Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phisher

Hunting Help Guide - Complete

thanks alot Redalert, im not a good mager lol. Can you see why i added you in Written by and not Creds?

Um, yeah, seeing as I wrote ~half the guide. :xd:

Helmet: Bule Mystic Hat. Can be swapped for anyother colour from the Mystic set. Or can be replaced with Ahrims Hood if you can afford it and have 70 Defence and Mage. Also, can be replaced by an Infinty Hat.

I think its blue :P not bule :xd:

Also be careful of your commas, there's a space after them or don't use them

Blue Mystic hat or Ahrim's Skirt

Guest ~Alexander FT~

Ehh.... I was killing hell hounds and I used this ranging stuff: Ava's Accumulator, Blue D'Hide Body, Blue D'Hide Legs, Blue Spiky D'Hide Vambs, Glory, Wealth, Archer Helm, and boots. Does that help?

Edited by ~Alexander FT~

to be honest, no i'm sorry. I need a picture instead of words. Thanks for trying to help though. I'm be adding a range pic soon.

!!Note: I will be using Mopar for the Range picture due to no-one lending one. I'm sorry if it breaks any rules, if there is one against it.!!

Guest ~Alexander FT~

I can get you a pic of the equipment, but not the inventory.

EDIT: Here... hellhoundhuntingrangingds3.png Hope it helps!!!

Edited by ~Alexander FT~

YES! Thats what i needed. Thanks Alex. I'll put it in and add creds to you.

I'll also be adding the dreaded URLS for range now. >.< This takes forever!!

Sweet Guide. Got me to 50 Hunter in a few hours, but the rate i get levels has started to slow down loads now. Any tips?

Guest ~Alexander FT~

Awesome. Your welcome. Glad to help. :santa: !

Sweet Guide. Got me to 50 Hunter in a few hours, but the rate i get levels has started to slow down loads now. Any tips?

That's natural with all skills. The most xp you can get per monster in hunting is 450. And that's with imps and are very spread out and difficult to catch. ^_^

Glad to see it almost done.

I know how horrible adding links and pictures and stuff can be >_<

Btw in the "Written by:" part can you delete the space between Redalert and 501?

Thanks lol =p

Edited by Redalert501

ZOMG REDALERT!!! I am sorry, miss Hotgirl will get on it straight away!!

*yells at hotgirl 619*

"OI HOTGIRL!! REDALERT'S NAME IS SPELT WRONG, FIX IT UP YOU STUPID VIAL WOMAN!

Don't worry she will do it fast as lightning."

Merry Christmas,

OnYx :aware:

You should have at least 60 Range before attempting to range Hellhounds.

The following outfit is recommended for rangers.

"change picture to show following"

Helmet: Archer Helm. For a higher range bonus, a God Coif or Robin Hood Hat may be used.

Body: Black D'hide body.

Legs: Black D'hide chaps.

Arrows: Steel or Mithril arrows.

Weapon: Magic Shortbow or Crystal Bow. Iron knives are also a good choice.

Shield: N/A. If using Iron knives as your weapon, use a completed Zamorak Prayer Book for +8 range attack bonus.

Boots: Boots of Lightness to decrease time taken to run to Hellhounds, or Ranger Boots for faster kills.

Gloves: Barrows (Dark) Gloves. Can be obtained from the Recipe for Disaster chest after completion of the quest. If you do not have access to these gloves, use the best Recipe for Disaster gloves you have access to, or the highest level dragonhide vambraces you can wear, depending on the range bonus.

Ring: Ring of Wealth or Archer Ring.

Amulet: Amulet of Glory or an Amulet of Fury.

Cape: Legend's, Obsidian, Spottier, or a God cape. Preferably Spotty or Spottier for faster trips to and from the bank/your house.

I highly disagreed with the Range section. Changes in bold in quote.

The problem with this section:

"This is only recommened for high level Rangers. If you want you can use Karils. Karil's range armour gives good Range bonus. If you have it, you can swap the Robin Hood for Karil's Coif. Giving you the full set and the ability to use its special."

is that Karil's does not give it's ability unless you also wield the Crossbow. Karil's Crossbow is a very bad weapon to train with, as it's ammo is not reuseable like arrows, and full Karil's gives a range bonus the same as Black D'hide, while it costs alot to repair, and the ammo is expensive. Not to mention Karil's effect won't even help against monsters. Since when do monsters have Agility levels?

All in all, it's not an excellent guide, but it's fairly good. In my opinion, you need to do much more research before you submit it.

thanks for re-writting me range section for me XD

Any-who,

That is a very recent attitire for Range (God coif, Hunting stuff) and i think it would cost a ton of money. High leveled people will fight them so they are expected to have high stats and cash so it might be good for them. If your not as "experienced" at range like me, mine is the best in my opinion.

But, with your explanation of Karils i will change that. I'm not really smart in the barrows besides the basics. Creds and changes will be made.

OnYx :aware:

P.S. Guess Mopar is gunna help change the pic now. If no-one can lend one. I'll do it in the morning

Edited by OnYx

I'll edit this post with a pic in a few minutes.

Also, it's really not a good idea to do this with sub-par equipment or stats, if you're ranging. At least 60 is good, because otherwise you won't hit high enough to kill them efficiently.

Edited by Masao

How about i change the high level range thimg to what you've are suggesting?

That would make more sense with the Black D'hide and all.

I'll also note the "60 Range" thing.

As this is getting near to completion now, I thought I would take a look and do a little proofreading for you, even if you didnt want it :santa:

All things that need further looking at are designated by a star * for easy finding :santa:

HELLHOUND HUNTING

Hellhound Guide By OnYx and Redalert501

*Creds To Cxkslei, ~Alexander FT~

*I think this should be credits or nothing personally, it is the first thing people see

This can be dangerous to people who are below level 70. Above that you should be fine.

Okay, this guide should help people how to train on the cutest little doggies you've ever seen.

There are many ways to fight the Hellhound. In fact, you can use any style you want on them! Hellhounds are found at Taverly Dungeon, west of Falador and south of druid village. You can also find them at Ardougne Pure Gold Dungeon and deep in the Wilderness. You need to go past many monsters before you reach the hounds. So let me show you what you will need in...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.:YOUR INVENTORY:.

For WARRIORS your inventory you should look something like this:

You can swap the food for anything better.

The Anti-Dragonfire shield is for running past level 111 Blue dragons. If they get a lucky fire-ball on you it could be very dangerous. So when you run past be sure to have it equipped.

The Dragon battle-axe is for its special only. It raises your strength by a good amount, it can be swapped for a Super Strength Potion or just a normal strength potion.

The Anti-Poison is for running past the Poison Spiders only a short walk above the hounds.

Before you can get to the Hellhounds, you will need a dusty key. Go north of the Chaos Dwarves and past the Hill Giants. Go into the Black Knights Lair and west of the room after the door is a jail. Kill the jailer and get his key. Unlock the jail and talk to the *Explore. Ask him if he knows anywhere to explore and he will give you a Dusty Key. Go back to the place with Chaos Dwarves and Lesser Demons and use the Dusty Key on the door. This will take you to the Blue Dragons. You can also get a Key after passing the Blue Dragons and near the Lava Eels fishing spot.

*Explorer

The runes are explained below.

For RANGERS you can pretty much have exactly the same inventory, changing the dragon battle-axe for food or a Range Potion.

For MAGES your inventory should look something like this:

The runes are up to you. If you want to use Deaths instead of Chaos, go knock yourself out.

Some food is recommended.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.:YOUR WEAPONS AND ARMOUR:.

Helmet: Berserker Helm can be use for its good defence and strength bonus. It can be swapped for Barrows, Dragon or Rune.

Body plate: Rune is the cheapest with the best defence. Anything below is too weak. Can be swapped for Barrows or Dragon.Ahrim's Robe Top.

Legs: Again, Rune is the best, but for higher levels, Barrows is better. Maybe even Dragon. Ahrim's Robe Skirt.

Weapon:Rune Halberd. Can be swapped for a Dragon Halberd.

Shield: If you can use a Halberd you can't hold a shield.

Boots: Addy or Rune Boots boots are good. If you want, you can use Climbing Boots for its Strength bonus.

Gloves: White gloves, gauntlets, Recipe for Disaster gloves. All is a good *chose. Recipe for Disaster gloves are good for there Strength bonus.

*choice

Ring: Ring of Wealth or Ring of Life. If you want you can use a Ring of Recoil if you are going to Melee them front on.

Amulet: Strength is the best foot the Strength bonus. Fury, Power, its all good.

Cape: What ever you want. Obsidian Cape and the Cape of Legends are the best for *there defence bonus.

*their

For *Magers it should look like this.

*Mages or magic users, magers just sounds ...odd

Helmet: Blue Mystic Hat. Can be swapped for any other colour from the Mystic set. Or can be replaced with Ahrim’s Hood if you can afford it and have 70 Defence and Mage. Also, can be replaced by an Infinity Hat.

Bodyplate: Blue Mystic Top. Can be replaced by the other Mystics, .Ahrim's Robe Top or Infinity Robe Top.

Legs: Blue Mystic Bottoms. Can be replaced by other Mystic, Ahrim's Robe Skirt or Infinity Robe Bottoms.

Weapon: Air Staff. This is for a no Air trip. If you have loads of Airs and less of another, you can swap the staff around to suit the spell. Ancient Mage could be done here, but it would really be a waste of runes.

Shield: Guthix book of Balance. Can be replaced by a Saradomin book or Zamarok book.

Boots: Blue Mystic Boots, can be replaced by other Mystic, or Infinity Boots.

Gloves: Blue Mystic Gloves, can be replaced by other Mystic or Infinity Gloves

Ring: Ring of Life is recommended because if you get too low in health, you will get teleported straight to Lumbridge or Falador depending on what you set it to. NOTE:: Falador can *other be a near death teleport once you complete the quest: Recruitment Drive

*only

Amulet: Amulet of Glory, if you don't have one, you can easily make an Amulet of Mage. If you can kill Hellhounds, you must have some high levels.

Cape: Obsidian Cape can be used or if not, God capes can be used.

NOTE! You should have at least 60 Range before attempting to range Hellhounds.

Rangers can change this to suit there Range level.

For Moderate rangers this is recommended:

Helmet: Archer Helmet This can be changed to a Robin Hood Hat or can be left blank.

Bodyplate:Blue Dragonhide Body. Can be changed to another Dragonhide.

Legs:Blue Dragonhide Chaps. Can be changed to another Dragonhide.

Arrows: If you are using a Magic Bow of any kind, any arrows *is good. Above steel is reccomended.

*any arrows are good

Weapon: Magic Shortbow. Can be swapped for Crystal or*Magic Longbow.

*a space might be a good idea here :santa:

Shield: Nothing. If using a cross-bow, any shield with good range bonus is good.

Boots: White boots. Can be changed to anything else. Ranger boots are good if you can afford them. Metal boots (rune, addy, mith etc.) is NOT *reccomended even though it has good defence bonus, it lacks range bonus. And you should be hiding behind rocks and that so you shouldn't need good defence.

*recommended

Gloves: Anything that has good range bonus is good. If not then nothing. JaGeX has realesed "Spikey Vambraces." These give better defence bonus and a 1+ Strength bonus.

Ring: Dragonstone to help the clue appear faster is good, or *and Archer ring if you can afford one.

*an

Amulet: Glory, Accuracy, Fury. Any is good.

Cape: Legends is good and so is Obsidian . After completing Animal *Magnitisim, Ada givs you her own little device called "Ada's Device." This gives you certain arrows over a period of time.

*Magnetism

For High level Rangers this is also acceptable:

The following outfit is recommended for rangers.

"change picture to show following"

Helmet: Archer Helmet[. For a higher range bonus, a God Coif or Robin Hood Hat may be used.

Body: Black D'hide body.

Legs: Black D'hide chaps.

Arrows: Steel or Mithril arrows.

Weapon: Magic Shortbow or a Crystal Bow. Iron Knives are also a good choice.

Shield: N/A. If using Iron knives as your weapon, use a completed Unholy Book for +8 range attack bonus.

Boots: Boots of Lightness to decrease time taken to run to Hellhounds, or Ranger Boots for faster kills.

Gloves: Barrows Gloves. Can be obtained from the Recipe for Disaster chest after completion of the quest. If you do not have access to these gloves, use the best Recipe for Disaster gloves you have access to, or the highest level dragonhide vambraces you can wear, depending on the range bonus.

Ring: Ring of Wealth or Archer Ring.

Amulet: Amulet of Glory or *an Fury.

*a

Cape: Legend's, Obsidian, Spottier, or a God cape. Preferably Spotty or Spottier for faster trips to and from the bank/your house.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.:HALBERD SPOTS:.

This will show you where some places to attack Hellhounds without getting hit yourself! You will take some damage when you attack them when you *lute them to a spot or when you run past them.

*planning on singing them a lullaby?lol try lure :santa:

This is the "Invisible Line" trick. This is a boundary that the stops the Hellhounds from attacking you.

Here is anther spot for no damage ownage!! It's easy to find.

.:ESCAPE METHOD:.

To escape from this evil dungeon you can do either: Teleport or walk out.

Bringing runes is not necessary due to the Home Teleport. This takes no runes and sends you straight to Lumbridge. Make sure you are in an un-reachable place so the Hellhounds can't attack you when you try to leave.

.:NOTE:.

Hellhounds are level 122 and can easily hit 11s. If you are a low level I suggest you use a Rune or Dragon Halberd. They drop only 2 things: bones and a Level Three Clue Scroll! Great isn't it? Well... getting one can take a long time. I myself only got after *3 day 1hour each, then I got one after 2 kills.

*3 days

Check the Treasure *Trials Guide for more *info.

*Trails

*information

Pure Gold Dungeon Hellhound Hunting

Another easy way to train on your favourite puppies is in the Pure Gold Dungeon which is part of the Family Crest quest. It is suggested to have a high defence (60+) if you want to last long here without banking for more food.

If you haven't done Family Crest (you might have to have talked to the dwarf Boot in the quest to access it) you have to pull the levers you will find throughout it in a certain order.

Go to the north wall and pull the lever there so it is UP

Now go into the south room and pull that lever UP

Now go back to the north wall and pull its lever DOWN

You can now enter the north room to pull that lever UP

Proceed outside to pull the lever on the north wall UP

Go into the south room again to pull that lever DOWN

You now have access to the cage where the hellhounds are. An example of a suggested inventory and equipment is below.

This is a suggested inventory for melee'ers wishing to fight the hellhounds in this dungeon. The dds, is of course, optional (I like to use its specs when I get a full special bar just for the fun of it). The law and water runes for Ardougne teleport are of course optional if you don't have the level (51 Magic) or if you don't have enough law runes. Lobsters or better are suggested, but tuna or cakes would be alright (cakes are convenient as you can steal them in Ardougne).

This equipment is a very loose guideline, depending on your level you may have better/worse armour/weapons. This is a good example for what to wear for mid-level 80's, however.

Kill the hellhounds in the caged area until you have used up your food.

---------------------------

Clue Scrolls

Often you will get level 3 clue scrolls when fighting hellhounds (See the level 3 clues section of the Treasure Trail guide).

It is recommended that you do the scrolls (if you have protect from magic at least, and you think you can take on Saradomin Wizards lvl 108) as they can be quite rewarding.

-----------------------------------

I would also recommend dropping the abbrieviations as well, like mith, addy, spec, as you are writing a guide that you hope will be seen by everyone through the ages, all the shortcuts detract from the finished product. :santa:

Edited by Sparhawke

This seems to be a popular guide. :) Those diagram pictures are great, they really help (especially for clueless people like me :P ) and the strategies for each level are very detailed. Excellent guide, I'll use this to level up when I start playing again. :)

This seems to be a popular guide. :) Those diagram pictures are great, they really help (especially for clueless people like me :P ) and the strategies for each level are very detailed. Excellent guide, I'll use this to level up when I start playing again. :)

Hold on, let me hunt through it for mistakes. :P

(Finnally, I had a RS pun on words)

This guide will show you step by step how to do that, and more!

You never use the word guide in a guide unless the word guide is the name of an item in a guide.

Revision: Let's take a look at how to do all of this, one step at a time.

To start your hunting experience, head to Yanille, and buy some gear: Butterfly net, 2 bird snares, and a few butterfly jars. This will cost no more than 200gp.

No link to Yanille.

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/cities/yanille.html

If it does escape, your trap will look like this.

No Image?

You need to get one.

. Which means you are now able to catch Sapphire Glacials in the Snow Hunting Area (Near Trollheim), catch 429 of these until level 35, this will allow you to catch Snowy Knights. Continue catching Sapphire Glacials as well as Snowy Knights until level 43. You will need to catch 822 Sapphire Glacials or 635 Snowy Knights (or any combination of the two).

How about mentioning how many Sapphire Glacials until Snowy Knights, and then how many Snowy Knights from there to 43.

At level 43 hunting you can slay spotted Kebbits.

Should be hunt.

Everytime the word Falconry appears as a location the F in Falconry should be capitalized as it is a proper name.

If you'd like you can get some bait, as it's stackable, but it might take a while to accumulate a good amount check this guide for more information on what bait to use).

Don't ever use this guide in a guide. Change it to

good amount, check the Hunter Skill Guide.

(That's an exception the the rule of not using the word guide within a guide.)

that I used to train

Delete this text.

'please' don't demand it, they can do whatever they please.

That should start a new sentence.

Please, do not demand for them to leave, as they may do what they wish as long as it follows Jagex's Rules.

falconry

The F needs a capitalization.

That, just about covers it, I think.

rangearmor.png

Sorry, my internet died last night.

No probs, i'll add the picture now.

Nice, going well :)

I take it that you're just about ready to put that final "Complete" tag under the Thread name?:P

:P Yep. Woo almost finished my first guide!! :)

Thanks for proof reading it Sparhawke. I'm really bad at spelling. I added more stuff to the guide after I used Word to edit it. Must of used the wring corrections.

OnYx

P.S When does this get put under Accepted Guides and Content? Does Sal do that? Not sure..

:)

Edited by OnYx

This guide will show you step by step how to do that, and more!

You never use the word guide in a guide unless the word guide is the name of an item in a guide.

Revision: Let's take a look at how to do all of this, one step at a time.

Fixed

To start your hunting experience, head to Yanille, and buy some gear: Butterfly net, 2 bird snares, and a few butterfly jars. This will cost no more than 200gp.

No link to Yanille.

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/cities/yanille.html

There is now :wub:

If it does escape, your trap will look like this.

No Image?

You need to get one.

Changed the wording and moved the picutre.

. Which means you are now able to catch Sapphire Glacials in the Snow Hunting Area (Near Trollheim), catch 429 of these until level 35, this will allow you to catch Snowy Knights. Continue catching Sapphire Glacials as well as Snowy Knights until level 43. You will need to catch 822 Sapphire Glacials or 635 Snowy Knights (or any combination of the two).

How about mentioning how many Sapphire Glacials until Snowy Knights, and then how many Snowy Knights from there to 43.

Actually that's exactly what I said :rolleyes: "catch 429 of these until level 35, this will allow you to catch Snowy Knights"

"until level 43. You will need to catch 822 Sapphire Glacials or 635 Snowy Knights (or any combination of the two)."

At level 43 hunting you can slay spotted Kebbits.

Should be hunt.

Fixed

Everytime the word Falconry appears as a location the F in Falconry should be capitalized as it is a proper name.

If you'd like you can get some bait, as it's stackable, but it might take a while to accumulate a good amount check this guide for more information on what bait to use).

Don't ever use this guide in a guide. Change it to

good amount, check the Hunter Skill Guide.

(That's an exception the the rule of not using the word guide within a guide.)

that I used to train

Delete this text.

'please' don't demand it, they can do whatever they please.

That should start a new sentence.

Please, do not demand for them to leave, as they may do what they wish as long as it follows Jagex's Rules.

falconry

The F needs a capitalization.

That, just about covers it, I think.

Fixed, fixed, and hopefully all fixed.

Also added you to the special thanks.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.