Sign in to follow this  
albert2006xp

Safety In The Abyss

Safety in the abyss

by Albert2006xp

What to bring

Inventory:

abyssguideinventoryra1.png

Ectophial/Teleport Tablets/Elf crystal-These are your escape teleports for teleporting when a pker attacks you.Teleport runes are not suggested as they take too much space,but you can take them if you dont have one of the items suggested.

Pouches -All the pouches you can use.

Pure/Rune essence

What to wear:

abysswhattowearjf2.png

Farseer/Mystic hat/Archer helm/Moonclan helm-Good magic and melee protection.You can replace them with any hat with good magic bonus.

Glory-To teleport back to Edgeville.

Legends cape/God cape-Good magic protection.If you loose your god cape you can get it back by praying at the god statues at the Mage Arena.Legend capes are bought from Legends guild for few hundred gp.

Green/Blue/Red/Black Dragonhide body,chaps and vambraces-If you want to make money from runecrafting you should think about getting a high range level.

Boots of lightness-Makes you running energy last longer by reducing you weight.If lost they can be retrieved from the Temple of Ikov.Can be replaced with Wizard/Mystic boots.

Ring of life-May teleport you to Falador/Lumbridge you if you have less than 10% hitpoints.Can be replaced with dueling ring in case you forget your glory and need to tele to bank.

Elemental shield/God book -Good magic protection.The book must be full,you can get it back by talking to Jossick at the Lighthouse.

Rune pickaxe-For mining the rocks in the abyss.Can be replaced with weaker pickaxes.

Be safe

Pkers can't kill you unless you get teleblocked and can't escape.

If you got the magic defence bonus over +100 you will probably see the spell splash and teleport untill one hits.

If you see a pker that can attack you run into the abyss.If he attacks you teleport!If you got teleblocked run outside of wilderness or into the abyss as the teleblock can't stop the mage get you inside.His entangles will probably splash because of your mage defence bonus is high.

When you run past someone that can attack you,memorise his name.

namenq2.png

When your safe in the second circle check his stats in the highscores.If he can cast teleblock (85 magic level) switch worlds.

When your runecrafting always keep the chat to "friends" so pkers can't follow you when you switch worlds.

chattofriendseu6.png

Don't be afraid to wear some armour,its a very low chance to get killed.DO NOT wear just the dragonhide and glory cause you'll probably get teleblocked and entangled and then killed very easy.

If you happen to die,which is less likely to happen unless you loose connection in wildy,the costs of replacing your armour are about 200k.Not too much.Dont be afraid of risking 150k,pouches are very hard to get and you'll regret not using good armour.

Tips&Tricks

If your crafting nature runes,death runes or law runes you will notice that the rift is in the north part of the circle.

theriftob5.png

When the mage teleports you go to the first entrance to north,which will be either a gap or rocks.Every time the northen one is either rocks or gap.So don't bring tinderbox or axe.Bring a pickaxe.

gonorthgx6.png

Keep an eye on your running energy and run as much as you can.You can also drink energy potions at bank to keep running.

Always chose a world with few players,so less pkers.

Being a succesfull runecrafter

Runecrafting is a skill that brings a lot of money.To do it a lot you'll need some other skills and some good armour.

A runecrafter should have a high defence for his combat level.When you get 90 defence you should wear karils armour,even if its less melee protection.

To keep running you need a high agility level.

Don't forget your escape teleport(Ectophial/Teleport tablet/Elf Crystal).Forgeting this may get you killed.

You should never think that a pker won't attack you.If you see someone with mage equipment on and can attack you use your escape teleport then switch to a better world.

You can't be too succesfull without black dhide armour,so if you want to do a lot of runecrafting get 70 range first.

All you need is being carefull.

Happy runecrafting.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Its done IMO.

Post ur thoughts.

Edited by albert2006xp

People who have completed Desert Treasure can you the Paddewa Teleport to go to Edgeville Dungeon, instead of using a glory which is MUCH cheaper, you might want to mention that.

a must say that that costs laws and space.Glorys can be resold.So its not expensive.

Your guide is called safety in the Abyss, correct? Then you are supposed to mention any type possible, what confuses me, is why would you bring the glory when you can telly with the ectophial, go to the bank, take the glory out, tele, put it back and repeat.

a must say that that costs laws and space.Glorys can be resold.So its not expensive.

Your guide is called safety in the Abyss, correct? Then you are supposed to mention any type possible, what confuses me, is why would you bring the glory when you can telly with the ectophial, go to the bank, take the glory out, tele, put it back and repeat.

1.the tele ancient belongs in the abyss guide

2.ecto is for pkers why make the way to that bank? ;s

im trying to make ppl use the fastest way.

You cant die if u do what i said in the guide.

Yasasasuke,just point me out any mistakes dont make another one

Edited by albert2006xp

If you got teleblocked run outside of wilderness.

Teleblock doesn't stop you from going to the abyss, so you can carry on as normal if they try to teleblock you.

BTW put spaces after your fullstops.

Edited by candi

If you got teleblocked run outside of wilderness.

Teleblock doesn't stop you from going to the abyss, so you can carry on as normal if they try to teleblock you.

Oh thx candi

I only got teleblocked once.They splash usually

Sasuke edit ur post now,i fixed mistakes...its too big.

Edited by albert2006xp

You can also wear an Archer helm. It's another alternative as an Archer has Range def while a Farseer helm has none.

I can also get you a picture of a lvl 75+ Runecrafter's inventory. :P

inventpicjk2.png

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/8596/inventpicjk2.png

Ectophial/Teleport Tablets-for teleporting when a pker attacks you.

It should be:

Ectophial/Teleport Tablets/Padewwa Teleport Runes - For teleporting when a player killer attacks you.

A picaxe

Picaxe should be "Pickaxe."

Edited by Jbui8000

What I do is probably buy 10 glories and charge them all. You grab one from your inventory until it has no charge, then put the empty glory in the bank and take a new charged one out. It's easy using a glory rather than the Ancient teleport that takes you to Edgeville. :P

You can also wear an Archer helm. It's another alternative as an Archer has Range def while a Farseer helm has none.

I can also get you a picture of a lvl 75+ Runecrafter's inventory. :blink:

inventpicjk2.png

It should be:

Ectophial/Teleport Tablets/Padewwa Teleport Runes - For teleporting when a player killer attacks you.

A picaxe

1.Archer is in guide now.

2.I dont think we need a 75 rc inv,or a 25 rc inv.I said take all the pouches you can use.

3.I said that you can replace them with tele runes but they take too much space.3 i think(for paddewa)instead of just 1.Ectophial or Tele Tablets.Simple and perfect.I tele with the ecto,then use my glory to get back to edge.

4.Now its pickaxe :P

I can also get you a picture of a lvl 75+ Runecrafter's inventory. :P

inventpicjk2.png

It should be:

A picaxe

1.Archer is in guide now.

2.I dont think we need a 75 rc inv,or a 25 rc inv.I said take all the pouches you can use.

3.I said that you can replace them with tele runes but they take too much space.3 i think(for paddewa)instead of just 1.Ectophial or Tele Tablets.Simple and perfect.I tele with the ecto,then use my glory to get back to edge.

4.Now its pickaxe :P

Your so against it for some reason when I would like to point out with the Paddewa Teleport:

1. You can combine runes, and put the ectophial in the bank. So you have Paddewa teleport to Edgeville anyway, pkers or a successful run.

2. Paddewa saves you the 65k you spend on glories.

edit

Sorry I am removing this for sake I dont want people knowing how I runecraft in wild on a public forum. :( I would rather keep my stuff with nearly no risk for this and other stuff I might or might not do in future. Just need keep my big mouth shut. :P :P :king: Dum pkers lol.

Edited by Bazza

1.I wear dragon gloves cuz they r no use for me now that i have barrows.

2.If u rc a lot,u will lose laws with Paddewa,with glorys u dont lose anything,u can sell them after u use them.And more space for ess.

I personally wouldn't wear dragon gloves and farseer whilst being skulled, but okay. :blush:

If you are there to runecraft, then you won't attack anyone, so you won't be skulled.

Edited by Ftpftw!

If you are there to runecraft, then you won't attack anyone, so you won't be skulled.

When you enter the abyss, you get skulled.

God books offer better magic defence than elemental shield. Also, if you happen to die, you will always keep your god book.

Instead of rune pickaxe, wield bronze one. Bronze pickaxe is as efficient, and a lot cheaper (again in case you die). However, bronze pickaxe is less tempting in eyes of a pker.

To those who want to play it ultra-safe, keep one shark all the time. It can do wonders. Ultra-ultra safe people take a prayer pot as well.

How about the good old fasioned use a dueling ring instead of a glory, bank at castle wars get you your glory and tele to Edgeville, a little longer but much less risk free.

When you enter the abyss, you get skulled.

Not to mention all of your prayer is gone. :s

"abyss" in the title needs to be capitolized.

How about the good old fasioned use a dueling ring instead of a glory, bank at castle wars get you your glory and tele to Edgeville, a little longer but much less risk free.

dude..

Loss of time just for 65k...the rest of things ur wearing are worth more....i said in guide:

Don't be afraid of taking good armour,its a very low chance of dieing.
Edited by albert2006xp

Lol, they probablly wont hit. What if they do? They got a high magic bonus too... and if they keep hiting Ice spells ur dead.. :lol:

1.I wear dragon gloves cuz they r no use for me now that i have barrows.

This isn't a guide to help people exactly like you, this is a guide to help people in general.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.