Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
reepicheep

The Best Freeware Games Of All Time

http://www.urbandead.com/ is the best free MMO ever. Basically, you are either a survivor, scientist, soldier, law enforcement official, or corpse inside the city of Malton. A mysterious virus has spread through the populance, and the area has been quarantined. You can either wipe out the zombie menace or help the undead reclaim the city as their own...Sure, the graphics stink like a waste treatment plant, but the game's fun! (I'm Sam 2334 there, too.)

Trackmania: Nations isn't freeware, it's retail price for just 2 months.

Anyone mention PAWN yet? Bit of a problem with hacking, but the game is solid. PAWN

Edited by Mohorak

I Wanna Be The Guy

Just you try to beat it. I JUST DARE YOU.

Arrow keys to move, Shift key to jump, Z to fire at save points to activ8 them

I Wanna Be The Guy

No.. don't let them do this. It killed my life. And I didn't even complete the first boss! Oh god.. no..

Another awesome, free game is Gang Garrison 2. It's TF2 rebuilt as a 2D sidescroller.

Well if you want a game like COD but a little different that is free and a large MMO

AVA (alliance of valiant arms) is good for that

It was released as a korean game I think, but it seems a lot like call of duty for being so

The graphics are pretty nice for a f2p game, and there is no trial period or restrictions. There are macro-transactions, but they are only for customized guns that are not really better than the others they are just historic (STG is one of them). And the macro-transaction weapons are in kind of a lottery thing, so not a lot of people have the historic guns.

There are three classes that you can choose from: point man (close range), rifle (med range), and sniper (long range). The classes are pretty flexible, as you can use a good variety of gun types in damage, magazine length, recoil, etc. For point man, you can choose between a smg or a shotgun.

The guns in the game have very realistic recoil and reload, which I think is an improvement from COD. The recoil takes a little getting used to.

Its on steam's new Free to play section (might still be featured), and it is one of Ijji's games. While I usually hate Ijji, this game is pretty good due to their partnership with Steam on it. Heres a link to steam's hosting page:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/102700/

Some screenies:

alliance-of-valiant-arms-ava.jpg

ae14540e84a537284c8db6c80ecef799b1a6daff_large.jpg

alliance-of-valiant-arms-tank.jpg

Also, another good game that is free but not a mmo is Captain Forever

Its somewhat of a cult game, and if you have played void hunters it will seem oddly familiar as Jagex based void hunters off of it.

game: http://www.captainforever.com/captainforever.php

EDIT: Also, that battle for welsnoth game is really fun! and it is another game that jagex based its games off of lol

Didnt expect it to be the way it is

Edited by Daaryl

I Wanna Be The Guy

No.. don't let them do this. It killed my life. And I didn't even complete the first boss! Oh god.. no..

Some seniors in science olympiad played this game all day when we were at tourneys

I dont get it really, seems boring. They got pretty far too

And if you want fun flash games,

http://www.games.seantcooper.com/ is a good indie flash dev

is most famous work is Boxhead, which is a zombie killing arena flash game with an added twist: Devils that can shoot fire very fast

he also made wOne, that wheel spinning game that is popular on addicting games

EDIt: I thought the forum auto merges now? wtf

Well at least it does in General chat....

Edited by Daaryl

Dark Orbit? Is that not on the list?

Its OK, but not very newbie-friendly.

No it's not... :D still a fun enough game though

I guess it's safe to add TF2 to this?

Awww i was gonna suggest that :(

Also WOW Cataclysm is free now, up until level 20.

Also WOW Cataclysm is free now, up until level 20.

its still a trial game imo, and it shouldnt be...

the average player will probably spend 3-6 days going from 1-20, and the rest will not be free.

For an MMO, might I suggest Perfect World. It is a very polished F2P MMO. Very good graphics, awesome gameplay, numerous quests, and really not much hacking going on as far as I'm aware. I would recommend the game to anyone here, considering it is similar to RuneScape.

http://perfectworld.com

Yea i agree on this, perfect world is really awesome. It does have some of the best graphics I've ever seen for a MMO, music and beautiful scenery combined makes this game awesome and worth it to play, and I've only just started two weeks ago :(

For an MMO, might I suggest Perfect World. It is a very polished F2P MMO. Very good graphics, awesome gameplay, numerous quests, and really not much hacking going on as far as I'm aware. I would recommend the game to anyone here, considering it is similar to RuneScape.

Yea i agree on this, perfect world is really awesome. It does have some of the best graphics I've ever seen for a MMO, music and beautiful scenery combined makes this game awesome and worth it to play, and I've only just started two weeks ago :(

1) wow whatabump

2) Yeah add perfect world, it is x2000 better then wow, and it pretty much 98% f2p.

1) wow whatabump

2) Yeah add perfect world, it is x2000 better then wow, and it pretty much 98% f2p.

Not sure how you can bump a topic that is stuck to the top of the section.

Is Cube good? ohmy.png It seems good!

Cube is actually a pretty fun game. I played about 1 hour of it. Addicting :P

Hi guys, I've now taken over this thread. Rather than keep it the way Beret did (which was very high maintenance), I have elected to instead outsource the information to other sites which will do a far better job of explaining. If anybody has suggestions for good sites, please post them here or PM me!

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.