Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MRC

Two Suggestions

This is a small suggestion, but could you just delete all the closed threads in the Guides in Progress forum? There is no point in them being there, and the owner probably knows it’s been closed. It just looks messy. What will happen once a hunting guide gets accepted? All the other ones get closed? It will look messy and a bit unorganized having all these locked threads. I clean sweep wouldn’t hurt.

Also, a suggestion for the Oh No! forum puzzle. Is there anyway you can delete ALL the posts, so some of the answers from previous post can’t be found? Seriously, if you go through all the posts (well some of them, starting around like pages 30-50) you can find the answer. Then there is no point in the puzzle.

Those all my suggestions, enjoy.

~ Mrcsupertrain

Wouldn't ending the puzzle affect the Super Sleuth in some way?

~ Mrcsupertrain

Wouldn't ending the puzzle affect the Super Sleuth in some way?

~ Mrcsupertrain

Maybe but you already know our forum with the plot to overthrow Sals is way too crowded anyway.

And deleting post doesn't lower post count?

i think that they dont delete them because it would lower peoples post count.

Wouldn't that be a shame. :aware: And I don't think it would anyway, but I could be wrong. :D

I agree 100%. Those topics really do not need to be there, and deleting them for the sake of easy navigation would make things much easier.

I don’t think it affects post count if you delete topics/posts. Who cares if your post count is lowered by five to 10 posts. Most of the closed topics don’t even have 30 posts. It wouldn’t be a major problem if it did.

Ending the puzzle wouldn’t be that bad, but I’m sure some people still want to do it. But like I said, you can solve the puzzle when people tell you “LOOK AT HIS INTEREST”. You can skip all the clues if you read that. Like I said, I think you should delete the posts on that topic. Delete all of them and start with a fresh new slate. That way the hints are hidden and we have a puzzle again.

~ Mrcsupertrain

Guest Mystic Zeus

I agree with both of the suggestions.

The Guide in Progress forum is getting a little to messy now and action needs to be done to remove all those locked posts.

The puzzle is a little old now. The member's had there fun while it lasted and now it is time to remove it. Soon everyone will know the password and it will be like any normal forum on this board.

I don't care about the puzzle thing but I will add my two cents on the Guide in Progress issue.

I do not think it is a good idea to delete threads there. If there already is a guide or the guide is older than the bump date have it closed. I have often read closed guides, or just old guides, that have not been accepted to find other bits of usefull information that may not be listed in the current guide, if there is one.

Another reason is that most people have put a lot of world into a guide that might not have been accepted but is still a good guide and worth others seeing.

That is the opinion of this guide writer.

i think that they dont delete them because it would lower peoples post count.

No it does not affect your post count in any way.

Yes it does look quite messy in there :)