Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
redhairgoku

Swan Song!

SWAN SONG QUEST GUIDE!

Text and Images by Redhairgoku

Members or F2p? Members only!

Requirements: One Small Favour, 100 Quest points, Garden of Tranquility, level 66 magic, 62 cooking, 45 smithing, 40 crafting, 42 firemaking, 62 fishing.

Useful: 23 Runecrafting, 43+ prayer and 100+ Combat or high range level to fight level 170 monster, charged glory, grand tree quest completed (for gliders) and tree gnome village (for spirit tree)

Range the monster as it uses both magic and melee. Prayer pots recommended.

Items Needed :

50gp for boat trip. (or free with ring of charos (u))

5 blood runes.

10 lava runes.

10 mist runes.

(the above runes can be purchased at the mage training area north of the duel arena)

1 log.

5 iron bars.

Hammer.

Pot.

Pot Lid.

Tinderbox.

7 Normal Bones.

Starting place: The Piscatoris Fishing Colony (north-west of the Gnome Stronghold). To get there take a boat which can be found in the river just west of the Gnome Stronghold.

Start: Talk to Herman Caranos to start

map39md.png

1. Go To Gnome Stronghold. Exit it and go all the west, walking along the fence. Then go north, still walking along the fence. Soon you will come to two people (looking like beggers). Ask them to go up north. Pay them 50gp and go.

boat9rh.png

2. As soon as you get off the boat, you should see Herman Caranos near the fence and near a hole. Talk to him. He will tell that his fishing colony is being attacked by sea-dwelling trolls and they are feading on monk fishes. Agree to help him. He will tell you to go to Wise Old Man. You will see the first cut scene with him in it defeating Kalphite Queen, Ogre Shamans..

queststart6xp.png

3. Go to the Wise old man in Draynor. Ask him for help and he will agree. He says, it will be his last adventure. He will ask for 5 blood runes, 10 lava runes and 10 mist runes before leaving. Give him the runes, and he will meet you at the colony.

4. Back to the colony. Wise old man will be where Herman was. He will tell you to enter the colony.

hole3bj.png

5. Go in the hole. Here you will fight 6 sea trolls (level 79!) Be prepared. A cut scene here. Old man will fight with you hitting 30s!

trolls4st.png

6. Once you kill them go inside and look for Herman. Talk to Franklin in front of the gate, and he will tell you that Herman is on the east side of the colony.

frank7mo.png

map7or.png

7. You will ask for reward now, but not yet. Herman will tell you to help out his brother, Franklin, and Arnold.

8. Go back to Franklin, and he will tell you that trolls smashed the western wall of the colony. He will ask for 5 sheets of iron to patch it.

9. Go to the furnace room, right beside him and use your log on the Heavy Metal Press.

press5nn.png

ironhot6tj.png

Now put in your iron bars. They will be turned into Iron sheets.

10. Now to fix the broken sections. Go all the west, and use your sheets on the broken wall. All 5 walls, should be beside each other. After head back to Frank to finish it up.

walls6yo.png

arnold4ud.png

11. Now for Arnold. Go to the general store where you will find him. He will tell you that they are out of food. He will tell you to fish fresh Monkfish. He will tell you to go to North-west corner to fish them. He will give you a net to fish them. HE WILL NOT ACCEPT OLD FISHES!

map24yk.png

12. Start fishing at the fishing spot. When your fishing, sea trolls (69, 87, 101 ) will attack you.

Left Monkfish is cooked while the other is raw

monkfish0yt.png

1016ac.png

13. After you fish them, go to the range in south west corner, and start cooking.

range3eh.png

14. After you cook them all go back to Arnold. He will tell thank you and tell you to go to Herman. Go back to Herman.

15. Herman and Old man have a plan now. It is to gather up all their forces and to have a one big fight. Problem is their army is on vacation! So we have to gather them up now. They will tell you to go see Wizard Frumscone in Yanille.

16. Go to Yanille. Go to the basement of the Magic guildhttp://runescape.salmoneus.net/cities/falador.html" target="_blank"> with zombies and you should see him. He will say he cant lend you his zombies. He will tell you that he knows a man who is a necromancer. Agree to go to the necromancer. He will tell you to speak to Malignius Mortifier, found south of falador.

wiz2kp.png

17. Maginus can be found just south of air temple where earth and air wizards are. Talk to him when you find him. He will agree to help. He will ask for 7 normal bones. Give them to him. He will say you need something to carry bone seeds in. He will tell you to go to crafting guild and will give you a brown apron to enter.

necro0il.png

18. Once in the crafting guild, talk to a master crafter (the one on the east). He will tell you that you need a pot with a lid. Also, he will tell you to chill out.

19. Back to the necromancer. He will put the seeds in your pot and seal them. Then he will teleport you to the colony.

DO NOT GO WITHOUT FOOD OR ARMOUR!!

20. Go inside the hole and through the gate to Herman. Give the bone seeds to Herman. They will ask you to fight too. So be ready! Lots of awesome cutscenes, and damages! As soon as the cutscene ends fight begans.

Army: war18rd.png

War: war48rp.png

General: war29so.png

170: war33xv.png

21. After you kill the monster, you can see people there and skeleton mages. Go back to Herman to get your reward.

reward0dx.png

Edited by redhairgoku

ill help as much as i can, i cant actually do the quest but my mate is.

~ JD

Good luck, be sure to include plenty of pictures! :box:

i made a location bit from the world map, i dont know if the start point is in the correct place but i think it is, if it isnt someone tell me where to put it and ill remake it.

mapthingymajiggymadoodoo6jf.png

ill get more when i can.

~ JD

Just a quick note for the image, Sir Hasif, even though it's easy to replicate, it's probably a good idea to put something to the effect of "Made for Sal's Realm" on it. Makes it a tad harder for image rippers to steal it. :box:

Don't make the pictures like that..

It's annoying.

Looks good grammatically, as well as content!

~Mole

2. As soon as you get off the boat, you should see Herman Caranos near the fence and near a hole. Talk to him. He will tell that his fishing colony is being attacked by sea-dwelling trolls and they are feading on monk fishes. Agree to help him. He will tell you to go to Wise Old Man. You will see the first cut scene with him in it defeating Kalphite Queen, Qgre Shamans..

Should be Ogre Shamans. ( I think you put a 'Q')

Edited by Magic Star94

Where's the text for the last part? It just says bring a lot of food, and has some pictures...

Looks great rhg. I like the white effect on the pictures.

Looks great rhg. I like the white effect on the pictures.

I like the effect too! :lol: It looks like mysterious-type fog which is great for this quest since the WOM is so mysterious. Nice job RHG. :P

you should put the little bits before the colons (like "Requirements:") in a different colour to white, they are hard to read.

good guide.

~ JD

ps: soz bout that map, i didnt really have much time to do anything :P

ok, nice guide dude.

~ JD

edit: and maybe you could add a little map with the location of the fishing place, and put it after the rewards bit so people know where it is.

Edited by Sir Hasif

ok, nice guide dude.

~ JD

edit: and maybe you could add a little map with the location of the fishing place, and put it after the rewards bit so people know where it is.

I dunno if u can walk to the colony..i think u must take a boat mayb not in the map.

ok, and wow that was a quick reply, you aint even on the topic lol!!

~ JD

Wow its finshed

Great guide

Im looking forward for it to go on the site

But why did you make the pictures like that?

they look fuzzy

Your map's still totally wrong.

The boat is where the red dot on this map is.

bettermap1an.jpg

Edited by Thomas154321

Just for the record, monkfish heal 16 hp. Excellent guide, good work!

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.