Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Beeboy

Elemental Workshop 2 Quest Guide

Elemental Workshop II

Written by : Bboyjyoung

Special Thanks : Jnr J, Colinross, Terminator

Among the ancient scrolls and papers held at the Dig Site's Examination Centre scholars have discovered more references to the mysterious elemental ore. Recently they have uncovered a beaten book detailing long-lost uses for this odd material.

Can you decrypt the code that will lead you to the deeper depths of the Elemental Workshop? Can you get your head around fixing the mind-bending machinery, or will you fry your brain in the attempt?

Start point:

Exam Centre at the Dig Site

To start:

Search the bookcases and read a Beaten Book.

Quest length:

Short

Members only:

Yes

Minimum requirements:

Quests:

First Elemental Workshop Quest

Levels:

Level 20 Magic

Level 30 Smithing

Items Needed : Battered Key, Hammer, Pickaxe (To get Elemental Ore), 3 Elemental Bars (1 elemental ore, 4 coal each).

Recommended : Teleport Runes.

Begin the quest by going to the Digsite exam centre. Search the bookcases in the south-east corner of the Exam Centre.

elework2start.png

Once you have searched the bookcases, you should find a Beaten Bookbook1tv3.gif. When you open it to read it, you will discover a Scroll scroll1st0.gifwith some odd markings on it.

scorlldir.png

Read the book at your leisure, and bring it with you to seer's village. You can teleport to camelot if you want.

Once in seer's village, go back inside the workshop from the First Elemental Workshop Quest. If you do not have your key, you can refer to the guide and get a new one from the bookshelf in the seer's house.

clixelmap.png

Click here for maps of the workshops. [This can be used for the Elemental Workshop dungeon and the first quest guide]. Refer to this if you cannot find something you are looking for.

machinerykey.png

Inside the workshop, begin by heading north into the watermill room. Search the machinery near some crates in the west side of the room for a Keykey1yl6.gif. Once you have that key, you will be able to proceed in the large opening in the very centre of the workshop.

eldoor.png

Go downstairs. You will be inside a vast, secondary workshop. To the south is an old, broken elemental claw crane and a few crates.

craneshcmebo.png

Search the crates, and you should find a few schematicsabonegi2.gif. Take the schematics with you. Get 3 elemental bars ready (Refer to First Elemental Workshop Quest).

Head back upstairs to the first workshop, and use your elemental bars on the workbench. You should be given the possibility and option to smith either a Elemental Helm hatdw5.gif or Elemental Clawpurplethingaa3.gif. To make the helm you need to keep the Beaten book with you. Make them both and keep your third bar.

Go back downstairs. You will now need to repair the Crane. Lower it by pulling the lever just west of the crate with the schematics.

pullcrane.png

Once it's lowered you will be able to reach it for the necessary repairs. Use your elemental claw on it. After it's repaired, raise it.

minecartconrtol.png

Once the claw is repaired, place an elemental bar on the Jig Cart. Do not move it yet. Lower the crane again, and it should pick up your bar. Raise the crane again. Now, rotate it so it can be above the lava using the eastern lever. Lower the crane again. This should dip your elemental bar into the lava, and it will turn Orange.

Raise the crane again, then turn it with the other lever once more so you can place on the jig cart. Lower the crane then raise it. Now, walk behind you and you should see the mine cart controls.

Pull the lever, and your jig cart and bar should move on to the next step, the press. You will need to go upstairs and repair the pipes, however. Go up the ladder stairs near the Schematics crate, and look for a large Junction box. Open it. You will see an interface with 3 pipes on the right and 6 Pipe openings on the left. To connect the pipe junctions, simply click on one pipe section and then click the section to which you want to connect it to. Set up your pipes like this :

junkboxng0.png

Once they are connected in the proper way, go back downstairs and pull the lever that is just next to three small pipes. This should flatten your bar. Now, go back to the mine cart controls and pull the lever once. It should now move on in front of a water tank.

You will need to repair the pipes before proceeding. Search all crates (Upper and lower sections of the secondary workshop. There are some crates under the stairs too, and the location is random for everyone) until you find a Pipelookslikeabedql7.gif and then go to the upper second section workshop, where the Junction box is.

piepre.png

Go up north until you see some pipes. One should have a hole in it. Use your pipe on that to fix it. Go back downstairs.

watertank.png

Open the door by pulling the lever, and then operate the Corkscrew lever. This should place some railings under your cart. Operate the Corkscrew device once more, and your bar and cart should be place inside the water tank. Close the door with the lever and head to the Western water valve. The water should flood the tank and cool down your elemental bar a bit. It will now be Blue. Now you have to drain the water. Turn the Eastern water valve and then the Western valve. Open the door, and operate the corkscrew wheel twice to place your cart and bar back on track. Close the door.

Grab a Small Cog from the crate near the northern water valve, and proceed to the mine cart controls. Pull the lever once. Now, it should be under a Wind Tunnel. It cannot operate yet, and is need of repair as well. You will have to find 3 Cogs.

1. smallcogkq4.gif The Small Cog
  2. mediumcogpg9.gif The Medium Cog
  3. bigcogyi3.gif Lastly, the Large Cog.

To find the cogs, search All the crates in the secondary workshop. They are randomly located for each different person. They can also be on the upper section of the second workshop and there are some crates under the stairs too.

Once you have found them all, use them on the wind tunnel Pins on the side. Click a cog and then Right Click the machine.

windut.png

CogsPlaced.png

Once correctly configured, pull the lever and the wind fan should start to blow. Stop the fan after a few seconds. Your bar will turn white. If has not turned white, stop the fan and start it again. Go back to the mine cart controls. Pull the lever once again. Now, pick up your Primed barwhiterugrz2.gif from the cart.

Go down the north-western staircases that lead downstairs from there. You should find an Extractor machine and an Extractor Gun. Place your primed bar under the gun. Operate the chair.

mindzap.png

You should be zapped and lose some magic levels temporarily. If you don't do this correctly, you will be damaged. Once you have done this, your bar should be infused with Mind Power. Bring the Primed Mind Bar lookslikearugna3.gif upstairs to the first workshop, and use it with the workbench. You must make a Helm in order to complete the quest. A shield will not work.

scrollquest.png

QUEST COMPLETE!

Rewards :

1 Quest Point

Elemental Helm

Mind Helmet

7.5k Crafting & Smithing Experience

Ability to equip and make Mind Elemental equipment.

New Mind Elemental equipment :

This new equipment is made from the elemental mind primed bars. You must repeat the whole process of the second workshop (No repairs needed) In order to obtain additional bars. Then you must infuse it on the extractor. Afterwards, smith it on a workbench. You must have the Beaten Book (From Digsite) to make the helms and a Slashed book (From Seer's Village Bookcase or bookshelf from your house) to make the shields. You can only smith them on the Workbenches in the workshop.

Mind Equipment has better magical defence than regular elemental gear.

newgeareey7.gif

mindstuffqb6.gif

Mind Helmet & Mind Shield

hatdw5.gif

Elemental Helm

(ADD TO MAGIC GUIDE)

Edited by Beeboy

i knew that you will start the guide

gl on it

Edited by Me-Bomb

BeeBoy always writes the best quest guides. :grindteeth:

Good luck on the quest, and guide. :(

Ok, I stuck with the claw now. If I find out I will tell you.

:(

Ok, I stuck with the claw now. If I find out I will tell you.

:(

I think that's how far Stix is, talk to him :grindteeth: .

I did it, so I need to make the elemental helm...I think

Lol so confusing o.O. Do ya think well be able to wear the helmet?

I made the helmet, but I don't know what to do with it.

And yes you can wear it. It has a small animation when you put it on, like the shield.

Go BBOY on elemental workshop 2's quest guide. show them whos the man at writing quest guides. and goodluck

I'm stuck on the cooler bit now...

We will figure it out :(

wo0t we are making a quest guide faster than the speed of runehq and tip.it!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want, you can use these pictures (pretty please, can someone make them transparent...)

elementalworkshop2rewardvw1.png

mindhelmetstatsiq6.png

Stats are for mind helmet.

YES!someone has done the quest!now just a few adjustments,and Sal can upload it!

I made the helmet, but I don't know what to do with it.

And yes you can wear it. It has a small animation when you put it on, like the shield.

You must wear the helmet in order to make primed bar into elemental mind bar. Just go downstairs, put primed bar on the machine on the east room, and sit on the hair-dryer looking seat. :(

After you smith your bar, you receive mind helmet, and the quest is complete!

our guide-making speed is faster than runehq and tip.it lol

this is weird. It says that the tank needs to be empty but it already is. :(

this is weird. It says that the tank needs to be empty but it already is. :(

That's because you have not sequenced the valves properly. East first, then west.

Alright folks, i've completed the quest. I'm uploading images and doing finishing touches.

then we can upload and beat the other big sites :(

Wow bee that was really fast. :grindteeth: Great job. Now get those pictures up :(

Beeboy is going to do it yet again! Good luck on that guide (how many have you made so far :grindteeth: :( )!

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.