Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Darkest

Self-freeze Topic

Ok, this Idea just popped into my head one day.

I'm just guessing that mod's inboxes are spammed with "Please close my topic" or "Close this topic". What if there was a self freeze button where you could just click and the thread would be closed? This button would only show up to the owner of the topic.

Another way would be for the topic to automatically close after 7 days to prevent bumps and rulebreaks.

Comments?

It's one of the priviliges of DM's to close their own topics. Normal members can't do this. I guess it could be abused immensly. :(

Well people might start spamming then closing their own topics getting free post count.

Nice idea but as the poster above me said only DM's get to do this because they have the privalige.

i dont like this idea many people just click report and then say close please thats what i do to myself and i dont get a warning

This has been suggested before. The problem is that opening and closing topics is combined, so if a member can close a topic, they can also open it. So if the mods close a member's topic they can just open it up again, which would cause a lot of trouble. It's a nice idea, but I think we're doing ok with reports right now. ^_^