Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
millerandrew

Merchanting Guide

Maybe we could just make my whole guide into a more advanced guide... I would really like to get it up on the site though...

Yeah thats what I meant. So for example, you remove the feather & other part merchanting guide and add it to mine with a big special thanks and you add some more phats and rares to your guide and make it advaned? I can get Sal to always update my guide when I need through the PM system :)

Add this to your guide if you want.

A way of making alot of money requiring alot of patience is the obby maul method. You have to go to a members world - preferably a busy one and buy 40 obsidian mauls for 100k each then you have to go to tzhaar city and sell all of the mauls which sell for 7500 tokkul each. Once you have done that you can buy a fury amulet from the same place and sell it for 4.2 mil - 4.3 mil which is a good way of making 1.2 - 1.3 mil except it may take a few days depending on your luck.

Edited by morfius

very nice guide. its somewhat more user friendly than the one already on this sight (no offense) but i do agree that it could be added on to the original. i was happy to see the santa hat merchanting bit because someday i plan to have that much money and will also be way to lazy at that point to actually work at making any more. :D

Hmmm Well I may add it to his... but i was thinking about making a "Professional Merchanting Guide" or something along that line. I'm also making the final spell check and grammer check (well my parents are). It will be perfect by tommarow. Hopefully then Sal can check it out..

The reason you want to buy at a F2P world is because these people normally are newbs therefore don't have a very good idea on what most items sell for.

That is a bad stereotype. I dont like it. Maybe put something like: The reason you should buy in a F2P world is because many of the items in F2P are worth a lot more in P2P.

Now go to the official runescape forum or a populated world and sell them for 20 gp each.

Should be capitalized, it is a proper noun.

Location to buy: Buy at Al Karhid bank in a populated F2P world

Should be Al Kharid.

What to do: Head to Al Karhid bank (in a populated F2P world) with 150k +.

Once again, it should be Al Kharid.

Location to buy: Buy at any populated bank (I would prefer Varrok West bank World 1)

Should be spelled Varrock.

Go to Varrok west bank or any bank that is populated in a populated (F2P) world and type "Buying bronze arrows 10 gp each!!!".

Once again, it is spelled Varrock.

What to do: Merchanting Santa hats should only be done if you have 5 million + GP, in other words if you're poor you can't do this.

Should be Santa Hats, both words need to be capitalized, it is a proper noun.

First off, go to either the member's forum or Varrok west bank. Try to buy a Santa hat for 4-5 Million GP, after you have one try to sell it from 6 - 10 Million GP on the forums, or at Varrok west bank. This is a GREAT merchant item because with just merchanting 1 item you can make millions of GP. However you may find that few people have a santa hat because they're very expensive and nearly extinct (That's why they are so expensive in the first place).

Spell Varrock right.

Should be Santa Hat.

Should be Santa Hat again.

Location to buy: If you're a member buy on the forums, if not buy at varrok west bank. (Same as Santa Hats)

Capitalize and spell it right, Varrock.

First, buy one from the forums or Varrok west bank for 70-80 Million GP.

Should be Varrock.

Location to buy: If you're a member buy on the forums, if not buy at varrok west bank.

Should be Varrock

I found a lot of corrections. If you are ever going to make another Runescape guide, learn how to spell the cities and towns names. Also, I dont know if I found all of the varroks and al karhid, so go through and make sure you change them to Varrock and Al Kharid. Other than that, good guide!

~Mole

Nice, maybe add a bit about merchanting the different colour halloween masks, i see a lot of people doing this.

masks0fi.png

[IMG=http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/9342/masks0fi.png]

Ask if you want info about prices, where to sell/buy and other stuff :P

~ JD

I'll make the guide certainly but could I possibly have a picture of varrok square and a transparient pic of halloween masks. thanks

change the santa one no one will sell a santa for 4mil in world 1 :P

but the other things are accurate i think good job on guide i'll might use it in the near future

Edited by 5t0n3c0l12

I'll make the guide certainly but could I possibly have a picture of varrok square and a transparient pic of halloween masks. thanks

What do you mean? ill also PM you some info on what to put for the masks if you need it :P

~ JD

I mean I'll make the hallowen part of the guide if you someone gets me the map and transparent images.

Ok, so you want me to get a map of.......................where? varrock west bank?

I cant transparentise pictures, i dont have the required programs :box:

~ JD

I really like this guide, generally I make my money from runecrafting but I saw this guide, tried my hand at merchanting and Im hooked! Currently merchanting steel bars, moving on to Santa Hats next!

I've just got a couple of things to say:

1. We already have one of these on the site.

2. 10 seconds? Just take as long as you want, as long as you read it all.

3. Us f2p's aren't noobs, the fact is about half of us can't afford it and the other half, level 3 REAL noobs (depending on if the've played before and are making a second account) need to get their stats up before they actually try to get members. The other half (three halfs yay!) just can't be stuffed doing a thing about it.

4. You don't need to merchant feathers. As you're saying, you can buy feathers for 5 coins and sell them for 14, netting a profit if 9 coins per feather. Chickens are level 2 (I think :pirate2: ) and can be eaisily killed without losing health. Sell the feathers yourself and that's a profit of 14 coins per feather. It's the slowER (emphasise the "er") way, but your profit will catch up to your time if you have a weapon mithril or above.

Apart from all this, good guide. I'll use it, as well as the one already on the site. Se which one's faster :pirate2::pirate2::pirate2::pirate2::pirate2::pirate2::pirate2::pirate2:

I dont really catch out to what your saying, If your saying just kill the chickens your self then I believe your kind of wrong because in about an hour of buying for 5 ea. you can get 50k feathres, however from killing them you get like 5k an hour.

Soo... If you buy you will make a 400k Profit

If you kill, you'll make a 65k Profit, big difference. And what do you mean by 10 seconds??

Also this one is alot different then the other merchanting guide and in my eyes I think its beter.. But sure w\e you think.

Might I suggest herb merchanting?

Just get 11 stacks of unids from chaos druids, buy all unids 11 stacks from world two, 1k each.

Then sell them at forums 1.5k each.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.