Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phisher

Hunting Help Guide - Complete

Another place that appears to be good experience at high levels is the Red Chinchompas that require level 63 to catch.

I've been at Tropical Wagtails from level 50-55 (what I am at the moment) and have seen a number of high levels including the current Rank 6 catching Chinchompas to the north and south of the Tropical Wagtails.

From about 50-55 Hunter Tropical Wagtails will earn you around 40-45k xp per hour.

Another place that appears to be good experience at high levels is the Red Chinchompas that require level 63 to catch.

I've been at Tropical Wagtails from level 50-55 (what I am at the moment) and have seen a number of high levels including the current Rank 6 catching Chinchompas to the north and south of the Tropical Wagtails.

From about 50-55 Hunter Tropical Wagtails will earn you around 40-45k xp per hour.

How crowded are they? When I went (the Tuesday after it came out) it was packed and I trouble catching any birds.

i read about the spoty cape gloves of silence and spotier cape but they dont explain what they do so here is the infomation

Spotty cape - Reduces your weight by 2kg

Gloves of silence - Chances of pickpocketing are increased

Spottier cape - Reduces your weight by 4kg

How crowded are they? When I went (the Tuesday after it came out) it was packed and I trouble catching any birds.

During the time I was there it was fairly easy to find a world where there were no other people around. If somebody else did come along, hopping worlds and finding another world was just as easy.

Since I got 57 Hunter today I tried the Dark Kebbits at the Falcon place and was managing to get xp at a speed of about 50k xp per hour by using a Dark Kebbit and a Spotted Kebbit spawn in the area that spikes off the east side of the enclosure.

Edited by Neo Avatars

i read about the spoty cape gloves of silence and spotier cape but they dont explain what they do so here is the infomation

Spotty cape - Reduces your weight by 2kg

Gloves of silence - Chances of pickpocketing are increased

Spottier cape - Reduces your weight by 4kg

Gee, thanks, I never knew :unsure:

During the time I was there it was fairly easy to find a world where there were no other people around. If somebody else did come along, hopping worlds and finding another world was just as easy.

Since I got 57 Hunter today I tried the Dark Kebbits at the Falcon place and was managing to get xp at a speed of about 50k xp per hour by using a Dark Kebbit and a Spotted Kebbit spawn in the area that spikes off the east side of the enclosure.

Hmm, so it seems falconry is just as good when Wagtails are empty. Oh well, I can't explore lower levels anymore :o

that would be awesome if you could get some for me.

Like i said, i've never heard of the pure gold dungeon till today. I can wait for the pic yeah, so when ever you can get them in is great. Creds aswell ::/:

OnYx :)

I train on hellhounds in the pure gold dungeon quite often and will get some pictures on how to get there, what inventory etc. if you want. I'll probably be able to get it today or tomorrow, if you can wait. :yinyang:

K, I'm back and I have some pictures.

Use whatever pictures you want, feel free to edit them, thumbnail them or change my text.

Pure Gold Dungeon Hellhound Hunting

Another easy way to train on your favorite puppies is in the Pure Gold Dungeon which is part of the Family Crest quest. It is suggested to have a high defense (60+) if you want to last long here without banking for more food.

hellhoundfightingap8.png

hellhoundfighting01qp4.png

If you haven't done Family Crest (you might have to have talked to the dwarf Boot in the quest to access it) you have to pull the levers you will find throughout it in a certain order.

hellhoundfighting083rdtw3.png

• Go to the north wall and pull the lever there so it is UP
  • Now go into the south room and pull that lever UP
  • Now go back to the north wall and pull its lever DOWN
  • You can now enter the north room to pull that lever UP
  • Proceed outside to pull the lever on the north wall UP
  • Go into the south room again to pull that lever DOWN

You now have access to the cage where the hellhounds are. An example of a suggested inventory and equiptment is below.

hellhoundfighting02sk6.png

This is a suggested inventory for melee'ers wishing to fight the hellhounds in this dungeon. The dds, is of course, optional (I like to use its specs when I get a full special bar just for the fun of it). The law and water runes for Ardougne teleport are of course optional if you don't have the level (51 Magic) or if you don't have enough law runes. Lobsters or better are suggested, but tuna or cakes would be alright (cakes are conveniant as you can steal them in Ardougne).

hellhoundfighting06ft7.png

This equipment is a very loose guideline, depending on your level you may have better/worse armor/weapons. This is a good example for what to wear for mid-level 80's, however.

Kill the hellhounds in the caged area until you have used up your food.

[NOTE TO ONYX: You can use any of these 3 pics anywhere in your guide, or a combination of them]

hellhoundfighting07mi2.png

hellhoundfighting05ie2.png

hellhoundfighting04dn2.png

---------------------------

This part is another section of your guide you can have, if you want.

Clue Scrolls

Often you will get level 3 clue scrolls when fighting hellhounds (See the level 3 clues section of the Treasure Trail guide).

hellhoundfightingextratjd0.png

getlvl3clue15thmb0.png

[NOTE: Use whichever]

It is reccomended that you do the scrolls (if you have protect from magic at least, and you think you can take on Saradomin Wizards lvl 108) as they can be quite rewarding.

---------------------------

Well that's all for now! :(

Gl on finishing the guide, and don't forget to credit me lol :aware:

Edited by Redalert501

*The spottier cape really reduces your wieght by 5kg, but weighs 1kg itself, so in reality it only reduces 4kg of weight.

Found a typo... Great guide :yawn:

Edited by Tiddyn

80+

06dec05124032mk9.png

When you can lay 5 traps at a time you should go train on red chinchompas.Red chinchompas are found in feldip hunter area and there are a lot of good spots in the western part.Make sure you have about 10 traps with you in case you lose some.Also this can be profitable when you sell you chinchompas for 150-250 each.They are stackable so you dont even have to bank.Enjoy the fastest hunter training and good luck on getting the skillcape.

--------------------------------------------------------

Barbeque,i saw leronea,yogosun and inuyasha8750 at red salamanders but i herd from many high lvls that chinchompas are the best training and so it is,i've tried them.Its 67k-100k per hour (depends on level).

Edited by albert2006xp

80+

06dec05124032mk9.png

When you can lay 5 traps at a time you should go train on red chinchompas.Red chinchompas are found in feldip hunter area and there are a lot of good spots in the western part.Make sure you have about 10 traps with you in case you lose some.Also this can be profitable when you sell you chinchompas for 150-250 each.They are stackable so you dont even have to bank.Enjoy the fastest hunter training and good luck on getting the skillcape.

Heh, haven't hunted in a while, guess it's time to start again. Almost forgot where the feldip area was :D

I'll add when I get a minute to re-quote everything

Bah too lazy to fix the hunter guide link.

Sorry for the massive spaces, they're not my fault.

Edited by ßarbeque

Well the Lesser part is actually unneeded I think ^_^

The site already has a Lesser Demon slaying guide

A paragraph appears as this:

Good job on making it this far in hunting! You can now set 4 traps! This means you can train on Red Salamanders faster than kebbits. Red Salamanders give 272 xp per kill, and once you find an empty world you'll be cruising through levels. You will need one small nets per one rope (bring 5 of each in case you lose one) in order to catch salamanders. Red Salamanders live south-west of Ardougne

near the Scorpius Shrine. **You can go to either set of trees, there's one more south-west than the other that I used to train.

I'm not sure but I don't see any IMG tag there so I suggest you delete that space :xd:. Great guide so far.

hmmm u've put the chinchompas before the dashing kebbits...thats like making ppl go to dashings after 69...chinchompas only get better than salamanders at 80,from 60 to 80 u should do salamanders

Fixed thanks.

A paragraph appears as this:

Good job on making it this far in hunting! You can now set 4 traps! This means you can train on Red Salamanders faster than kebbits. Red Salamanders give 272 xp per kill, and once you find an empty world you'll be cruising through levels. You will need one small nets per one rope (bring 5 of each in case you lose one) in order to catch salamanders. Red Salamanders live south-west of Ardougne

near the Scorpius Shrine. **You can go to either set of trees, there's one more south-west than the other that I used to train.

I'm not sure but I don't see any IMG tag there so I suggest you delete that space :xd: . Great guide so far.

Yeah, I have my links saved into a word document so when I edit I have to re-link all my images and occasionally I accidentally highlight the 'enter' space so it leaves gaps like that. I don't think there are anymore now.

for some reason the pictures are bad its proberly becasuie there so much crammed into a tiny space. you should take a picture for example of catching a bird or what ever and then taking a pic when its dead that would make it much better

In Level 9-43 (Method 1)

Once you are level 15, you can catch Ruby Harvest Butterflies. You should catch 227 of them until which will get you level 25. Whcih means you are now able to catch Sapphire Glacials in the Snow Hunting Area

Which

Level 20-43(Method 2) - Just below pic

Addding spiked kebbits to the mix will make those last 6 levels go faster. Once you hit level 40, you can set up 3 traps (2 snares and a deadfall).

Adding

Useful Fairy Ring Codes:

These can be utilised to teleport to the main hunting areas and will save you a trip walking there.

utilized

Silly errors :)

Guide is looking great! :D

In Level 9-43 (Method 1)
Once you are level 15, you can catch Ruby Harvest Butterflies. You should catch 227 of them until which will get you level 25. Whcih means you are now able to catch Sapphire Glacials in the Snow Hunting Area

Which

Level 20-43(Method 2) - Just below pic

Addding spiked kebbits to the mix will make those last 6 levels go faster. Once you hit level 40, you can set up 3 traps (2 snares and a deadfall).

Adding

Useful Fairy Ring Codes:

These can be utilised to teleport to the main hunting areas and will save you a trip walking there.

utilized

Silly errors :P

Guide is looking great! :P

Bah. I ran it through MS Word and found some more. Thanks though :P

Well the Lesser part is actually unneeded I think :)

The site already has a Lesser Demon slaying guide

I think this was mean to replace it :P

Edited by Redalert501

Useful Fairy Ring Codes:

utilized

Utilised and utilized are both acceptable spellings. British, Canadians and Aussies spell it with the S while Americans spell it with a Z. ^_^

I'll get mager pic soon... cats trying to jump a8ry67777777777777777777777777777777777777777111111111111111111111111111 around on key board so gotta go

EDIT: Got mage inventory and equip if you want.

Mage

hellhoundfighting0912thic3.png

This is the basic inventory for mages, provided you're using Fire Bolt. An air staff should be wielded, as well as Chaos Gauntlets if you have them. The chaos runes can be replaced with deaths if using blasts (no other spells are reccomended unless you're super-rich).

hellhoundfighting1012thgn1.png

Mystic is suggested, can be replaced with Ahrims or Infinity. For lower levels use wizard robes. The ring of life is again optional, but its suggested as Ring of Wealth has no use here and you might die if you're not paying attention (whether by hellhounds or random events). The Glory Amulet can be replaced with Amulet of Magic or Amulet of Magic (t).

Edited by Redalert501

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.