Sal's RuneScape Forum
Matthew

Official Wow Thread

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/263210_10150277767614034_138011799033_7414850_1651436_n.jpg

Teaser image by Blizzard. Current speculation is its a teaser for the next expansion but of a teaser that will be in 4.3. Obviously Arcane Reforger is already in the game, Transmogrifier could be something to change the appearance of something and not sure on void storage. One person said it would be a feature for sending things cross server. Though I've seen some people saying that it's all just an anagram that pretty much hints to AQ20/40

Actually, a revamped AQ raid has been in the game files for quite some times. It's likely part of the 4.3 anti-SWTOR patch they'll drop since they said it'd be the "biggest patch so far" in Cataclysm.

Either way, not very interesting. It's not going to bring me back. :(

So I've finally decided to have a go at the free trial, currently downloading (going to take a while)

Any suggestions on a nice friendly PvE non RP EU realm?

Any suggestions at all? I was thinking rolling a troll, horde looks fun :(

Edited by Borghilde

So I've finally decided to have a go at the free trial, currently downloading (going to take a while)

Good call with horde. Also good choice trolls be rockin' out mon. What class were you thinking of trying out?

I'm on Stormrage EU and it fulfills your criteria but it's only the second realm I've ever been on so I'm not sure about any others :D

Edited by Da Scotsman

I'd try out each class to about 10-15 to see which you like most. Everyone plays differently, and it only takes maybe 2-3 hours to get to 10-15. If you enjoy the game enough to keep going, endgame differs greatly from the beginning, but you get a generally decent outlook on how you're going to play the class.

Edited by MnJu

As mentioned, good on choosing Horde. :P

A good Horde server which is PvE would be Quel'Thalas. :D

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

I was thinking of trying out hunter first as its the one that appeals most, but we'll see.

Now I just have to wait the three days for the thing to download with my shizzlety connection :(

My server has gotten pretty saturated with Mekgineer's choppers so I decided to keep the newest one I made. Man I haven't spent so long in a ground mount since leveling in Wrath.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

I was thinking of trying out hunter first as its the one that appeals most, but we'll see.

Now I just have to wait the three days for the thing to download with my shizzlety connection :(

you only need to download about 700mb before you can start to play :D

Tried this game in May and got to level 26 on my Troll warlock, but I quit because my friend that referred me quit playing. After a few months of not playing I started having urges to play again so I downloaded the Wrath trial and I have gone from 26-41 since then. :( I'm probably going to subscribe again once I get into my routine for college, but I am not sure if I should just buy a 2 month card, or buy Wrath and use the month I get from that because I am sure I will be level 70 before the two months would be over.

It's speculation at this point but still. I really hope that's not the title of the new expansion, the whole Panda thing was never funny. "Mists of Pandaria" sounds like a Hasbro game I'd buy if I were 10.

Tried this game in May and got to level 26 on my Troll warlock, but I quit because my friend that referred me quit playing. After a few months of not playing I started having urges to play again so I downloaded the Wrath trial and I have gone from 26-41 since then. :( I'm probably going to subscribe again once I get into my routine for college, but I am not sure if I should just buy a 2 month card, or buy Wrath and use the month I get from that because I am sure I will be level 70 before the two months would be over.

Wrath doesn't come with a month ???

It's speculation at this point but still. I really hope that's not the title of the new expansion, the whole Panda thing was never funny. "Mists of Pandaria" sounds like a Hasbro game I'd buy if I were 10.

I think it's more likely to be a comic series than an expansion, or a massive April Fools joke at the ready.

Tried this game in May and got to level 26 on my Troll warlock, but I quit because my friend that referred me quit playing. After a few months of not playing I started having urges to play again so I downloaded the Wrath trial and I have gone from 26-41 since then. :D I'm probably going to subscribe again once I get into my routine for college, but I am not sure if I should just buy a 2 month card, or buy Wrath and use the month I get from that because I am sure I will be level 70 before the two months would be over.

Wrath doesn't come with a month ???

Oh. Dang. Looks like more money to spend. :( Oh well.

I think it's more likely to be a comic series than an expansion, or a massive April Fools joke at the ready.

Apparently something about the patent code type means it's a game patent. But let's hope it's for the iPhone or something.

Would be an epic troll though if it's a joke.

Edited by Da Scotsman

Just thinking earlier, with the new Battle.net ID letting you do dungeons with people from other realms (and soon raids), does this apply to cross Region aswell? I play EU but being able to play with people from US would be really cool, we could have Sal's raid nights and stuff.

Anyway my Read.ID is [email protected] if anyone wants to give us an add

4.3 update list so far is actually looking really interesting. They're definitely trying to compete against SW:ToR and GW 2.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2419-P...ication-Preview

Also is sal's raids start happening in 4.3, my real ID is [email protected]

4.3 update list so far is actually looking really interesting. They're definitely trying to compete against SW:ToR and GW 2.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2419-P...ication-Preview

Also is sal's raids start happening in 4.3, my real ID is [email protected]

well for that to work, there would need to be a US and EU branch i think

Transmogrifier (Preview below)

The Transmogrifier NPC, which will let you change the appearance of any armor piece on you, while retaining the stats of your current gear. (= T12 stats, but with the Tier 2 look!)

Players won't be able to change the appearance of their armor into another armor type or class armor set, and you might have to own the armor before you can use it to swap the appearance of your existing armor.

ohhhh shizzle. vanity armor prices are about to skyrocket, boys. better start collecting.

Edited by Beret

So hit 70, but I'm still squishy in LK dungeons even though I was doing fine in BC dungeons.

Kind of farming for the D3 set at this point I guess?

Also fast way to make money at level 70 would be appreciated. I hate how slow the flying mount is.

Edited by Cxkslei

So hit 70, but I'm still squishy in LK dungeons even though I was doing fine in BC dungeons.

Also fast way to make money at level 70 would be appreciated. I hate how slow the flying mount is.

The reason you're squishy in LK dungeons is because you have no LK gear on. once u go up an expansion the gear level changes drastically.

Fast way to make money, quest and dont spend any. From 1-85 I was left with about 10k gold at level 85.

Getting some wrath-level crafted gear would help you a lot, its better than most of the quest loot until around lvl75 quests.

There's not a lot you can do for money at lower levels, but you'll get loads just from doing quests up to 85.

Proper word of advice:

At 70, buy the crafter sets or get a friend to make them. They're solid and some pieces might last you to 80. I really loved the Cobalt sets for my tanks.

So 4.3:

• Last Raid of expansion (Deathwing as final boss)
  • 3 new 5mans (Including one set in Caverns of time based around War of the Ancients)
  • Transmogrification - Ability to keep stats of current armour but use the skin of old items (Eg old armour tiers)
  • Void storage - Lots of extra space to store items/old armour that aren't used regularly (Will cost money to place and withdraw items)
  • LFG Raid Finder - just like dungeon finder but for raids (90% sure I read about this somewhere but might not be confirmed?)

...so what does everyone think?

Edited by Da Scotsman

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.