Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Terminator

Sal's Runescape Forum Monthly/weekly Events

I was looking in the Tip.It Web Site and found an interesting & fun thing they do.

Tip.It has a 'Tip.It Events Team - TET Events'. Every 10 days (I think) the Tip.It Events Team make a community event. Everybody in the Tip.It Forum is allowed to come to the event and celebrate the excitement. Sometimes the Tip.It events are for Members only and sometimes for Freeplayers, too.

I was thinking that Salmoneus should make another caption such as 'Forum Adiministrators' or 'Tech Support' called 'Sal's Events Team'. There would be a subforum in the 'RuneScape Events' section called 'SET Events' or another title. The people who are in charge of making the weekly events would make interesting/creative/unusual events for everybody in the Sal's RuneScape Forum.

I know this is quite copying, but I don't know. Maybe, this is an okay thing to copy. ^_^

What do you say?

EDIT: It doesn't mean you can't make events of your own, too.

Edited by Terminator

I dunno.. I really don't like that idea because everyone else is hosting tons of events and that would make people going to a persons event to the websites event.. ^_^

Perhapps an event only on weekends.

But several people make their own events in the event section of the forum.

Good idea. Alot of forums do these sort of things, would build a good community spirit.

Only problems are;

timezones and getting someone to organise it.

There are many things which could be done, so ideas should be no problem.

Someone? ^_^

The Staff of the Forum will look in the RuneScape Events section a lot and see whoever makes good events which a lot of people got to participate it.

Something like this was being discussed in this topic awhile ago. I agree, we really should have some more official forum events, even if only once per month or something. ^_^

I would be happy to do a big pest control or castle wars one every first saturday of each month.

I like the idea of mroe official events, but don'tagree to the idea for more groups. ^_^

Once per month is a good idea. Have them alternate F2P/P2P. I dont like the idea of a usergroup, I think it should be set up like the Salcast. Except the admins have more control over it. So those who host the events would have some moderating powers in the forum.

EDIT: Or, we could have two per month. One F2P and one P2P.

Edited by Steve

SET - Sal's Events Team. I know there are going to be a lot of other events, but if a member of the team post the event then I am thinking more people will come, though I can't be so sure. ^_^

If this will happen, there should be:

• An underbanner of the team possibly.
  • A good timezone.

We cant call it "SET", thats just copying Tip.it. ^_^ Just call it the Events Team.

The timezone should change each month, so some months itll be good for US people, some months itll be good for Europeans, and some times itll be good for Australians (the 3 main groups of people, I believe).

I would be all for it infact I like the idea. So were would I make a topic for people to say what they want for thr f2p event and p2p event.

That's if I could start it off.

Edited by gazisere

I think we should get a few people to sort out a events team and people can put in aplications and they can choose.

actually i changed my mind but i like steves suggestion about having a f2p and a p2p event every month :) I would help in any way i could if this happened.

In my opinion, Forum Events have always been unorganised beyond beliefe. :P Sal comes and every body follows Sal or goes "Sal's here!!!!!!!" and that about it. If things could get done easily, then I have no problem. :dead:

I've already shared my views in the link that Sal posted.

I agree, but the usergroup should only be like the Podcast one.

Something like this was being discussed in this topic awhile ago. I agree, we really should have some more official forum events, even if only once per month or something. :dead:

Yes, and I also suggested this a looong time ago. :P But no action was taken.

This would be a really good idea for forum members to get to know each other better, however we do not really need a rank for it. We could just have Salmoneus organising an event every month like runehq does.

great idea !

we could have a rotation of what we do

like it goes c wars pc drop party then a war and around