Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MRC

Fairy Ring Teleportation Network

- This guide is complete and waiting Sal's Approval.

- Suggestions and improvements are still appreciated.

- Comments on this guide are appreciated as this is my first guide and I am trying to make it perfect.

A Guide to Fairy Rings

Written By: Mrcsupertrain.

Special Thanks to Dissentor, Neo Avatars, Albert20065xp, Jgingrey, Gardner, and Warren.

WHAT ARE FAIRY RINGS?

Fairy rings are a new way of teleportation, probably one of the largest teleportation network. It was introduced on July 11, 2006 in a new quest. You will find yourself with the ability to teleport to useful places you couldn't before, such as TzHaar, the legends guild, Miscellania, Canifis, and even near the lair of the almighty Kaliphate Queen!

ACCESS TO FAIRY RINGS:

The Fairy rings are used in Fairy Tale Part 2: Cure a Queen, but like I have stated above, they can be used to teleport to other locations. Completion of the quest is NOT required. You just need to start the quest (you do not need the skill requirements, but you do need the quest requirements) and get permission from the Fairy Godfather to use them. You can use fairy rings as many times as you want, there is nothing to charge or pay for.

USING FAIRY RINGS:

Using the rings is actually quite simple. Around Runescape are multiple rings that look like this:

1FairyRing.png

Rings you find outside of Zanaris will simply teleport you to the main and most powerful fairy ring in Zanaris, which is located southeast of the bank. This ring can teleport you to any other fairy ring around Runescape. You also need to have your Dramen Staff or Lunar Staff equipped when you use them or you will not be taken anywhere.

When you click on it to activate it a ring, a 3 mushroom controller pop up.

2FairyRingCombination.png

Each controller has 4 letters assigned with it. Clicking on a mushroom will rotate the letter clockwise. However, you cannot turn it counterclockwise, which uses up a bit more time. You can make many combinations from these mushrooms, and click the teleport button to go the location you desire.

FAIRY RING LOCATIONS:

Below are the many locations where these fairy rings can take you.

"A" COORDINATES

Combination: AIQ

5MudskipperPoint.png

Combination: AIR

Location: A deserted Island (East of Necromancer Tower). It is useless, nothing to do here.

6NecromaneerTower.png

Combination: AJR

10SlayerCaves.png

Combination: AJS

Location: Penguin Isle! A small island by Miscellania with little level 2 penguins!

9PenguinIsland.png

Combination: AKS

8FeldipHills.png

Combination: ALR

Location: A New Abyss area, containing all abyssal monsters including the Abyssal Demons. The demons are not aggressive, but the monsters are, unless your combat level is twice as high as them plus 1. You are NOT skulled and your prayer is NOT drained. There is no way to access the Runecrafting portals. In this area you can kill the monsters for pouches too.

7AbyssalArea-1.png

4NewAbyss4.png

Combination: ALS

McGruborWoods.png

"B" COORDINATES

Combination: BIP

Location: An Island in the river salve. It is by the Nature Spirit alter, but you cannot get to it. Again, nothing useless island just for scenery.

12NatureSpirit.png

Combination: BIQ

Location: In the desert, near the Kalphite Lair. Close by are some Ugthanki and Desert Wolves. Remember to bring Waterskins, or you will start dying of thirst.

13Desert-Kaliphite.png

Combination: BIS

Location: In the Ardougne zoo, with unicorns. Not that pointless, it’s got unicorns. You’re also caged, so you cannot get out any other way except the fairy ring or teleportation.

14Unicorns.png

Combination: BJR

Location: This is the fisher kings realm. It is used in The Holy Grail quest. I already completed the quest, so I would say that you cannot use this combination until you finish the quest.

15FisherKing.png

Combination: BKP

Location: This ring is south of castle wars in Chompy hunting swamp.

16Chompy.png

Combination: BKQ

Location: This is a new area. It is called the eternal forest, or "new forest". At the moment it has no specific name. Here you can find Centaurs, stags, and rabbits. Also, you will ALWAYS get a tree spirit random event if you try and chop the ancient pine trees. And there is a person named Wood Dryad who you can talk to. More information can be found in Warren's New Forest Guide..

17EternalForest.png

EternalForestwarren.png

EternalForestpix.png

Combination: BKR

18Swamp.png

Combination: BLP

Location: A southern part of TzHaar. You can still get to everyone else in TzHaar.

19TzHaar.png

Combination: BLR

20Legends.png

"C" COORDINATES

Combination: CIP

23Miscellania.png

Combination: CIQ

Location: South of the Tree Gnome Village, from the Tree Gnome Village quest. This ring is also a short walk away from the entrance to Yanille.

24GnomeVillage.png

Combination: CJR

Location: This ring is in the big yard of Maple trees near the Sinclair Mansion.

25SinclairMansion.png

Combination: CKP

Location: This is a new area which is used in the Fairy Tale Part 2: Cure a Queen quest. You can find starflowers here and you can talk to a cosmic being.

26HigherPlanes.png

2ggg1TheHigherPlanes.png

22Hicosmicbeing.png

Combination: CKR

Location: Northwest of Shilo Village by the Karambwanji fishing spot. This ring is very useful and fast for crafting nature runes, as the alter is a few steps and you can use the Zanaris bank to store and withdraw natures and essence.

27Shilo.png

Combination: CKS

28Canafis.png

Combination: CLP

Location: A small island near Draynor village. It is useless with nothing to do.

29WizardTowerIsle.png

Combination: CLS

Location: Gnome Hazelmere’s house, from The Grand Tree quest. It is also near Yanille, just a short walk away.

30GnomeHouse.png

"D" COORDINATES

Combination: DIR

Location: Home of Goraks and Cloud Banks. This area is used in the Fairy Tale Part 2: Cure a Queen quest. Protect prayers do not work. You can turn them on, but they can still hit through your prayer. The cloud banks are a safety area. Goraks cannot attack you from inside. Goraks are level 145 and drop Gorak Claws. The drop rate for the claws is 100% during the quest, but after you obtain your first claw the drop rate decreases to about 30% chance of a drop. More information about Goraks and even how to slay them in Joystick11’s Guide to Gorak Slaying.

01Goraks.png

02MapofGorakSpace.png

Combination: DIS

03WizardTower.png

Combination: DJP

04Necromacer.png

Combination: DJR

Location: Northwest of the Sinclair mansion. The other fairy ring that is also by the mansion is very close by. I wonder why?

05Sinclair.png

Combination: DKP

Location: North of the Nature alter to runecraft. At this location you can fish Karambwan.

06Karambwan.png

Combination: DKR

07EdgeCanoe.png

Combination: DLQ

Location: In the desert. When you arrive to the north are desert lizards and to the west are jackals.

08Desert.png

Combination: DLR

Location: An isle in the Isafdar Poison Waste. It is a useless island. You cannot get to any other land in the Elf Kingdom. Strange enough you can teleport here without completion of Regicide.

09Isafdar.png

Combination: DLS

Location: This ring is in the tunnel under the Hair and Dog Pub in Canifis. You cannot teleport here without completion of Priest in Peril and In Search of the Myreque. It looks like your stuck in here, but your not. You need to find the cracks in the walls and make your way to the main tunnel.

10Cavern.png

COORDINATE SUMMARY

Here is a list of all the coordinates in a list summary with just coordinates and locations. Clicking on the link will relive a picture of the location.

"A" COORDINATES

AIQ - Mudskipper Point.

AIR - Deserted island (East of the Necromancer tower).

AJR - Fremennik Slayer Cave entrance.

AJS - Penguin isle (north of Miscellania).

AKS - Feldip Hills (by pile of rocks).

ALR - New Abyss (all abyssal monsters, including Abyssal Demons).

ALS - McGrubor's Woods.

"B" COORDINATES

BIP - Island in the River Salve near the Nature Spirit altar (deserted).

BIQ - The Desert (Ugthanki and Desert Wolves, close to Kalphite Lair).

BIS - Ardougne Zoo. In a cage with unicorns.

BJR - Fisher King's Realm from the Holy Grail quest.

BKP - Chompy hunting swamp south of Castle Wars.

BKQ - Eternal Forest with Centaurs, rabbits, and tree spirits.

BKR - Mort Myre Swamp.

BLP - TzHaar.

BLR - Legends Guild.

"C" COORDINATES

CIP - Miscellania.

CIQ - South of Tree Gnome Village.

CJR - Sinclair Mansion.

CKP - Higher Planes. Contains the Star Flower respawn.

CKR - Karambwanji fishing spot. Located northwest of Shilo Village.

CKS - Canifis, near the mushroom patch and the entrance to the swamp.

CLP - Island northeast of the Wizards Tower (deserted).

CLS - Gnome Hazelmere's house (from Grand Tree Quest).

"D" COORDINATES

DIR - Goraks home and Cloud Banks

DIS - Behind Wizard Tower

DJP - West of Necromancer Tower

DJR - Northwest of Sinclair Mansion

DKP - North of the nature runecraft altar. You can fish Karambwan here.

DKR - Edgeville canoe station.

DLQ - Desert (desert lizards and jackals).

DLR - Isle in Isafdar Poison Waste (deserted).

DLS - Cavern in search of the Myreque tunnel.

NOT LISTED COORDINATES

Any coordinate not listed will simply take you no where and you will be teleported somewhere near the main ring. You will get this message.

00FairyNone.png

ONE WAY COORDINATES

At the moment, there appears to be secret one-way fairy ring, which can only be used to get to Zanaris. It is found in the Haunted Woods of Morytania, southeast of the allotment patch. It is not marked on the world map or mini map with the teleportation symbol. It does not have a coordinate. It could be a multi-coordinate, where you go from one place to another in a sequence order. Who knows, it might be in another fairy quest. We'll just have to wait.

HauntedWoodsMap.png

HauntedWoods.png

Fairy Fixit tells us that some of the fairy rings are being fixed and is getting new wires and gears to fix some fairy rings. This ring in the woods could be one of them.

03FairyFixit-01.png

04FairyFixit-02.png

05FairyFixit-03.png

06FairyFixit-04.png

07FairyFixit-05.png

QUESTS REQUIRED

There are some coordinates you cannot use if you have not completed certain quests. For example, you cannot go anywhere in Canifis if you have not completed Priest in Peril.

That's about it. Enjoy this new teleportation network!

Edited by Mrcsupertrain

Wow, not a bad guide so far.

The Fairy rings are used in Fairy Tale part II - Cure a Queen, but like I have stated above can be used to teleport to other location.

I think that should be "like I have stated above, they can be". You're missing a comma and a they. Not a big deal, otherwise a nice and informative guide.

Too bad you can't reach the runecrafting portals from the abyss one. :D

well this is weird... there was a guide on this on the forums back when the quest came out but I guess it got deleted...

well good luck anyways! If you need any help with coordinates I have a list of what EVERY possible combination does, but it's in a different format. (it uses numbers, and yes I realize I have no life for categorizing all the possible combinations; all 64 of them :D )

Thanks! I'm working hard. I'll have all the "B" by tonight. Its getting late where i am, but I don't care I'm not going anywhere =)

Once I'm done let me know if im missing anything.

EDIT: All the B's are done. I'll do C's tomorrow and mabye finish it up with D's and closing.

Edited by Mrcsupertrain

Thanks! I'm working hard. I'll have all the "B" by tonight. Its getting late where i am, but I don't care I'm not going anywhere =)

Once I'm done let me know if im missing anything.

:D It's only one hour ahead of my time... and ok to the filling in thing.

A and B's done. I'll do C and D tomorrow and some closing information.

Ok I'm up. I'm gonna go C and D's. Keep looking.

Good guide so far. I like the idea of the Eternal Forest. I saw a video of 3 Hit U in there, and he got like 40+ Tree Spirits and then Ice Barraged them, and whipped the last one.

Ok C's Done! Phew! TIme for D's and then the closing information.

Ok everything is done! I am taking suggestions and improvements.

Would it be possibleto make a quick list of just the coordinates and the places so as to copy and keep by the computer?

Would help me out greatly. Terrific guide!!!

You put alot of work ionto this one.

Would it be possibleto make a quick list of just the coordinates and the places so as to copy and keep by the computer?

Would help me out greatly. Terrific guide!!!

You put alot of work ionto this one.

Yup! Just added it to the guide. Thanks

There is a Fairy Ring in the haunted woods in mortanyia, I saw one the other day. And no, I'm not thinking of the Morte Myre Swamp, there were vampires around it.

Lovely guide! Two points:

1) The map of the new abyss is wierd...Could you redo it? Also the Gorak's map needs a bit of work. See Neo's guide on mapping, in one of these forums (stickied).

2) Can you put them all on a world map? It would be useful to see which ring is closest to a particular location. If not, that's fine. You'd only need to put on the ones that go somewhere, so not the unconnected islands for example. Just colour code them.>.<

Great guide though.

Edited by Thomas154321

The only problems I can see with this guide when skim reading it are that skill and item names aren't capitalised, and links aren't made to the relavent guides.

See Neo's guide on mapping, in one of these forums (stickied).

My guide can be found here.

Whats wrong with it? and whats wrong with the Gorak map? Need more information on what exaclly is wrong.

This isn't a great quality map, while the edited version is good.

Edited by Neo Avatars

There is a Fairy Ring in the haunted woods in mortanyia, I saw one the other day. And no, I'm not thinking of the Morte Myre Swamp, there were vampires around it.

Haunted woods? Really? Thats odd. I haven't found a combintation for it. I'll go look for it. If you could take a screenshot and show me it. That be great.

Lovely guide! Two points:

1) The map of the new abyss is wierd...Could you redo it? Also the Gorak's map needs a bit of work. See Neo's guide on mapping, in one of these forums (stickied).

2) Can you put them all on a world map? It would be useful to see which ring is closest to a particular location. If not, that's fine. You'd only need to put on the ones that go somewhere, so not the unconnected islands for example. Just colour code them.>.<

Great guide though.

1) Whats wrong with it? and whats wrong with the Gorak map? Need more information on what exaclly is wrong. Nvm I look at the guide ill do some more editing to it.

2) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow that'd be alot of work. I guess I could. Would take a while and It wouldn't fit on the forum. Remember, it be the entire world map!

Ok how do I add links? Just copy and paste it from the adress bar right?

Edited by Mrcsupertrain

Ok how do I add links? Just copy and paste it from the adress bar right?

To make a link you use this code:

[url=*insert url here*]*insert text you want to become a link here*[/url]

Okay right now I am going to edit all the maps and add a compass and key with information. Thanks Neo for the help.

Map Status:

1) Gorak - COMPLETED

2) Higher Planes - ICOMPLETED

3) ETERNAL FOREST - COMPLETED

4) ABYSS - COMPLETED

Edited by Mrcsupertrain

Haunted woods? Really? Thats odd. I haven't found a combintation for it. I'll go look for it. If you could take a screenshot and show me it. That be great.

itxw6.png

This one might not be in use or something.

It's SSE of the entrance west of the farming spot near Port Phasmytes if you wanted to check yourself.

Edited by Snapshot

itxw6.png

It's SSE of the entrance west of the farming spot near Port Phasmytes if you wanted to check yourself.

WOW! If anyone knows the code for this please tell and ill give you credit.

itxw6.png

WOW! If anyone knows the code for this please tell and ill give you credit.

I'll just stop training agility and do the quest I need to do to use them and I'll try some stuff.

Nice guide.

My suggestion would be to have that last list be comprised of links to the pictures, rather than having picture after picture listed. Do you know what I mean?

I noticed that some of your maps are wonky so I thought you might like to use one of my maps i mapped

MapofNewForest2.png

(Of course I give you permission to use it)

Anyway nice guide it's helped me alot so it should help alot of other people

Edited by Warren

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.