Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phisher

Hunting Help Guide - Complete

You can also have a very (very) long conversation with the imp by choosing the 'Talk-to' option on the box. I won't ruin the conversation by posting a picture, beleive me it's worth it.

Should be "believe". :)

Anyways, really nice guide! This could have really helped me, but I'm almost finished my hunting goal anyways (60 hunting :D).

Keep it up. But I can't imagine what else you can add. :aware:

Another way to get from 43 to 60 is Swamp Lizards or Orange Salamanders. Its somewhat faster if you find yourself in a world where there are far too many people in the Falconry. Then again, alot of people train at the Swamp Lizard spots, and the Orange Salamander spots, so it breaks even. Either is a fine way to level instead of Falconry.

Currently level 64 Hunter. :ice:

Going for 66, then quitting, and possibly starting up again to go to 71.

Another way to get from 43 to 60 is Swamp Lizards or Orange Salamanders. Its somewhat faster if you find yourself in a world where there are far too many people in the Falconry. Then again, alot of people train at the Swamp Lizard spots, and the Orange Salamander spots, so it breaks even. Either is a fine way to level instead of Falconry.

Well it really depends how active these spots are once the Hunting Skill craze nearly vanishes and we just have a normal skill work.

Exactly.

The problem is, there will still be lots of people using the best training spots, so it'll still be quite hard until we get a good deviation in the High Scores.

Pertaining to the guide: As unethical as it is, I think it should include methods of taking over a world's trap system even if there are people there. Otherwise we'll have people hopping 50+ worlds to get a red salamander spot, only to have it stolen from them in 10 minutes.

You have a pretty good guide going so far.... but i read it all but if it isn't already there you need to add:

-when hunting kebbits (dead fall), its recommended to use their preffered bait as it increases the chances of them activating the trap.

-when hunting animals that you need to wait for (deadfall, box trap, net trap, bird snare, ect) it is recommened that you wear the appropriate camo armour for the area, and camo armour can be made at the varrock fancy clothing store and each piece needs 2 furs and 20gp, furs can be cought from tracking kebbits.

- hiding behind trees, bushes, ect. can help you catch an animal when you have to sit around for it to activate the trap, as the animal has a lesser chance of seeing you.

-when using traps, make sure to bring more then you need, if you happen to lose connection or log out when you have set a trap, you will lose them for good.

Sorry if i have stated something that is already in the guide, but i am fealing a little "off earth" today :ice: .

Edited by Ancient Cavalry

You have a pretty good guide going so far.... but i read it all but if it isn't already there you need to add:

-when hunting kebbits (dead fall), its recommended to use their preffered bait as it increases the chances of them activating the trap.

-when hunting animals that you need to wait for (deadfall, box trap, net trap, bird snare, ect) it is recommened that you wear the appropriate camo armour for the area, and camo armour can be made at the varrock fancy clothing store and each piece needs 2 furs and 20gp, furs can be cought from tracking kebbits.

- hiding behind trees, bushes, ect. can help you catch an animal when you have to sit around for it to activate the trap, as the animal has a lesser chance of seeing you.

-when using traps, make sure to bring more then you need, if you happen to lose connection or log out when you have set a trap, you will lose them for good.

Sorry if i have stated something that is already in the guide, but i am fealing a little "off earth" today :ice: .

I would say so. This is the Hunting Help Guide, the guide to show you the fastest way to level hunting.

These guides are the ones your comments should be on:

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/inde...showtopic=93934

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/inde...showtopic=94617

You can also have a very (very) long conversation with the imp by choosing the 'Talk-to' option on the box. I won't ruin the conversation by posting a picture, beleive me it's worth it.

Should be "believe". :blink:

Anyways, really nice guide! This could have really helped me, but I'm almost finished my hunting goal anyways (60 hunting :P ).

Keep it up. But I can't imagine what else you can add. :xd:

Thanks, I always get those mixed up :evil:

I'll add that then. That's just about all I needed to finish. I'll plug the links for the images into a word document so I won't have top retype them :aware:

The links are now in, the guide is finished. Although there are some massive spaces, I'll try to remove them if I can.

Edited by ßarbeque

hunthelp.png

69+ Hunting

I have found that using falconery to train on Dashing, and Dark kebbits in the area shown above is faster exp per hour than red salamanders. Another possitive aspect is that you dont have to run around much since both creatures spawn close to each other, and less time wasted setting up traps. The kebbit combo is 288 exp total compared to 272 with red salamanders. Also dont have to worry as much about thiefs or your traps falling apart.

hunthelp.png

69+ Hunting

I have found that using falconery to train on Dashing, and Dark kebbits in the area shown above is faster exp per hour than red salamanders. Another possitive aspect is that you dont have to run around much since both creatures spawn close to each other, and less time wasted setting up traps. The kebbit combo is 288 exp total compared to 272 with red salamanders. Also dont have to worry as much about thiefs or your traps falling apart.

Thanks, I added that to the guide :evil:

HELLHOUND HUNTING

Hellhound Guide By OnYx and Redalert501

Credits To Cxkslei, ~Alexander FT~, Masao, Sparhawke, Gazisere and Chαoτic ĸnighτ™

This can be dangerous to people who are below level 70. Above that you should be fine.

Okay, this guide should help people how to train on the cutest little doggies you've ever seen.

There are many ways to fight the Hellhound. In fact, you can use any style you want on them! Hellhounds are found at Taverly Dungeon, west of Falador and south of druid village. You can also find them at Ardougne Pure Gold Dungeon and deep in the Wilderness. You need to go past many monsters before you reach the hounds. So let me show you what you will need in...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.:YOUR INVENTORY:.

For WARRIORS your inventory you should look something like this:

inventorymq8.png

You can swap the food for anything better.

The Anti-Dragonfire shield is for running past level 111 Blue dragons. If they get a lucky fire-ball on you it could be very dangerous. So when you run past be sure to have it equipped.

The Dragon battle-axe is for its special only. It raises your strength by a good amount, it can be swapped for a Super Strength Potion or just a normal strength potion.

The Anti-Poison is for running past the Poison Spiders only a short walk above the hounds.

Before you can get to the Hellhounds, you will need a dusty key. Go north of the Chaos Dwarves and past the Hill Giants. Go into the Black Knights Lair and west of the room after the door is a jail. Kill the jailer and get his key. Unlock the jail and talk to the Explorer. Ask him if he knows anywhere to explore and he will give you a Dusty Key. Go back to the place with Chaos Dwarves and Lesser Demons and use the Dusty Key on the door. This will take you to the Blue Dragons. You can also get a Key after passing the Blue Dragons and near the Lava Eels fishing spot.

The runes are explained below.

For RANGERS you can pretty much have exactly the same inventory, changing the dragon battle-axe for food or a Range Potion.

For MAGES your inventory should look something like this:

redalertmageinventwy4.png

The runes are up to you. If you want to use Deaths instead of Chaos, go knock yourself out.

Some food is recommended.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.:YOUR WEAPONS AND ARMOUR:.

armourweapsys3.png

Helmet: Berserker Helm can be use for its good defence and strength bonus. It can be swapped for Barrows, Dragon or Rune.

Body plate: Rune is the cheapest with the best defence. Anything below is too weak. Can be swapped for Barrows or Dragon.

Legs: Again, Rune is the best, but for higher levels, Barrows is better. Maybe even Dragon.

Weapon:Rune Halberd. Can be swapped for a Dragon Halberd.

Shield: If you can use a Halberd you can't hold a shield.

Boots: Adamant or Rune Boots boots are good. If you want, you can use Climbing Boots for its Strength bonus.

Gloves: White gloves, gauntlets, Recipe for Disaster gloves. All is a good choice. Recipe for Disaster gloves are good for there Strength bonus.

Ring: Ring of Wealth or Ring of Life. If you want you can use a Ring of Recoil if you are going to Melee them front on.

Amulet: Strength is the best for the Strength bonus. Fury, Power, its all good.

Cape: What ever you want. Obsidian Cape and the Cape of Legends are the best for their defence bonus.

For Mages it should look like this.

redalertmageweariv9.png

Helmet: Blue Mystic Hat. This can be swapped for any other colour from the Mystic set. Or can be replaced with Ahrim’s Hood if you can afford it and have 70 Defence and Mage. It also can be replaced by an Infinity Hat.

Bodyplate: Blue Mystic Top. Can be replaced by the other Mystics, .Ahrim's Robe Top or Infinity Robe Top.

Legs: Blue Mystic Bottoms. Can be replaced by other Mystic, Ahrim's Robe Skirt or Infinity Robe Bottoms.

Weapon: Air Staff. This is for a no Air trip. If you have loads of Airs and less of another, you can swap the staff around to suit the spell. Ancient Mage could be done here, but it would really be a waste of runes.

Shield: Guthix book of Balance. It can be replaced by a Saradomin book or Zamarok book.

Boots: Blue Mystic Boots, can be replaced by other Mystic, or Infinity Boots.

Gloves: Blue Mystic Gloves, can be replaced by other Mystic or Infinity Gloves

Ring: Ring of Life is recommended because if you get too low in health, you will get teleported straight to Lumbridge or Falador depending on what you set it to. NOTE:: Falador can only be a near death teleport once you complete the quest: Recruitment Drive

Amulet: Amulet of Glory, if you don't have one, you can easily make an Amulet of Mage. If you can kill Hellhounds, you must have some high levels.

Cape: Obsidian Cape can be used or if not, God capes can be used.

NOTE! You should have at least 60 Range before attempting to range Hellhounds.

Rangers can change this to suit there Range level.

For Moderate rangers this is recommended:

alexrangetc9.png

Helmet: Archer Helmet This can be changed to a Robin Hood Hat or can be left blank.

Bodyplate:Blue Dragonhide Body. It can be changed to another Dragonhide.

Legs:Blue Dragonhide Chaps. It can be changed to another Dragonhide.

Arrows: If you are using a Magic Bow of any kind, any arrows are good. Above steel is recommended.

Weapon: Magic Shortbow. Can be swapped for Crystal or Magic Longbow.

Shield: Nothing. If using a cross-bow, any shield with good range bonus is good.

Boots: White boots. Can be changed to anything else. Ranger boots are good if you can afford them. Metal boots (Rune, Adamantite, Mithril etc .) is NOT recommended even though it has good defence bonus, it lacks range bonus. And you should be hiding behind rocks and that so you shouldn't need good defence.

Gloves: Anything that has good range bonus is good. If not then nothing. JaGeX has released "Spiky Vambraces." These give better defence bonus and a 1+ Strength bonus.

Ring: A Ring of Wealth wont do much here, use a Ring of Life or an Archer ring if you can afford one.

Amulet: Glory, Accuracy, Fury. Any is good.

Cape: Legends is good and so is Obsidian . After completing Animal Magnetism, Ada gives you her own little device called "Ada's Device." This gives you certain arrows over a period of time.

For High level Rangers this is also acceptable:

The following outfit is recommended for rangers.

masaorangeqk7.png

Helmet: Archer Helmet. For a higher range bonus, a God Coif or Robin Hood Hat may be used.

Body: Black D'hide body.

Legs: Black D'hide chaps.

Arrows: Steel or Mithril arrows.

Weapon: Magic Shortbow or a Crystal Bow. Iron Knives are also a good choice.

Shield: N/A. If using Iron knives as your weapon, use a completed Unholy Book for +8 range attack bonus.

Boots: Boots of Lightness to decrease time taken to run to Hellhounds, or Ranger Boots for faster kills.

Gloves: Barrows Gloves. Can be obtained from the Recipe for Disaster chest after completion of the quest. If you do not have access to these gloves, use the best Recipe for Disaster gloves you have access to, or the highest level Dragonhide vambraces you can wear, depending on the range bonus.

Ring: Ring of Wealth or Archer Ring.

Amulet: Amulet of Glory or an Amulet of Fury.

Cape: Legend's, Obsidian, Spottier, or a God cape. Preferably a Spotty or Spottier for faster trips to and from the bank/your house.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.:HALBERD SPOTS:.

This will show you where some places to attack Hellhounds without getting hit yourself! You will take some damage when you attack them when you lure them to a spot or when you run past them.

This is the "Invisible Line" trick. This is a boundary that the stops the Hellhounds from attacking you.

invisiblelineth7.png

Here is anther spot for no damage ownage!! It's easy to find. :greenhat:

spots2hs0.png

.:ESCAPE METHOD:.

To escape from this evil dungeon you can do either: Teleport or walk out.

Bringing runes is not necessary due to the Home Teleport. This takes no runes and sends you straight to Lumbridge. Make sure you are in an un-reachable place so the Hellhounds can't attack you when you try to leave.

.:NOTE:.

Hellhounds are level 122 and can easily hit 11s. If you are a low level I suggest you use a Rune or Dragon Halberd. They drop only 2 things: bones and a Level Three Clue Scroll! Great isn't it? Well... getting one can take a long time. I myself only got after 3 days, 1hour each, then I got one after 2 kills.

Check the Treasure Trails Guide for more info.

Pure Gold Dungeon Hellhound Hunting

Another easy way to train on your favourite puppies is in the Pure Gold Dungeon which is part of the Family Crest quest. It is suggested to have a high defence (60+) if you want to last long here without banking for more food.

hellhoundfightingap8.png

hellhoundfighting01qp4.png

If you haven't done Family Crest (you might have to have talked to the dwarf Boot in the quest to access it) you have to pull the levers you will find throughout it in a certain order.

hellhoundfighting083rdtw3.png

• Go to the north wall and pull the lever there so it is UP
  • Now go into the south room and pull that lever UP
  • Now go back to the north wall and pull its lever DOWN
  • You can now enter the north room to pull that lever UP
  • Proceed outside to pull the lever on the north wall UP
  • Go into the south room again to pull that lever DOWN

You now have access to the cage where the hellhounds are. An example of a suggested inventory and equipment is below.

hellhoundfighting02sk6.png

This is a suggested inventory for melee'ers wishing to fight the hellhounds in this dungeon. The DDS is of course, optional (I like to use its special when I get a full special bar just for the fun of it). The law and water runes for Ardougne teleport are of course optional if you don't have the level (51 Magic) or if you don't have enough law runes. Lobsters or better are suggested, but tuna or cakes would be alright (cakes are convenient as you can steal them in Ardougne).

hellhoundfighting06ft7.png

This equipment is a very loose guideline, depending on your level you may have better/worse armour/weapons. This is a good example for what to wear for mid-level 80's, however.

Kill the hellhounds in the caged area until you have used up your food.

hellhoundfighting05ie2.png

If you wish to kill the Hellhounds without taking much damage, then try Halberding them in these spots:

hellhoundvm6.jpg

---------------------------

Clue Scrolls

Often you will get level 3 clue scrolls when fighting hellhounds (See the level 3 clues section of the Treasure Trail guide).

xdbz8.png

It is recommended that you do the scrolls (if you have protect from magic at least, and you think you can take on Saradomin Wizards lvl 108) as they can be quite rewarding.

Edited by OnYx

Well this should be a fun thing to see :P

Good luck on your guide,though why do I get the feeling I've seen a guide of this already :s

And just to point out a little thing - isn't it spelled 'doggies' not 'doggys'(in the first sentance)? Thats what I think at least

Edited by Đ-Generation X™

Well this should be a fun thing to see :P

Good luck on your guide,though why do I get the feeling I've seen a guide of this already :s

And just to point out a little thing - isn't it spelled 'doggies' not 'doggys'(in the first sentance)? Thats what I think at least

Yep, doggies would be the correct pluralization. I doubt to see how you can call them cute, their demon dogs with red eyes.

Why don't we just make a Demon Slaying Guide consisting of: HellHounds, Lesser Demons (Use one already onsite), Greater Demons and Black Demons so its actually used for more then one single purpose and requires more than mininum effort?

Oh and you missed the Ardougne pure gold dungeon.

Edited by Cxkslei

ok thanks guys, ill try to write all of it up and then paste it in word for grammar ect

is the Ardougne pure gold dungeon a real dungeon? never heard of it before...

if i can get a hold of any Demon guides ill be sure to add them with creds and Made by to the respectful owner.

Edited by OnYx

is the Ardougne pure gold dungeon a real dungeon? never heard of it before...

if i can get a hold of any Demon guides ill be sure to add them with creds and Made by to the respectful owner.

Yes, that dungeon is real and there is a Dungeon Guide about it.

Lesser Demon Slaying Guide.

I train on hellhounds in the pure gold dungeon quite often and will get some pictures on how to get there, what inventory etc. if you want. I'll probably be able to get it today or tomorrow, if you can wait. ^_^

that would be awesome if you could get some for me.

Like i said, i've never heard of the pure gold dungeon till today. I can wait for the pic yeah, so when ever you can get them in is great. Creds aswell ::D:

OnYx ^_^

I've been spending around 3-4 minutes at crimson swifts without getting even 1 at level 5.

Are you sure they are faster then polar kebbits?

I've been spending around 3-4 minutes at crimson swifts without getting even 1 at level 5.

Once I got around 8 Hunting they had seemed to speed up considerably fast :P .

I'm 6 right now and the last swift I got took me 5-6 minutes atleast. I'm all alone too...

I saw most of the top hunters at red salamanders so i doubt dashing kebbits are faster :s

I think they're reasonably close. I've seen Inuyasha8750 at salamanders and Theredplanet (back when he was in the top 10) at kebbits in that spot so...

(P.S. Thanks for saving my guide :D )

QUOTE(Cxkslei)

QUOTE(Raz)

I'm 6 right now and the last swift I got took me 5-6 minutes atleast. I'm all alone too...

Yes, after the first couple days, not so many people are at low levels anymore (at least those who want to train it) so I had a hard time finding a picture of a failed bird snare (hadn't failed in 100+ times, switched worlds till I found one with people.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.