Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Simple013

Eyes Of Glouphrie

WarriorPro tea does work with saws, i tried it :P

So that's how you charge it? I brought it to Ilfeen. She explains that she gave it to Oaknock as a present hundreds of years ago.

A really nice guide. There are plenty of images and information to help you out on this short quest. Great work. I have completed the guide on another site which is linked to on my sig.

Read this on the official forums: 15-16-227-29244725

It hints at a future use of the crystal saw.

Thomas the crystal saw raises your construction by 3 when you use it instead of a regular saw.

NOTE: The saw +3 Construction, but when drinking tea, it doesn't work.

The saw replaces the tea in other words. :P

Yes it works

I've build lvl 76 items and 70 construction.

Doesnt work on plants or dungeon monsters.Just objects.

This is what it should look like:

operatingpanel.png

The combinations are random for each user, you might want to add that so no one trys to use the same shapes as that picture. I had totally different numbers when I did it.

Once King Narnode Sheen has handed you the Small Crystal Seed head back to Brimstail and enter the cave. Now go to the middle of the next room and cross the Crystal Bride to the Singing Bowl. Use the fist option and you will see yourself charging the seed and thus turning it into a Crystal Saw.

I noticed some mistakes, first you write Crystal Bride instead of Bridge, Secondly you write fist option instead of First option. And don't forgot you can charge your saw by talking to the elves that wonder around the elf place.

EDIT: You missed out the part where you have to speak to the king about the evil creatures, when you kill them all then thats when u go to the king to get ur reward.

Edited by Warren

You're using the wrong reward scroll - a transparent one was posted which will look much better. Also, why did you post the reward scroll and then write it all out? We either need one or the other, not both, and I prefer the picture.

And what does the Crystal Saw do please?

Look at every guide. All rewards are written under the picture.

eyesofglouphriedt0.png

eyesofglouphrieex3.png

Warriorpro already made one transparant. His one looks better; yours is not so good quality. :|

Once King Narnode Sheen has handed you the Small Crystal Seed head back to Brimstail and enter the cave. Now go to the middle of the next room and cross the Crystal Bride to the Singing Bowl. Use the fist option and you will see yourself charging the seed and thus turning it into a Crystal Saw.

You mean the sing option? I thought it was the second.

Can someone help me find Hazelmere? I am getting loster and loster without a map.

Is loster a word? Well it is for me anyway. :P

Edited by zj 522

Great guide, even when it wasnt complete I used it to beat the quest :P Oh and if you don't mind, I have some info on the cyrstal saw. The cyrstal saw when used can up your construction by 3 levels but in special wise like the altar in Monastary, it increases your hp, but the saw lets you build anything at your level and 3 levels higher.

Edited by Lan Hikari and Megaman EXE

Quest start: Talk to Brimstail in the Gnome Stronghold

Talk to Brimstail in his dungeon in the Gnome Stronghold.

You have put the requirements twice.

If not, either with a Watch Tower tele or a Ardougne tele you can get in the vicinity of Hazelmere’s peninsula.
A map showing where his peninsular is would be nice.

Go through the conversation and head back to Brimstall. There will be a lenghty conversation again and the machine will get sabotaged.

The long conversation with Hazelmere needs more description than that. There are a number of cut-scenes during it which need to be mentioned.

Go to the machine and try to repair it. In you quest journal the items needed will appear: Oak log, Maple log and a sticky substance. Now don't rush off to get them!! Talk to Brimstall again and he will explain the glue-like substance.
After talk there are two spaces. One needs deleting. There are a couple of other places where there are double spaces where only one is required.

Get an empty bucket and a knife, find an evergreen and use your knife on it. Your bucket will now be filled with sap. Use a Mud rune with a Pestle and Mortar. Use this with the bucket of sap and you will end up with Magic glue. Now head back to Brimstall's cave and the machine in the second room.

You haven't said that you need the Oak and Maple Logs with you.

There are quite a lot of Evergreen Trees around the Burthope Area and outside the Heroes Guild.

To unlock the machine you need to look at the sign on the left hand side next to the machine. On it you will find a shape in different colors. Red is 1, Yellow 3 and so on till the end of the stacks.
List all of the colours all the way to 7. Being colourblind makes it hard to tell what each of those colours are, and guesswork becomes just as important as being able to follow a quest guide.

A coin has one side,

It's a circle.

Red coin:
Red circle.

Brimstail will happily give you any number of crystals you might need, up to a point that is.

The point being?

On the right hand side of the centre panel is a “Chrystal changer” you can add up to 3 different crystals in the machine and you can retrieve different shapes and colours in return.
You can put in less if you want. This may sound obvious, but it took somebody to tell me (after an hour of playing around with the machine) before I realised that it was possible.

The numbers in question like the one on the front panel are random and different for each player.

Put a comma after "question".

You're using the wrong reward scroll - a transparent one was posted which will look much better.

No other quest guides have transparent reward scrolls. Why should this one be different? By showing the background in a reward scroll it gives more clues to the reader as to where they need to be when they complete the quest.

Hmmm this is annyoing i think i've been in every forest in runescape, can someone tell me where some Evergreens are?

There are quite a lot around the Burthope Area and outside the Heroes Guild.

Edited by Neo Avatars

I'm wondering what the rewards are since I am able to do this quest.

Otherwise, I can't give you any 'good' help except the words "Good luck!" :P I always hate to see players take on the new quest in making it into a guide or completing it since it becomes complicated and you always need help. If no one wants to though, then someone has too. :P

Edited by Polakem

Hmmm this is annyoing i think i've been in every forest in runescape, can someone tell me where some Evergreens are?

:P :P

A bit west of BarBarian Village :P

Or you could go to the evergreen just to the east of Brimstail's cave

Very sorry about some mix-ups but I am writing now. Which basically means condensing three differnt conversations of in total 200 screen shots in to something that can be easily read. I will get to all your remarks sooner or later, but for now I'm writing. O_o

[Edit] If someone would like to be really helpfull: Post a map with routes how to get to quest startpoint and a small one of Hazelmere's peninsula in relation to Yanille.

--Simple--

Edited by Simple013

Discussion of this quest should go here. If you need quest help, post here. If you've got something to say that's guide-related, then post here. Yes, in this thread. :P

Thanks Dis :P

Anytime! :P I'll start this quest when I return in a few days, so I can snatch up any screenshots that you might've missed. I doubt you'll miss any after seeing how many you took for Lunar Diplomacy, but it's always better to be safe than sorry. I seem to be full of cliches today. :P

Edited by Dissentor

Um wolfman every guide has to be approved by Sal before its an official quest guide and I do know that simple's guide is great, but be patient and wait for Sal's decision.