Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tempest

Newspaper Forum

I think that the new update of the Sal's Realm Newspapre should be accompanied with a forum. It could be a place to post all your articles, so you don't have to go looking around your entire computer only to find thatb they were saved on a disk. You could also put comics in to be decided whether or not they get accepted. And there could be a place to have something like a SOTW competition, but for deciding which sig and avatar gets put into the newest issue.

Rate and CC.

The newspaper staff has a different site forum, I have the link however I believe it is only to go to the best of the best writer.

Read my stories on the story mat then. Sorry to brag but they're pretty good. I want to make an application for an author on the newspaper. :P

If the Salcast has its own forum, why dont we? :P

I think SalCast and Newspaper should both be in a forum called "Media". That forum would include all new Salcasts and all new newspapers. There would be two subforums, one for each thing.

I guess maybe section heads, editor, and vice editor would have mod powers there (same as salcast has in their forum)? Or maybe not section heads...

Well they're staff arent they Steve? I mean the staff at the Salcast are mods there. Anyways The Media thing might just work. Just hope this gets passed along to Sal. :P

ya this was talked about on the newspaper forum :P really that would be good you could even combine the two can call it Sal's projects or something and then wthats where general stuff can go and then have a split of sal cast and newspaper :dead: but ya most I think we need one :P

Well, Having a subforum here would help a bit I think. Everything would be more consolidated IMO and it would be easier for the Admins to see whats going on rather than Prashanna having to keep PMing repeatedly.

Well, Having a subforum here would help a bit I think. Everything would be more consolidated IMO and it would be easier for the Admins to see whats going on rather than Prashanna having to keep PMing repeatedly.

Do you mean like a board where only Salnewspaper staff can see?

Yep, thats the whole point mate. =] :P

aw sweet i'm down with that!

offtopic- o.O i never seen that before :dead: :P

Yes, we have been talking about this. I agree fully with Steve's idea, it should be called "Sal's Media" or something along those lines :P

If the Salcast has its own forum, why dont we? :P

I think SalCast and Newspaper should both be in a forum called "Media". That forum would include all new Salcasts and all new newspapers. There would be two subforums, one for each thing.

I guess maybe section heads, editor, and vice editor would have mod powers there (same as salcast has in their forum)? Or maybe not section heads...

Steve just has a knack of making good suggestions great :)

And I think the section heads should have mod powers... :dead: :P

And there needs to be a link to us on the main site :)

Yes I agree with you. There should be a newspaper forum just like the Podcast forums, where there are hidden forums for staff which are members but have a special hidden group to submit things. It would make it much easier for staff and get them coming on the forums a lot more.

A board only we can see? Bad idea. We should keep using the newspaper forum for submitting things and our discussions of the paper. We need that many forums (or close to it). :dead: We only need a forum for suggestions and comments. :P

I agree with Steve, we could have a forum for the Newspaper for Comments and Feedback from Sal's, but I don't agree with a section we can only see. We already have a newspaper forums. :blink:

But, a Newspaper comments, feedback, applications, and announcements forum would be very helpful.

I like Steve's idea too. :blink: The newspaper should definitely have a forum for taking suggestions and comments, just like the Salcast. I could probably just set this up now... :box:

I like Steve's idea too. :blink: The newspaper should definitely have a forum for taking suggestions and comments, just like the Salcast. I could probably just set this up now... :box:

Then can you set up the forum for other language guides :D.

I like Steve's idea too. :blink: The newspaper should definitely have a forum for taking suggestions and comments, just like the Salcast. I could probably just set this up now... :D

Then can you set up the forum for other language guides :P.

The reason I haven't done so already is because we don't have any set plan for how we're going to accept these guides. The guides all need to be verified for accuracy by someone who can translate from one language to another, so we're going to need a team of people to do this, so I think this needs to be discussed with the other staff members first before I start making subforums and creating groups and such. :box: But it will get done, I assure you.

I like Steve's idea too. :) The newspaper should definitely have a forum for taking suggestions and comments, just like the Salcast. I could probably just set this up now... :)

Thank you! A section for the newspaper on Sal's would be very great! :P

I like Steve's idea too. :P The newspaper should definitely have a forum for taking suggestions and comments, just like the Salcast. I could probably just set this up now... :)

Then can you set up the forum for other language guides :).

The reason I haven't done so already is because we don't have any set plan for how we're going to accept these guides. The guides all need to be verified for accuracy by someone who can translate from one language to another, so we're going to need a team of people to do this, so I think this needs to be discussed with the other staff members first before I start making subforums and creating groups and such. :) But it will get done, I assure you.

I thought the group that was getting involved, Simple, myself and others were agreeing that the main rule is 1) NO TRANSLATORS, rewrite the guide yourself in the language. 2) Make sure people agree it is readible so for Spanish for example I would ask Jose.

Yes, but there needs to be some structure to who checks the guides for consistency, as we really can't just *hope* that the translation is correct. This idea can probably be combined with another idea we've been tossing around in the mod forum, and things just need to be finalized before we can get this going. :)

Further talk about multilingual guides should be posted in the previous thread too, because we pretty much hijacked this one. :P

Further talk about multilingual guides should be posted in the previous thread too, because we pretty much hijacked this one. :)
"WE" - that includes you. Stop hijacking threads, Sally!! :) :mad: :P :)

Yay, we get a subforum. :P

:) cool a we get a subforum WOOT :P