Sal's RuneScape Forum
Matthew

Official Wow Thread

I'll have some helpful ones on an edit soon. Any of them that I suggest I have used. Except Titan but I heard that was really good. I've grouped them together by their function and purpose. Hope this helps. All the downloads can be found at wow.curse-gaming.com

Auctioneer - Gives you mostly accurate pricing for the AH

WoWEcon - Same as Auctioneer, use both to check against each other for the most accurate pricing

AH QuickSearch - Allows a shift-click operation to search for an item

AH Reset - Adds a reset button to the AH

Fizzwidget ShoppingList - Helps finding the best deals for what you're searching for

FlexBar - Adds tons of skill buttons that are very configurable

Titan Panel - I haven't use this but have heard good things

Telo's SideBar - Adds twelve extra buttons on the side

Telo's QuickLoot - Makes looting faster but is not an auto-loot function

vBagnon - Combines all your bags into one for easy viewing and does the same with your bank

BankStatement - Allows you to see your bank anywhere in WoW

ArchiTotem - Has all your totems on screen

TotemTimer - Has a time status of your totems on screen

Call of Elements - Combines the top two into one package; I liked having the top two rather than this one however

Honor Kills Counter - Keeps track of most honor statistics

MobHealth3 - Gives a good estimate on a mob's health meter

SCT Damage - Allows a better look at your damage

CritLine - Displays highest damage records over your head

Edited by Sporkenstein

I use

titanpanel

CTmod

KTM threat bar

Auctioneer(Normally its not out for Patch 2.0 yet though.

Lootlink

As well as some other small ones that aren't much use. I really suggest getting KTM threat bar and auctioneer as both are a great help and don't change interface at all. CTmod and Titan Panel do change your interface but you can customize almost completely to your liking.

Edited by Raz

I'm trying to download Telo's Sidebar but on Curse it won't work and when I dl'ed it off of ui.worldofwar it said it was incompatible. :ice:

Hehe 7% crit chance now, 5.4k mana, generally same health not sure. Just got more RAM =D

Hey guys, I'm buying the game tomorow, and could I get some general Do's and Don'ts? Some tips for a newby are accepted. I remember that if I had gotten those at the start of my RS carreer, I would have had a more pleasant start.

Tips don't have to be in-game, like realm tips etc. are all appreciated! (In-Game tips are also very much accepted! :) )

-Look for a low population realm to start on

-Get "gathering" professions, i.e. Skinning, herbalism, mining

-Get first aid ASAP

-Sell uncommon and up items in the Auction House

-Be Horde

-Grinding quests are your friend

-Have fun

EDIT: ding 25 on my warlock

Edited by Sporkenstein

-Get first aid ASAP

-Sell uncommon and up items in the Auction House

-Grinding quests are your friend

Could I have some additional info on these? :)

Well you get Quests and you have to kill enemies in them, which give you exp. Those are great quests.

Selling items you get from defeating enemies even if it has no use to the vendor, can get you some money.

Get first aid, the skill, you use cloth to make bandages to heal yourself.

ANYWAYS, DING 59. 1 more!

Also did MC with my bro's guild weekly pug... Got tier 1 helmet, I outrolled another mage. :) :) :D I can't use it until 60 though. :P

I started WoW again, and I'm close to dinging 28 on my druid. :)

Well you get Quests and you have to kill enemies in them, which give you exp. Those are great quests.

Selling items you get from defeating enemies even if it has no use to the vendor, can get you some money.

Get first aid, the skill, you use cloth to make bandages to heal yourself.

Alright.

Can you find out if a quest is a grinding one before starting it, or do you realise it's a grinding quest once you are doing it?

If you read the quest log you should find out.

It should say(for example): Defias Highwaymen slain: 0/15

It would say that.

w00t! I just did that quest :)

Anyone know any good quests for a level 16 to get to lvl 19 fast? :)

~V

Alright, I would like some final help, thinkning you've got most covered:

What to pick!!!!!

I am trying to decide between these:

Alliance - Night Elf - Rogue - Female

Horde - Undead - Warlock - Male

Horde - Orc - Warrior - Male

And I would also like some help on the Realms thing.

I think it's best I don't start out with PvP, and the Roleplaying Realm sounds like fun, but should I stick to PvE?

What to pick!!!!!

I think it's best I don't start out with PvP, and the Roleplaying Realm sounds like fun, but should I stick to PvE?

PvE is a recommended for beginners. I did myself.

And... Pick all three. Although, I personally don't like Horde 'mself. Except Trolls. Troll = Pwnage Hunters :)

The realms... Well. I couldn't say. They will have recommended ones, but you could always join the ones we go to. I mainly use Shadowsong, but because it is suited for my area. Plus my teacher uses it. :)

I went on a bit of a crazy shopping day at the auction house, as I got 3 gold just for leading a level 42 Human warlock to the Tower of Azora from Goldshire! Haha!

Also, I baked some Gingerbread cookies for someone, when I went to trade, I forgot you had to drag. Well, there went 1 cookie. >_<

PS: Got all the holiday events done! I can only open two present boxes though. :D

Alright, Drok convinced me An undead Warlock was the best choice, so I settled for that. I'm also going for PvE, and for the realm, I'm going for Arcane's realm seeing as I'm european.

Edited by Zed Doomstar

I like mid pop realms and high pops best, after all, it's an MMO, why not see more people?

And Zed, I understand you like RPing. Role playing realms basically have you role play your character. You don't use leetspeak or gamer talk, you make a back story for your character. It's like you are the little dude on the screen. But if you're more of a gamer, go with a PvE or PvP realm. PvP just adds an extra risk of being attacked in a contested zone, not much more.

Warlocks rule, they're overpowered. As one guy on the official forums once said "Warlocks just pound on their keyboard and blow up the whole battleground" :). It's like, DoT (Damage over time spell) DoT, fear (Makes the enemy run frantically for 10 seconds, can't do anything while feared). So as they walk away feared, the curse and the flames and the shadows burn them, and your demon punches the hell out of them as well.

Don't try warriors. I got one to 16 as my first Horde char, it suxx'd. Your DPS isn't that great, and warriors are underpowered. Druids in bear form can pretty much take the spot of a warrior. Hell, druids can do everything! Good healing in tree form, good dps and stealth in cat form, good tanking in bear form, ugh.

I'd reroll a warlock if I wasn't this far as a shaman. I kinda like shammies better anyways.

Installing as I type! I've never been so excited over a game before! :P

I can't wait to start! :P

EDIT: Installed the game, and every time I click Play, the game takes me to the log in screen, I try to log in (Yes, I've already made an acount) and it keeps telling me: "World Of Warcraft has succesfully updated! Press the Restart button to restart World Of Warcraft!" It's the only button, so I have to click it, and then it just takes me to a downloading screen over and over again. :xd:

Edited by Zed Doomstar

You have to download those patches before you can play :P Good luck lol. Ding level 10 on my priest that I made last night, forgot to post that. Undead Priest on Azshara if anyone wants to join me :P

Lol, spent an entire day already downloading and installing. Maybe I can start playing in a week. :blink:

EDIT: Woot did some gaming!

Goreshade, lvl 3 Undead Warlock :box:

So I'm gathering some stuff for a quest ATM, and passivly looking for the First-Aid teacher, can't seem to find him/her.

Edited by Zed Doomstar

What to pick!!!!!

PvP realms aren't too bad untill level 30 when you hit the large bulk of contested territory. Don't be a carebear go to a PvP realm!

Out of those I'd say take the warrior or the warlock. Everyone normally wants a warrior for instances and warlocks are great at PvP considering you know how to use them.

I like mid pop realms and high pops best, after all, it's an MMO, why not see more people?

And Zed, I understand you like RPing. Role playing realms basically have you role play your character. You don't use leetspeak or gamer talk, you make a back story for your character. It's like you are the little dude on the screen. But if you're more of a gamer, go with a PvE or PvP realm. PvP just adds an extra risk of being attacked in a contested zone, not much more.

Warlocks rule, they're overpowered. As one guy on the official forums once said "Warlocks just pound on their keyboard and blow up the whole battleground" :blink:. It's like, DoT (Damage over time spell) DoT, fear (Makes the enemy run frantically for 10 seconds, can't do anything while feared). So as they walk away feared, the curse and the flames and the shadows burn them, and your demon punches the hell out of them as well.

Don't try warriors. I got one to 16 as my first Horde char, it suxx'd. Your DPS isn't that great, and warriors are underpowered. Druids in bear form can pretty much take the spot of a warrior. Hell, druids can do everything! Good healing in tree form, good dps and stealth in cat form, good tanking in bear form, ugh.

I'd reroll a warlock if I wasn't this far as a shaman. I kinda like shammies better anyways.

A little while before I started playing warlocks were as gimp as you could get worse then Druids even.

Druids can't heal 5 mans without a paladin/shaman/priest and if theres a paladin/shaman/priest they shouldn't be healing anyway since more often then not the Palidin/shaman/priest is better at it. Feral tanks have 1 problem and thats migtation insanely high armor just doesn't cut it compared to parry and block.

Don't even get me started about tree form theres no sane Druid that would take it. The best thing to look forward to about it was /dancing in Ironforge but we can't even do that with it. Tree form blocks our best heal and lets us use a already insanely mana efficient heal over time (Rejuv) with even more mana efficiency but its still not as good as downgraded forms of Healing Touch. Then there is regrowth which is still not mana efficient. Lifebloom might be better we'll find out with expansion I suppose. As far as i and the rest of the Druid community know Tree Form HURTS your ability to heal.

Edited by Raz

Zed, the First Aid trainer you'll first meet as an Undead character is in the Inn in the town of Brill (you'll get there at level 4-6). She is the first character you'll see in the In,, i think her name is "Nurse [something]" but i could be wrong.

Ugh.. the Background Downloader won't work. :blink: It stopped at like 3% and just won't do anything.

Zed, the First Aid trainer you'll first meet as an Undead character is in the Inn in the town of Brill (you'll get there at level 4-6). She is the first character you'll see in the In,, i think her name is "Nurse [something]" but i could be wrong.

Oh, thanks Gutter! :blink:

About professions, I heard skinning is a must. Should I concentrate on it early?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.