Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Snowzak

-complete-how To Train Efficiently At Dagganoths.

This isn't part of the guide: If anybody wants to help getting pictures of the lighthouse, making a map with the different roads possibe to get there, he is very welcome to do so and will get credit on the site if the guide is published.

Things that could possibly be added:

-Inventory picture

-Gear picture (must be complete [read the guide for info])

------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------Guide Starts-----------------------------------------------

Be aware that maging or ranging these creatures is not recommended: they hit with ranged attack, therefore, you have no safe spots.

QUEST REQUIRED: Horror from the deep- Fairly Easy - help3cg3wm8.gif

Level Required: 90+ Recommended

Average Exp per hour: 50 to 60k an hour

Good For: Lazing off for not too long, average cash players.

I'm a very demanding kind of trainer: I can be on the computer for long periods of time, but I get bored from repetitive tasks and never moving.

I'm level 110 currently and have been searching for methods of training, passing through bandits, pest control and green dragons but none have satisfied me more than training at the dagannoths (one "G", two "N"s) at the Lighthouse.

Here, if you do it correctly, it's fairly simple, you can gain up to 50-60k experience an hour without spending much.

What you need:

Dagannoths mainly use range attacks, but hit really low if you use correct gear.

I suggest:

Helmet: Warrior/Berserker helmet are fine. I have a preference for the Warrior helm, due to it's defense bonus. You can use a berserker for its strength bonuses.

Chest: A rune platebody or over. This is a must have for survival.

Legs: Rune platelegs or over. This is a must have to survive.

Boots: Armored boots, Climbing Boots, it's not really important. You can use anything.

Gloves: Recipe for Disaster gloves and gauntlets are good, but it's not really important, you can use anything.

Cape: Legends cape, God cape, Obsidian cape recommended, any cape will do.

Shield: Rune kite or over, though I suggest a granite or an Obsidian shield. However, it can be omitted if you have a full set of Guthan's. It is not recommended to use a defender here, seeing as your defence versus ranged attacks will be penalized quite a bit.

Weapon: Whatever you like to train with. An abyssal whip or a dragon scimitar/longsword are suggested.

Ring: Ring of life recommended just in case something might go wrong. If your glory isn't charged, bring a ring of dueling instead.

Amulet: Amulet of Glory. Charged is a preference.

sp3220060906184558of9.png

In your inventory:

Food - Have a large amount of noted food that heals your hitpoints at around 10 each. - Lobsters and Swordfish are good.

Multiply the noted food amount by the price you bought it or how much you could sell it for and you get the amount of cash to take, and you'll be on the safe side.

Potions - Super Sets are preferred, but simple attack and strength pots are pretty good too. You can buy strength potions 15gp each from the Warriors' guild. Don't forget to have noted potions too.

The rest of the space should be filled with un-noted food items.

NOTE: You can also train here with Bones to Peaches but it's not recommended.

The store upstairs buys anything the dags drop for a higher price than other stores and will unnote your food cheaply. If you take tuna/lobsters just picking up the spears/javelins/oyster pearls is enough to pay for the unnoting so you dont need to take any money at all just pick up a couple of drops.

---------------------

How to get there:

-Teleport to Ardougne.

-Teleport to Relekka using your Lyre teleport.

-Teleport to your house if it's Relekka.

-Teleport to the barbarian outpost using Lunar magics, level 74 spell.

-Teleport to Al-Kharid using a ring of dueling or an amulet of glory, use the glider to the Gnome Stronghold and use the North-Eastern agility shortcut at level 37.

dagmapsx3.png

---------------------

What to do inside:

Inside the Dagannoth lair you will have two types of Dagannoths: the level 74 which attack with range, and the level 92 who attack with melee.

You want to attack the level 74 and avoid the 92 ones if possible.

Once inside, attack a good number of level 74 Dagannoths (like 7-10 or more if you have high defence) to get them on your tail.

Here you can decide you can just leave your auto-retaliate do the rest or you can take measures to limit the amount of food consumed.

Depending on how often you need to check in and eat, you can attack more or less Dagannoths.

If you set up a cannon you can use it to make the dagannoths aggressive again it saves running around as the aggression area has been changed. Please note that using this technique makes you hated by all trainers there. If you desire to be hated a bit less, go in the little area to the north-east of the room to set up your cannon. There, it'll cover less area.

How to eat less food:

Get a large numbers of Dagannoths attacking you, and run East of the room, to the Eastern wall, so that the Dagannoths englobe a pillar:

dagexplanationay7.png

This way, you will still be able to zoom around forums a bit, without keeping your eyes on the window.

You're basically hugging the pillar.

Restocking on food:

When you're out of food, exit the room and go up the iron ladder to the ground floor. Climb up the staircase where you will find Jossik on the first floor. Trade him, sell him the desired number of food from your noted, and buy it back using your cash.

helpvc1.png

Other Alternatives:

If you want to profit from the Dagannoth drops, you can teleport out using a ring of dueling to teleport to Castlewars, and teleport back to the Barbarian Outpost using Lunar Magics.

You can also use an Enchanted Lyre from The Fremennik Trials to teleport you to Rellekka.

The only drops from them that are acceptable are rare Herb Seeds like Lantadyme, Torstol, Dwarf Weed etc... and level 2 clue scrolls.

You can also use Bones to Peaches, but it's not really effective since peaches only heal a small amount of HP (8) for the damage dagannoths can inflict. Level 92 dagannoths can hit up to 8.

Another method for the richer players would be keeping full Guthan's armor and it's spear in your inventory and using it's property of regenerating your hitpoints depending on what you hit when you are in need of getting your hitpoints higher. This method allows you to stay a very long time without moving from the dagannoth pit, but is the most expensive.

--------------------

Well, it took me 58 minutes to make this guide, I've gained 55k exp with full rune and whip.

Happy training!

Special thanks to:

-Buffyrose

-Prashanna

-Thomas154321

-Gazisere

-Colinross

-Kevinptn99

-Simple

-Redhairgoku

-Simple013

-Mcsupertrain

----------------Guide Ends--------------------------------------------------

Edited by Snowzak

Pretty cool, some good stuff I didn't know about in here. Maybe I should start training on Dagganoths... However with a combat level of 87 I might find it a little difficult...

Nice guide. :D

Some suggestions:

Helm: Warrior/Berserker helmet are fine. I have a preference for the Warrior helm, due to it's defence bonus.

Chest: A rune plate or over - Must have

Legs: Rune legs or over - Must have

Boots: Armored boots, not really important, can use anything.

At the end of some of the lists, there are periods, and in some there aren't, for each line in the list, you should put a period at the end. :)

I've therefore tried many methods of training at my level (108) but none have satisfied me more than training at Dagannoths. (One "G", two "N")

Here, if you do it correctly, (it's fairly simple) you can gain up to 50-60k an hour without spending much.

Brackets/Parentheses are not very professional, maybe instead of them, you can use commas:

Here, if you do it correctly, it's fairly simple, you can...

For the first one, you can use words to express brackets:

...training at my level (108) but none have satisfied...
Can be changed to...

...training at my level, which for me is 108, but none have satified...

You should take out the " :( " simllies, they wont show up in the guide, and they are a bit unproffesional.

I'm not sure, but I think Dagganoth has one "G". According to this forum's Monster Database section, it's spelled: "Dagannoth". :o

Maybe you should take a clear picture of a Daganoth, and I will turn it into a transperancy for you. :o

Edited by Prashanna

Yeah I know it has one "G" I even say so in the guide since I make the mistake so often.

The guide was made for my clan's site, which explains the smilies.

The Periods issues is my problem I always mess up while doing lists. :D

Pretty cool, some good stuff I didn't know about in here. Maybe I should start training on Dagganoths... However with a combat level of 87 I might find it a little difficult...

If your defence is 75ish you should be OK as long as you pay attention :)

Edited by Snowzak

Heres my attempt at a map, sorry if its not very good, best i could do :D

dagmapbf5.png

Edit: Just noticed on prashannas spelling thing, "training at my level, which for me is 108". That doesnt make sense, i think that it should be "training at a high combat level, of around 108".

Edited by Dobbo04

Ammy: Ammy of Glory. - Charged is a preference.

Don't you think you should change it to Amulet instead of Ammy?

P.S. Great guide, I'll try it out once I find my Runescape addiction back...

Edited by Info1994

It looks much better, but I can still see some period-less lines under "In Your Inventory." :D

Also, there are still brackets under:

-QUEST REQUIRED

-Other Alternatives

:)

I dont know if i can fit the ardy route on a map, im not very good with things like that :|

I could probably go get you some lighthouse pictures though?

Amulet: Amulet of Glory. - Charged is a preference.

Maybe change it to:

A charged Amulet of Glory is preferable.

Just a suggestion.

Nice work. You could say that you can put your house at Rellaka for a short walk to the lighthouse.

Tup.

ps re drops.. I always pick up the Steel Arrows. Equiip them straight away to save an Inventory space (but I'm a tightwad me :D )

Heres my attempt at a map, sorry if its not very good, best i could do :D

dagmapbf5.png

Edit: Just noticed on prashannas spelling thing, "training at my level, which for me is 108". That doesnt make sense, i think that it should be "training at a high combat level, of around 108".

The lyre teleports you to Relekka, not to The Fossgrimen. Also, the fastest way there is to go from the gnome stronghold using the agility shortcut. Glory to Al Kharid and take the glider, or to Edgeville and take the tree, then bank at Edgeville/Stronghold, and go north east to the shortcut.

Heres my attempt at a map, sorry if its not very good, best i could do :)

dagmapbf5.png

The lyre teleports you to Relekka, not to The Fossgrimen. Also, the fastest way there is to go from the gnome stronghold using the agility shortcut. Glory to Al Kharid and take the glider, or to Edgeville and take the tree, then bank at Edgeville/Stronghold, and go north east to the shortcut.

Dang, didn't even know about that one myself. :D

I'll add it in.

QUEST REQUIRED: Horror from the Deep - Fairly Easy

Horror from the deep

[url=http://runescape.salmoneus.net/quests/HorrorFromDeep.html]Horror from the deep[/url]

Have a large amount of noted food that heals 10ish. - Lobsters and Swordies are good.

Have a large amount of noted food that heals your hitpoints at around 10 each.

Other than that nice guide and what pictures do you need?

So you want the picture of the light house when over the rocks or inside it?

Edited by gazisere

All very good, maybe add in a screen shot of your inventory and armour...

Or even a little shot of the item that you mention before the writing on the same line

E.g.

(Picture of amulet of glory) Amulet: Amulet of Glory. - Charged is a preference.

"Special thanks to:

~Buffyrose

Thomas

Prashanna"

Who is buffyrose, and what have they done to help?? :cute:

PS ~ Do you still need those lighthouse pics?

Ok heres one of jossik:

helpvc1.png

[img=http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/9158/helpvc1.png]

I also got the door with the iron ladder incase you want:

help1tg7.png

[img=http://img173.imageshack.us/img173/9391/help1tg7.png]

Also warn people that the blue and yellow paths you have to go past lvl 67 wolves.

After that great guide!

Edit:

PS ~ Do you still need those lighthouse pics?

Nope i think he has all the pics needed and any item pics you need ask and i get them all :cute:

Edited by gazisere

Gaziere, maybe you should go and get a picture of one Daganoth? I could turn it into a transperancy for you.

EDIT: Also, add to the map "Mapped by Dobbo04 for Sal's Realm."

Edited by Prashanna

If snowzack wants any pictures i can get them staight away just ask :P I will get the Dagganoth picture now.

Ok the other iron ladder:

help2vo3.png

[img=http://img416.imageshack.us/img416/4097/help2vo3.png]

And here for you to make transparent:

help3cg3.png

I don't think you need the code... but:

[img=http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/8741/help3cg3.png]

Just incase you do :cute:

Edited by gazisere

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.