Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Numby

Dm's Can't Keep Their Member Title After Being Demoted

I think that DM's Member Titles should be changed to the normal ones(According to their post count) after they have been demoted because if they are a Forum Member why should they still be allowed to have a Member Title they chose?

Comments/Suggestions appreciated :)

Well, they are beeing demoted, and that member title may be a kind of "last honor" for them, a way of showing off that they were DM once upon a time. But they can't close their own topics, they can't do anything that a normal DM does, so they really shouldn't be allowed that last honor at all.

Supported.

Probably just a mistake, which the admins forget to change back, but it should be sorted.

Supported :)

It's not their fault, after they're demoted, they can't change it nor reset it. Blame it on lazy admins :) *Dani bashes Sal with a large club.

Supported, though. But no need to be beary harsh. :jester:

Oh I thought they could change theirs :jester:

They can, just not once they're demoted :king:

I support this, I was thinking of bringing this up, but I didn't for some reason :)

I think if a DM is demoted on good terms (just that they werent active enough or something) they should choose if they keep the member title or not. However if they were demoted for acting immature or something they shouldnt keeep it.

I really think it depends on what you get demoted for.

If someone got demoted for inactiveness, they still deserve a custom title.

If they got demoted for doing something wrong, they don't.

But what if the Admin/Mod team don't want us to know why a DM was demoted...? Wouldn't the Member Title reveal if they were demoted on good or bad terms or maybe from now on we get to know on what terms they have been demoted on :starwars:

I don't really see why it matters though.

Seriously, if someone gets voted into DMship, they've earned it.

Trust me.

I agree, because what if a dm gets demoted while having their member title on something stupid from a dare? Then they're stuck with it for... oh... a looong while! (I'm not pointing fingers... ^_^ )

But what if the Admin/Mod team don't want us to know why a DM was demoted...? Wouldn't the Member Title reveal if they were demoted on good or bad terms or maybe from now on we get to know on what terms they have been demoted on :)
If it isnt announced that theyre demoted then chances are it wasnt for inactivity. All the inactive DM sweeps have been announced. Come to think of it, I dont think any DMs have been demoted for being "bad", though some may have not been up to expectations. Meaning theyve been acting more like the average forumer.

I think if right now Lempy PMed an admin asking for it to be removed theyd remove it. ^_^