Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Nathy

Type Of Forum?

Which forum system should I get for a scripting forum?

I am looking for a free one.

I have IPB 1.3.1 that I got before they went paid but I don't think its safe to use.

Thanks Nathy :(

Edited by nathy

IPBv1.3 Has some holes, but I would use it as a perfectly good "free" forum. You could also try PHPBB, but if I were you I would stick with IPB.

There are many different type's of forums you can try:

• VBulletin - Not Free - www.vbulletin.com
  • Phpbb - Free - www.phpbb.com
  • IPB - This is can be brought or you can use the ipb 1.3 free. - www.invisionpower.com
  • SMF - Free - Very good piece of forum software - www.simplemachine.org

Above you can see a list of all the main forum types. All of which are really good and I recommend. I have used all of them and feel each have different strengths over the other. I would try some of them out and see how you feel with them.

SMF (Simple Machines Forum) is an excellent piece of forum software. I have used many forums and SMF is the easiest to update. In the admin panel its only a few clicks and there you go, update complete.

There is also a mod installer (Very Good) and best of all its free.

Alot of people dont think about this software, but you should get MyBB. Simular to IPB and very open-sourced!

Alot of people dont think about this software, but you should get MyBB. Simular to IPB and very open-sourced!

I know you're new here, but please refrain from posting in old topics (ones that haven't been posted in in over 7 days). Thanks. :D