_o.

I thought bgs were in 10 level brackets.

0-19

20-29

30-39

40-49

50-59

60-69

70-80

and I'd guess 80-85?

But bgs I've been in have been 60-64.

Also is it bad that the lvl 60ish PVP gear is better for tanking then most of the PVE drops from my perspective O_o.

until ~62 63

BGs are brackets of 5.

10-14

15-19

20-24

25-29

30-34

70-74

75-79

80-84

Edited by Balmung

holy crap. So I queued and ran heroics.

The first one was blackrock caverns and people were failing so bad at the lazer mutations part on the second boss. eventually everyone left.

Next I got for HoO. This went okay and I think we 1 shotted every boss.

Next I got deadmines. This place was hell. as I went on pulling the healer started saying I was squishy and stuff. I thought it was weird, but whatever I decided to go on. Most likely I will reforge / enchant more of my stuff after. Actually a bit through the run the healer said "You need to run more normal dungeons and get more gear, you're really squishy, might as well let the hunter tank". I had no less than 333 gear on, though... and I got through other heroics fine.

Then a few people started to leave at the trash packs. eventually the healer turned dps and we got a new healer. This shammy healer stuck through to the end. this instance took like 2 hours, this healer was amazing stuff man. We wiped so many times on the harvest boss it's countless. Probably like 10 times. Eventually we got him down. From then on we slowly got the other bosses down. I had no idea how this healer was healing us.

These dungeons are 100x harder than WotLK dungeons. maybe because I'm a tank instead of a healer now, but still I healed a few undergeared tanks in WotLK and it wasn't nearly as bad. Another thing was the dps is lacking, there were peeps pulling wrath dps.

I guess I just got unlucky with my group but deadmines was bad. I can't imagine Zandalari heroics.

Right now I'm probably going to get a few more JP and save up some gold to enchant and reforge my stuff.

Current heroics should be fairly faceroll now, actually, with more people in T11 (justice, farmable raids) - T12 (valor etc) quality gear and nerfed heroic bosses.

Current heroics should be fairly faceroll now, actually, with more people in T11 (justice, farmable raids) - T12 (valor etc) quality gear and nerfed heroic bosses.

Although not many of the 'well-geared' people run the heroics he's doing, if they need valor they do Zul heroics.

263210_10150277767614034_138011799033_7414850_1651436_n.jpg

Teaser image by Blizzard. Current speculation is its a teaser for the next expansion but of a teaser that will be in 4.3. Obviously Arcane Reforger is already in the game, Transmogrifier could be something to change the appearance of something and not sure on void storage. One person said it would be a feature for sending things cross server. Though I've seen some people saying that it's all just an anagram that pretty much hints to AQ20/40

Although not many of the 'well-geared' people run the heroics he's doing, if they need valor they do Zul heroics.

In fairness I'll run normal HCs when I can't get a guild group together for ZA/ZG just can't stand pugging them. But you still get a lot of clueless people doing the normal HCs I'll agree.

263210_10150277767614034_138011799033_7414850_1651436_n.jpg

Teaser image by Blizzard. Current speculation is its a teaser for the next expansion but of a teaser that will be in 4.3. Obviously Arcane Reforger is already in the game, Transmogrifier could be something to change the appearance of something and not sure on void storage. One person said it would be a feature for sending things cross server. Though I've seen some people saying that it's all just an anagram that pretty much hints to AQ20/40

Be quite cool if, 'Void Storage' was an account wide bank or something. I was expecting maybe some more troll/Southern Island stuff but did not expect Ethereals. Perhaps it gives this idea a little more credibility if they're bringing back a race rom TBC

Edited by Da Scotsman

If I can, I try to avoid doing Zul Heroics all together. I can do like 3 regular heroics in the time it takes to do one Zul. The queue times on my server are ~25-30 minutes, and I find I always get stuck with a crappy group. I mean, the odd time I'll get ultra amazing groups but most of the time they suck.

Even on regular heroics it's a gamble, which sucks. The instances I find I have trouble getting good groups for are Deadmines and Grim Batol. People don't seem to understand the Reaver boss, and Grim Batol is just horrible. My least favourite instance. xD

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.