Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tempest

Newspaper Forum

I have read most posts, but I'm rushing, correct me if I'm wrong, but will this be password protected?

A rouge (:P) Newspaper dude could leak it. :)

Or will the main forum stay at it's url that it's at now?

*Tired* *Yawn*

If the Salcast has its own forum, why dont we? :P

I think SalCast and Newspaper should both be in a forum called "Media". That forum would include all new Salcasts and all new newspapers. There would be two subforums, one for each thing.

I guess maybe section heads, editor, and vice editor would have mod powers there (same as salcast has in their forum)? Or maybe not section heads...

I completely agree, except for the very last part. Section heads should have Mod powers there as well :)

We also might want something to signify staff. Not a rank, that only makes people try too hard to get it. I was thinking maybe we could have a thread in this possible area with a staff list, and have underbanners that only the staff can use.

I think SalCast and Newspaper should both be in a forum called "Media". That forum would include all new Salcasts and all new newspapers. There would be two subforums, one for each thing.

I guess maybe section heads, editor, and vice editor would have mod powers there (same as salcast has in their forum)? Or maybe not section heads...

I completely agree, except for the very last part. Section heads should have Mod powers there as well :)

Which would give you moderating powers... :).

If we start giving moderating powers to head sections there, I fear we will give modding powers to 10 people and more in that board, and personally, I don't think we should give modding powers to everyone like that. The heads of the newspaper itself sounds enough to me. Remember that you can still ask teh heads of the newspaper or a mod to take an action if, as a section head, feel something has to be done.

Otherwise, I don't thikn we should start giving out modding powers to lots of people like that.

@Co-Z: It would be very easy for the head of the newspaper to make a sticky once they have their board, in which they say who has power in the newspaper, and what rank they are occupying.

Edited by Patou

If we start giving moderating powers to head sections there, I fear we will give modding powers to 10 people and more in that board, and personally, I don't think we should give modding powers to everyone like that. The heads of the newspaper itself sounds enough to me. Remember that you can still ask teh heads of the newspaper or a mod to take an action if, as a section head, feel something has to be done.

Otherwise, I don't thikn we should start giving out modding powers to lots of people like that.

Exactly what I was thinking. :mad: The people who support section heads getting mod powers (except for me :) ) are section heads. :P

I dont think we really need it, as Patau said we can ask Prash or Julz to do whatever for us. And if theres a staff list a mod would know if youre a section head so you could have a bit more say in what goes on in the forum.

Edited by Steve

The new forum is up! :P

If you would like anything, then yes, ask Julz or I. :)

Thanks Sal for making the new board. One problem, though. Whyd you have to make a new category? The index page is already large enough (with the whole RS area hidden :P ). I was hoping for the Salcast forum to be renamed Media, and then one subforum added for newspaper suggestions. And Salcast would keep their suggestions forum. I was dissapointed when I found out that the DM forum was a new category... :)

Edited by Steve

Cool, new forum. What exaclly should we post in it? There arn't any rules :P

Edited by Mrcsupertrain

Thanks Sal for making the new board. One problem, though. Whyd you have to make a new category? The index page is already large enough (with the whole RS area hidden :) ). I was hoping for the Salcast forum to be renamed Media, and then one subforum added for newspaper suggestions. And Salcast would keep their suggestions forum. I was dissapointed when I found out that the DM forum was a new category... :)

I could do that, I just thought a new category would be best. :) Oh well. You can collapse the different categories too so that all you see is the category's name. :P But I'll change it.

Cool, new forum. What exaclly should we post in it? There arn't any rules :)

Don't post yet, let us get it organized :)

:/

:P

:mad:

I was just thinking since section heads are already Mods on the Newspaper Forum, and this sub-forum is for the newspaper, I thought it should carry over :P

Edited by Sgt.Pepper

Thanks Sal for making the new board. One problem, though. Whyd you have to make a new category? The index page is already large enough (with the whole RS area hidden :s ). I was hoping for the Salcast forum to be renamed Media, and then one subforum added for newspaper suggestions. And Salcast would keep their suggestions forum. I was dissapointed when I found out that the DM forum was a new category... :)

I could do that, I just thought a new category would be best. :) Oh well. You can collapse the different categories too so that all you see is the category's name. :ice: But I'll change it.

Yeah I know about that, I have the RS category hidden. :aware::queen: