Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
felinoel

The Guide To Gods And Demigods

Viggora has told me about the way it was done. And for the other part, it's simple: Zamorak gained immortality, and Zaros cast a spell that took effect when those cursed died. It obviously couldn't take effect if someone was immortal.

Edited by mpb219

Zamorak IS a god. The Curse that Zaros cast upon the people that brought about his downfall DID work on Zamorak, but since Zamorak is immortal, he can never die, so the curse can never affect him.
Not proven.
indeed for truely, just about nothing we know of the deities and demigods is proven, except for a few things

Zamorak did not exactly sneak up on Zaros... He took a load of loyal, powerful, followers (dragon riders, mahjarrat, vampires), and just ran it and attacked Zaros.
Prove this also.
what exactly happened is unknown, all we know are rumors from those who were there who could also be lieing, and old tales from those who wernt there

@mpb

i do believe the curse is the immortality, this is just my opinion but being cursed with immortality isnt a good thing, anyways i think zaros cursed zamorak with immortality so when zaros returns (if he returns), then zaros will be able to take revenge on zamorak

Edited by felinoel

The curse was to live forever after you die, powerless to do anything. But like I said, it takes effect AFTER death. The immortality and other powers came from the power channeled along the staff from Zaros to Zamorak.

The curse was to live forever after you die, powerless to do anything. But like I said, it takes effect AFTER death. The immortality and other powers came from the power channeled along the staff from Zaros to Zamorak.

actually i believe this is the story the ghost riders give, but other people give different stories

Exactley. Zaros' curse details not finding rest after death. So if Zamorak wasen't killed then, and the curse triggered, how else do you explain his immortality? Because you can't prove the staff theory. Or can you? If you can please do.

Exactley. Zaros' curse details not finding rest after death. So if Zamorak wasen't killed then, and the curse triggered, how else do you explain his immortality? Because you can't prove the staff theory. Or can you? If you can please do.

nor can you prove that the curse was not being able to find rest after death

Well done, you have improved ALOT on your prevouis attempt.

Actually, I think it is that... but, I'll get you your proof. It's specifically what Viggora says, and he was there... I'm sure there's a screenshot of it somewhere on the WWW.

Well done, you have improved ALOT on your prevouis attempt.

my previous attempt? do you mean this?

http://holymonks.8k.com/custom3.html

Actually, I think it is that... but, I'll get you your proof. It's specifically what Viggora says, and he was there... I'm sure there's a screenshot of it somewhere on the WWW.

viggora may have been there, but how do we know viggora is telling the truth, or maybe viggora has forgotten it, it has been quite a while

Edited by felinoel

Here is a third-personified version of the account by Viggora the Warrior of the fall of Zaros the Empty Lord:

The rebels, under General Zamorak, got a boost when an adventurer discovered the Staff of Armadyl, a powerful god-weapon. This plunged the forces of Saradomin into chaos. If Zaros was to obtain this weapon, he would be able to destroy all the other gods combined. The spymaster of the spy Lennissa decided to not tell Saradomin of the discovery and instead cast a spell to hide the Staff of Armadyl from the sense of other gods. If it was to be used in battle, other gods would sense it immediately. The plan was for Zamorak to destroy Zaros using the Staff of Armadyl and the Saradomin spies were to allow this. Lucien was already aware that Lennissa was a spy anyway.

When the rebels struck, the battle raged as a war. The extremely powerful Azzanadra, perhaps the most powerful Mahjarrat, exceeding even Zamorak in power, remained allied to Zaros and the majority of the rebels were busy with him and his forces. Out of the chaos of battle emerged Zamorak and Zaros. Zamorak, a war unto himself, had somehow managed to embed the Staff of Armadyl into the back of Zaros but things were looking bleak for the rebels as even the rage of Zamorak's attacks seemed not to harm their Lord. Then, moments before he would surely have been killed, Zamorak managed to push Zaros over...Impaling them both on the Staff of Armadyl. This caused Zaros to fade from existance, a portion of his power transferred to Zamorak, who was now a god.

The other gods immediately banished Zamorak for destroying one of their kind. The humans who'd been implicated in the plot found themselves cursed to roam as invisible, unheard ghosts which only the recent discovery of the Ring of Visibility has allowed adventurers to realise they exist.

For his part, Zaros was removed from the world in a sort of exile. However, words have power. Saradomin and his followers in particular will never mention the name "Zaros", instead using the name "Empty Lord", as the mere mention of his name could give him an avenue back to the lands. Guthix has said that he would not allow this, however.

Wow, You've put alot of effort into this, I hope it gets put into the site. :blink:

cool thanks

The rebels, under General Zamorak, got a boost when an adventurer discovered the Staff of Armadyl, a powerful god-weapon. This plunged the forces of Saradomin into chaos. If Zaros was to obtain this weapon, he would be able to destroy all the other gods combined. The spymaster of the spy Lennissa decided to not tell Saradomin of the discovery and instead cast a spell to hide the Staff of Armadyl from the sense of other gods. If it was to be used in battle, other gods would sense it immediately. The plan was for Zamorak to destroy Zaros using the Staff of Armadyl and the Saradomin spies were to allow this. Lucien was already aware that Lennissa was a spy anyway.
XD zed says it was zamorak who hid the power, what does zed have to say for himself?

When the rebels struck, the battle raged as a war. The extremely powerful Azzanadra, perhaps the most powerful Mahjarrat, exceeding even Zamorak in power, remained allied to Zaros and the majority of the rebels were busy with him and his forces. Out of the chaos of battle emerged Zamorak and Zaros. Zamorak, a war unto himself, had somehow managed to embed the Staff of Armadyl into the back of Zaros but things were looking bleak for the rebels as even the rage of Zamorak's attacks seemed not to harm their Lord. Then, moments before he would surely have been killed, Zamorak managed to push Zaros over...Impaling them both on the Staff of Armadyl. This caused Zaros to fade from existance, a portion of his power transferred to Zamorak, who was now a god.
who was viggora again? i mean who's side was viggora on?

The other gods immediately banished Zamorak for destroying one of their kind. The humans who'd been implicated in the plot found themselves cursed to roam as invisible, unheard ghosts which only the recent discovery of the Ring of Visibility has allowed adventurers to realise they exist.
that would explain why he is in another realm for the mourners to try to free him from

For his part, Zaros was removed from the world in a sort of exile. However, words have power. Saradomin and his followers in particular will never mention the name "Zaros", instead using the name "Empty Lord", as the mere mention of his name could give him an avenue back to the lands. Guthix has said that he would not allow this, however.
the Wise Old Man says 'Zaros', he says it in an angry way but he still says it

this is all interesting, but it is too much info for the guide

Edited by felinoel

Yes, I don't know why Zed acts like he knows more about it than me, considering I've done the miniquest and he hasn't... Viggora was a human in the army of Zamorak, the only human powerful enough to be in Zamorak's personal bodyguard. I have reason to believe, however, that his account is not biased, because he is probably pretty ticked at Zamorak right now, so at least it isn't biased in Zammy's favor.

Yes, I don't know why Zed acts like he knows more about it than me, considering I've done the miniquest and he hasn't... Viggora was a human in the army of Zamorak, the only human powerful enough to be in Zamorak's personal bodyguard. I have reason to believe, however, that his account is not biased, because he is probably pretty ticked at Zamorak right now, so at least it isn't biased in Zammy's favor.

so then he is biased againbst zamorak, thats still being biased

One mistake you made is calling Guthix "He" Guthix is genderless.

well i didnt feel like calling guthix an it, if someone wants me to i guess i will

Ikov stuff: WE already know Saradomin and Armadyl were at least associates, if not allies, because Saradomin mentions it in a god letter. I dunno where you get the idea that Ikov is Saradomin's son, so no comment on that. And you still haven't changed the Kendal thing... Also, you may want to mention that the symbol on Iban's robes looks like a Symbol of Zamorak.

Ikov stuff: WE already know Saradomin and Armadyl were at least associates, if not allies, because Saradomin mentions it in a god letter. I dunno where you get the idea that Ikov is Saradomin's son, so no comment on that. And you still haven't changed the Kendal thing... Also, you may want to mention that the symbol on Iban's robes looks like a Symbol of Zamorak.

i dont particularly remember that letter, which one was it?

i got the idea from rumors and such, some time ages ago when i was first learning about the gods (a VERY long time ago) i was told that people think he is the son of Saradomin, i think it is because of iban, and how iban's rival 'must' be ikov, but idk, i doubt ikov really is a demigod, there is just too few demigods......

whats wrong with kendal?

naw i show a pic of the symbol from iban's robes in his second life, next to the question mark pic where his headshot should go, if people cant notice it is simmilar, then i dont know....

Guthix is considered to be the god of nature and balance. Guthix is genderless,thus totally balancing the boy/girl characteristics.
Male/female sounds better IMO. :mad:

The Statuette IPB Image and Elidnis Robes IPB Image could symbolize Elidnis as well..

Three periods or one.

the sheer power of his darkness radiating through them, and to become zombies, no emoton, feelings, or even a care.

Emotion.

Nice guide Fel ;) Although 1 don't turn this into the Sage's forum :P and 2, there are also red menaphite robes.

Edited by FerdyisGreat

Guthix is considered to be the god of nature and balance. Guthix is genderless,thus totally balancing the boy/girl characteristics.

Male/female sounds better IMO.

if the people prefer it like that, then i will change it as so

The Statuette IPB Image and Elidnis Robes IPB Image could symbolize Elidnis as well..

Three periods or one.

i will check the grammer of everything once i am done collecting info

the sheer power of his darkness radiating through them, and to become zombies, no emoton, feelings, or even a care.

Emotion.

i will check the spelling of everything once i am done collecting info

Nice guide Fel Although 1 don't turn this into the Sage's forum and 2, there are also red menaphite robes.
1) why not?

2) there are? :xd: when did that happen? back when those robes first came out there was only purple, no wonder i couldnt find those robes anywhere, they were the red and purple sets that i had found

Edited by felinoel

XD zed says it was zamorak who hid the power, what does zed have to say for himself?
Where have i ever said that?

How do I act like I know more than you? :P What makes you think he is ticked of at Zamorak?

How am I biased against Zamorak? :P

Where have i ever said that?

about a month or so ago, at the sages

How am I biased against Zamorak? :blink:

idk thats what it appears from what is being said here

His few followers are the Armadyl Guardians who guard Armadyl's Stff

That is supposed to be Staff.

Edited by Runite Man5

His few followers are the Armadyl Guardians who guard Armadyl's Stff

That is supposed to be Staff.

again i say that i will spellchack it after i finish it, but thanks anyways

How am I biased against Zamorak? <_<

Zed, they were talking about whoever was giving the story, not you.

How am I biased against Zamorak? ^_^

Zed, they were talking about whoever was giving the story, not you.

i was confused about that

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.